手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

冰岛搜救队 明明都是普通人 却比谁都英雄

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Known as the land of fire and ice, Iceland is an island of extremes, where people wage a relentless war against the elements.

被称之为“冰火岛”的冰岛是一个极端的岛屿,在那里,人类向自然发起了一场残酷的战争。
It's seriously unpredictable weather.
这边的天气根本无法预测。
It's basically like a battle storm of different high pressure, low pressure areas.
基本上就是高压地区和低压地区的风暴拉锯战。
Anything can happen.
任何情况都有可能发生。
Dangerous conditions mean people can find themselves in serious trouble, and in need of rescue.
危险的环境意味着人们可能身陷险境,需要救援。
But there's a problem.
但有个问题:
The small country has no army or government program to help,
这个小国家既没有提供援助的军队,也没有相关的政府项目,
so citizens formed the Icelandic Search and Rescue Team, known as ICESAR, a national emergency force.
于是,冰岛的民众自行组建了一支国家应急部队——“冰岛搜救队”(ICESAR)。
They're everyday people, willing to risk their lives to save others in the worst conditions imaginable.
他们无一不是普通人,却都愿意在能想象到的最恶劣的条件下冒着生命危险拯救他人。
You're going out in the conditions when everyone else is supposed to be inside.
所有人都应该待在室内的时候,你要出去救人。
So we have to be a little bit crazy, but in a good way.
所以,我们都得是个小疯子,不过是好的那种小疯子才有这个勇气。
ICESAR is a community of volunteers that responds to calls for help all year round in Iceland.
ICESAR是一个由志愿者组成的,常年响应冰岛的求助请求的团体。
I think to take part in ICESAR, you just have to be willing to put forward the skills that you have.
我认为,要加入ICESAR,你得愿意施展你的技能。
I sometimes consider a rescue team like a village.
有时,我会将救援队看作是一个村庄。
You need every kind of person to make everything work.
你需要各种各样的人才,才能顺利地开展援救。
I think it's kind of amazing, because it's all volunteers.
感觉这个团队很神奇,因为所有人都是自发加入进来的。
We have professors, taxi drivers, carpenters, plumbers, office workers, just name it, men and women, all kind of people.
我们有教授、出租车司机、木匠、水管工、上班族,男性女性,什么样的人都有。
It's very hard to imagine Iceland without our association of go teams.
很难想象冰岛没有我们的搜救团队会是什么样。
Iceland's breathtaking landscape attracts tourists and adventure seekers from all over the world,
冰岛令人叹为观止的美景吸引了来自世界各地的游客和冒险家,
but that beauty can lure people to a false sense of security.
但这些美景可能会让人们产生虚假的安全感。
The weather conditions can change faster than anything else.
因为这边的天气变得比什么都快。
You can have a sunny day, and in two minutes, it's a storm.
阳光明媚的大晴天转眼就能变成暴风雨。
Wind, rain, even snow in the summertime.
刮风,下雨,夏天都能下雪。
People are just going for a hike, and they're pretty confident that the mountain they're going on is not dangerous.
大家本来只想郊游一番,还很有把握他们要去的山没有什么危险。
We have the lower glaciers, which have become quite a popular tourist attraction,
我们有的冰川海拔比较低,而且已经是旅游胜地了,
and people are going for walks on these, and they are full of crevasses, extremely dangerous, super slippery,
大家想到冰川上走一走,但那些冰川到处都是裂缝,极其危险,极容易打滑,
and then they fall over and hurt themselves,
大家就很容易摔倒并且伤到自己,
then they have to rely on Search and Rescue to come and find them.
就不得不依靠我们的搜救团队去找他们了。
For average citizens to gain the skills needed to be part of ICESAR, they go through a rigorous 18-month training program.
普通人要获得加入ICESAR所需的技能需要接受为期18个月的严格培训。

2

They learn mountaineering, climbing and orienteering.

学习内容包括登山、爬坡和定向越野等。
It takes a huge skill set, but when you can deal with any weather, then you can go out and help people.
加入ICESAR需要大量的技能,当你什么天气都能应付的时候就能出去帮助别人了。
Across the whole country, I think, our teams get to 4.5 callers per day.
我们团队平均每天都会接到4.5个求助电话,各个地方的都有。
And our people, they're running from their own work or their family to join the team.
接到电话,我们的员工立马就要丢下工作或是家人归队。
When I get called out, we have three codes.
收到任务时,我们有三个准则。
F1, high priority, life at stake. F2, not as high priority. And F3, easygoing.
F1,高度优先,生命危在旦夕。F2,次优先。还有F3,问题不大。
When you get called out high priority, and you get your text and it says a child,
收到高度优先的任务,短信里写着有孩子时,
and your heart goes pounding almost out of your chest, and you run out, I don't even say goodbye to my children or my wife.
你的心脏几乎都要跳出来了,直接就狂奔出去,都来不及和妻儿道别。
I can remember one call, a boy, lost in Selfoss.
还记得曾经接到过一个电话,一个男孩在塞尔福斯走丢了。
All I could think about was my son.
我满脑子想的都是我儿子。
If he got lost, I would like to have everyone helping.
如果他迷路了,我希望所有人都能去救他。
So a lot of emotions comes up when you get called up.
所以,接到电话的时候,会有很多情绪涌上你心头。
I'm proud of the unity and the fight that people are willing to sacrifice in their spare time to help others.
我为我们的团结感到自豪,也会大家愿意在业余时间奉献自己,帮助他人感到自豪。
The feeling that I get when we rescue someone.
当我们成功拯救一个人时的那种感觉。
It doesn't have to be me that finds the person.
就算不是我发现的那个人。
It can be another group searching somewhere else, but we're searching for the same person.
可能是另一个小组在找另一个人,但我们找的其实也是同一个人。
When someone gets found, we get this wellness feeling.
只要有人被找到,我们就会很开心。。
We did something right.
因为我们做了对的事。
They're our heroes in so many ways, but in Icelandic culture, we don't do a lot of hero talk.
从很多方面来看,他们都是我们的英雄,但是在我们的冰岛文化中,我们不怎么会把这事儿挂到嘴上。
No, I'm not a hero. I'm just a part of a team.
不,我不是英雄。我只是团队的一员而已。
I'm not a hero, no. I'm just a normal person.
我不是英雄,不是。我只是个普通人。
I'm very proud of the Association and what they have accomplished.
我为我们协会以及协会取得的成就感到骄傲。
They've saved a lot of lives.
他们救过很多人的命。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
adventure [əd'ventʃə]

想一想再看

n. 冒险,奇遇
vt. 冒险,尝试

联想记忆
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
popular ['pɔpjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的

联想记忆
sacrifice ['sækrifais]

想一想再看

n. 牺牲,供俸,祭品
vt. 牺牲,祭祀,贱

联想记忆
priority [prai'ɔriti]

想一想再看

n. 优先权,优先顺序,优先

 
willing ['wiliŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的

 
stake [steik]

想一想再看

n. 桩,赌注,利害关系
v. 下注,用桩支撑

联想记忆
security [si'kju:riti]

想一想再看

n. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券

 
rescue ['reskju:]

想一想再看

vt. 营救,援救
n. 营救,救援

联想记忆
relentless [ri'lentlis]

想一想再看

adj. 无情的,冷酷的,残酷的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。