手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED-Ed教育演讲 > 正文

你能解开密码之谜吗

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

In this dystopian world, your resistance group is humanity's last hope.

在这个反乌托邦世界中,你们的反抗组织是人类的最后希望。
Unfortunately, you've all been captured by the tyrannical rulers
不幸的是,你们被暴虐的统治者抓到,
and brought to the ancient colosseum for their deadly entertainment.
并被带到古时候的斗兽场,将以死亡取悦他们。
Before you're thrown into the dungeon, you see many numbered hallways leading outside.
在你们被扔进地牢前,你看见了很多条通往外界的走廊。
But each exit is blocked by an electric barrier with a combination keypad.
但每一个出口都有配有按键组合的电子栏杆。
You learn that one of you will be allowed to try to escape by passing a challenge
你知道你们中的一人将被允许尝试通过挑战逃离,
while everyone else will be fed to the mutant salamanders the next morning.
但剩下的人将会在第二天成为异形蜥蜴的早餐。
With her perfect logical reasoning, Zara is the obvious choice.
因为有着完美的逻辑推理能力,Zara成了理所当然的选择。
You hand her a concealed audio transmitter so that the rest of you can listen along.
你交给她一个隐藏的声音发射器,这样剩下的人可以听到她的动态。
As Zara is led away, you hear her footsteps echo through one of the hallways, then stop.
Zara先走了出去,你听到她的脚步的回声从其中的一条走廊上传来,然后停下了。
A voice announces that she must enter a code consisting of three positive whole numbers in ascending order,
一个声音宣称,她必须输入一个代码,代码由三个正整数构成,并由升序排列,
so the second number is greater than or equal to the first, and the third is greater than or equal to the second.
所以第二个数字必须大于等于第一个,且第三个数字大于等于第二个。
She may ask for up to three clues, but if she makes a wrong guess,
她可以要求提供三条线索,但是她如果做出了错误的猜测,
or says anything else, she'll be thrown back into the dungeon.
或者说了其它内容,她将会被重新扔回地牢。
For the first clue, the voice says the product of the three numbers is 36.
第一条线索,这个声音说,这三个数字相乘的结果是36。
When Zara asks for the second clue,
当Zara询问第二条线索,
it tells her the sum of the numbers is the same as the number of the hallway she entered.
声音告诉她这些数字的总和同她进入的走廊的数字一样。
There's a long silence. You're sure Zara remembers the hallway number,
长久的静默。你确定Zara记起了走廊的数字,
but there's no way for you to know it, and she can't say it outloud.
但你却没办法知道数字是什么,并且Zara不能大声地说出来。
If Zara could enter the passcode at this point, she would, but instead, she asks for the third clue,
如果这时Zara可以输入代码,她会输入的,但并没有,她要求了第三条线索。

你能解开密码之谜吗

and the voice announces that the largest number appears only once in the combination.

这个声音宣称,最大的数字只在这个组合中出现了一次。
Moments later, the buzz of the electric barrier stops for a few seconds, and you realize that Zara has escaped.
片刻后,电子卫士的鸣声停止了一会儿,你意识到Zara已经逃出了。
Unfortunately, her transmitter is no longer in range, so that's all the information you get.
不幸的是,她的声音发射器已不在适用范围内,所以这是你所能知道的所有信息。
Can you find the solution?
你能找到解决办法吗?
Pause on the next screen to work out the solution.
暂停下一屏幕,来找到解决方案。
You're worried about the fact that you don't know Zara's hallway number,
你在担心你并不知道Zara在走廊上的数字,
but you decide to start from the beginning anyways.
但你决定无论如何也得从头开始。
From the first clue, you work out all of the eight possible combinations that come out to a product of 36.
从第一条线索,你列出了所有得出相乘结果是36的8种可能组合。
One of these must be right, but which one?
它们中的一个肯定是正确的,但是哪一个呢?
Now comes the hard part.
现在这是最难的部分。
Even though you don't know which number you're looking for,
尽管你不知道你在寻找哪个数字,
you decide to work out the sum of each combination's three numbers. That's when it hits you.
你决定算把每个组合的3个数字的总和都算出来。这是你获得灵感的瞬间。
All but two of the sums are unique, and if the hallway number had matched any of these,
除了其中的两个结果,其他的求和结果都是独特的,并且如果走廊数字与其中任何一个匹配,
Zara would have known the correct combination right then and there without asking for the third clue.
Zara都本该在那时就知道正确的组合,而不需要要求第3条线索。
Since she did ask for the clue,
因为她确实问了线索,
the hallway number must have matched the only sum that appears more than once in the list: thirteen.
走廊数字就一定是与在求和列表中出现不止1次的数字相匹配:13。
But which of the two combinations that add up to thirteen is correct: 1,6,6, or 2,2,9?
但这两组求和结果为13的数字,哪一组是正确的呢:1,6,6还是2,2,9?
That's where the third clue comes in.
这时就要用到第3条线索。
Since it tells us that the largest number must be unique, 2,2,9 must be the code.
因为它告诉我们最大的数字是第一无二的,2,2,9一定是这个代码。
When night falls, you and the others escape through hallway thirteen and rejoin Zara outside.
当夜幕降临,你和其他人逃离了13走廊,并且与Zara再外面汇合。
You've freed yourselves through math and logic.
你们解救了自己,通过数字和逻辑。
Now it's time to free the rest of the world.
现在是解救这个世界的时候了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
hallway ['hɔ:lwei]

想一想再看

n. 门厅;玄关;走廊

 
barrier ['bæriə]

想一想再看

n. 界线,屏障,栅栏,障碍物

 
escape [is'keip]

想一想再看

v. 逃跑,逃脱,避开
n. 逃跑,逃脱,(逃

 
range [reindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 范围,行列,射程,山脉,一系列
v. 排

 
concealed [kən'si:ld]

想一想再看

adj. 隐蔽的,隐匿的

 
combination [.kɔmbi'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 结合,联合,联合体

联想记忆
logic ['lɔdʒik]

想一想再看

n. 逻辑,逻辑学,条理性,推理

联想记忆
silence ['sailəns]

想一想再看

n. 沉默,寂静
vt. 使安静,使沉默

 
reasoning ['ri:zniŋ]

想一想再看

n. 推论,推理,论证

联想记忆
code [kəud]

想一想再看

n. 码,密码,法规,准则
vt. 把 ...

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。