手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

神秘水族馆中的白鲸(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Coming up next on Jonathan Bird's Blue World--Belugas!

接下来请收看乔纳森·伯德的《蓝色世界》之白鲸篇!
Hi I'm Jonathan Bird and welcome to my world!
嗨,我是乔纳森·伯德,欢迎来到我的世界!
what's 2,000 pounds, bright white and lives in Connecticut?
康涅狄格州有什么东西能有2000磅重,还呈亮白色?
Give up?
你放弃了吗?
Yes, I'm talking about the Beluga whale, and while normally one would need to go all the way up to the arctic to see one,
没错,我说的就是白鲸,虽然正常情况下人们需要一路到北极才能看到一头白鲸,
today I'm going to be hanging out with some Belugas at the Mystic Aquarium in Connecticut.
今天我要到康涅狄格州的神秘水族馆与一些白鲸一起嬉戏。
The Mystic aquarium is known for a variety of beautiful underwater exhibits including their sharks and rays, coral, fish, invertebrates and even moray eels.
神秘水族馆以各种美丽的水下展品而闻名,包括鲨鱼、鳐鱼、珊瑚、鱼类、无脊椎动物,甚至还有海鳗。
The barracuda exhibit is really cool, but in my opinion the best one is yet to come.
梭鱼展览超酷,但在我看来最好的还没开始。
The Beluga whale exhibit is outdoors.
白鲸展览在户外。
This impressive lagoon really feels like its out in the wild.
这个令人印象深刻的环礁湖真的就像是在野生环境中一样。
It makes visitors almost feel like they are in the water with the whales!
这让游客们几乎觉得他们和鲸鱼一起待在水里!
Today, I'm joining the staff of Beluga trainers to learn what's involved in the care of the four Beluga whales that live here.
今天,我将与白鲸训练师一道,了解生活在这里的四头白鲸的护理工作。
That's a lot of fish.
有很多鱼。
I get the feeling this is going to take a while!
我觉得这得花点时间了!
My day starts with food prep.
我的一天从准备食物开始。
Why do segments like this always start with raw fish?
为什么像这样的片段总是从生鱼开始呢?
I meet Kate McElroy, one of the Beluga Trainers who is going to show me how they prepare the daily meals for the whales.
我见到了白鲸训练师凯特·麦克罗伊,她将向我展示他们如何为鲸鱼准备日常饮食。
It starts with herring and squid.
首先是鲱鱼和鱿鱼。
Alright, are you ready to start carrying some fish in?
好吧,你准备好带鱼进去了吗?
It all starts with herring and squid.
从鲱鱼和鱿鱼开始。
Herring, coming up!
鲱鱼来了!
A frozen block of cephalopods.
一块冻上的软体动物。
That's actually kind of gross.
实际上有点恶心。
Look at his little flat eyeball.
看看它那平平的小眼睛。
You can put that one right up here for me and I'm going to need four feeds for the day so this looks kind of complicated here but really all it is:
你可以帮我把那个放在这儿,我一天需要喂四份食物,所以这看起来有点复杂,但实际上就是很复杂:
each bucket that I weigh out for Juno is going to have 6.3 kilos in it.
我给朱诺称的每桶都重6.3公斤。

1.jpg

And for Kela, 2.6, Naku 5.3, Naluark 6.4.

珂兰是2.6公斤,纳古5.3公斤,那鲁阿克 6.4公斤。
I can do this!
我可以做这个!
After the fish have been washed and inspected to be sure they are free of any possible contamination, I weigh out a bucket of fish that will be breakfast for a beluga named Juno.
把鱼清洗好后检查一下,确保它们没有任何污染物。我称了一桶鱼,这是给白鲸朱诺的早餐。
I feel like I'm on Dirty Jobs...
感觉自己在干脏活......
It is kind of a dirty job isn't it?
是有点干脏活的意思,对吧?
Weighing out the food for all four whales takes about half an hour.
称出所有四头鲸鱼的食物大约需要半小时。
Like that's too much, already.
好像太多了。
That's so wrong.
错得有点离谱。
Once we finish the messy job of weighing out the fish, we can rinse off our gloves and head out to the exhibit for the next morning task.
我们弄完称鱼的杂货后,可以冲洗手套,然后前往第二天早上会举行展览的展区。
Outside, the staff is already cleaning the exhibit, and I'm going to help.
外面的工作人员已经在打扫展区了,我要给他们帮忙。
My first order of business is cleaning the big windows to get all the handprints and dirt off so people can see the Belugas clearly.
我的第一个任务是清理大玻璃,清除所有的手印和灰尘,这样人们就能清楚地看到白鲸。
Or maybe so they can see us clearly, I'm not actually sure!
或者它们可以清楚地看到我们,我不确定!
I hope you appreciate this.
希望你能感谢我们。
I'm doing this all for you buddy!
我在为你做这一切,伙计!
As I work, Juno keeps an eye on me.
我工作的时候,朱诺一直盯着我。
And I can't help but think maybe he's not impressed.
我忍不住想,也许他没什么感觉。
Okay, I'm slow at the squeegee but you have got to admit, that is clean!
好吧,我擦得很慢,但你不得不承认,很干净啊!
Right?
对不对?
Hey what do you think you're doing over there?
你在那边干什么呢?
What the heck are you doing now?
你到底在干吗?
So we're going to move on to the next window, we still have to get a lot more cleaned.
我们要移到下一块玻璃那去了,我们仍然还有清洁工作要做。
Oh you want me to actually work?
你想让我工作对吗?
Big windows mean lots of cleaning.
大窗玻璃意味着要花很多时间来清洁。
And for some reason I feel like I'm being watched.
出于某种原因,我感觉自己被监视了。
It's hard to keep my eyes on my work!
我很难专心工作!
The whales are incredibly captivating!
鲸鱼令人难以置信地着迷!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
complicated ['kɔmplikeitid]

想一想再看

adj. 复杂的,难懂的
动词complica

 
block [blɔk]

想一想再看

n. 街区,木块,石块
n. 阻塞(物), 障

 
variety [və'raiəti]

想一想再看

n. 多样,种类,杂耍

 
bucket ['bʌkit]

想一想再看

n. 水桶
vt. 装在桶里
vi.

 
impressive [im'presiv]

想一想再看

adj. 给人深刻印象的

联想记忆
appreciate [ə'pri:ʃieit]

想一想再看

vt. 欣赏,感激,赏识
vt. 领会,充分意

联想记忆
impressed

想一想再看

adj. 外加的;印象深刻的;了不起的;受感动的

 
exhibit [ig'zibit]

想一想再看

v. 陈列,展览,展示
n. 展品,展览

联想记忆
contamination [kən.tæmi'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 污染,污染物

 
whale [weil]

想一想再看

n. 鲸
vi. 捕鲸
v. 鞭打,

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 佛罗里达州的珊瑚农场(上) 2019-08-08
  • 佛罗里达州的珊瑚农场(下) 2019-08-09
  • 神秘水族馆中的白鲸(下) 2019-08-17
  • 库斯托蓝洞(上) 2019-08-23
  • 库斯托蓝洞(下) 2019-08-29
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。