手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 吉米鸡毛秀 > 正文

女星戴安·拉法尔聊迪士尼和新书

来源:可可英语 编辑:shaun   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I was thinking about your husband, the very funny Paul Scheer. He was here almost exactly one year ago.

我此时想到了你的丈夫,非常有趣的保罗·谢尔,大概一年前,他也坐在这里。

Wow.

哇。

And he was talking about your kids, your boys, who were 4 and 2 at the time. How old are they now?

他谈了你的孩子,当时他们分别是4岁和2岁。他们现在几岁?

Oh, they're 5 and 3.

噢,他们现在分别是5岁和3岁。

That makes perfect sense. Everything going well at home? Everything good?

这很。家里一切顺利吗?一切都好吗

You know, yes.

是的。

Are they in school now.

他们上学了吗?

So our oldest just started kindergarten, and I made the mistake of telling him his birth story just a few days before. And when he was born, the doctor told me to pull him out, and i sat him -- get ready.

大的刚上幼儿园,数天前,我犯了一个错误,我告诉他出生的故事。他出生时,医生让我把他拽出来,于是我就准备好。

What? the doctor told you to pull him out?

什么?医生让你把他拽出来?

Yeah.

是的。

I was going to say that's your job.

我当时想说,这是你的工作。

I look back on it, and I have questions. But I pulled him out, and I sat him on my chest, and the first thing I remember happening in my crazed state was I thought a spider was running across my face, and then I thought I swallowed a spider and my thought was.

现在回想起来,我有一些疑问。但我把他拽出来了,放在我的胸前,我记得我当时疯狂状态下的第一件事是,我认为一只蜘蛛在我的脸上跑动,然后我想,我吞了一只蜘蛛,这是我当时的想法。

This is not a clean room that I'm in.

这间屋子不干净。

This should be sterile. We're at Cedar Sinai, and then I realized the baby is peeing directly into my mouth.

房间应该是无菌的。当时我们在Cedar Sinai医院,然后我意识到,婴儿正在朝我的口中尿尿。

Mm-hm.

嗯哼

Yeah, so I told him this story.

所以我告诉他这个故事。

It's a boy!

生了个男婴!

We're clear on thatso I told him this story a few days before he started kindergartenen, and I see him when we walk up to the school immediately start to tell people, I peeed in her mouth, I peed in her mouth, not even saying that's my mom, not even, it was so dehumanizing.

我们知道,所以我们在他开始上幼儿园前几天告诉他这个故事,当我们走向学校时,他立即开始告诉人们,我尿到了她的嘴里了,我尿到了她的嘴里了,他甚至都没有说这是我妈妈,这太没有人性了。

And did you, did you explain?

你解释了吗?

I had to and so we've been, we've been battling that, because he thinks it's hilarious, which it is, I mean, it's just funny.

我不得不解释,所以我们解释了,因为他认为这是滑稽的,我的意思是,这只是好笑的事。

Yeah.

是的

And he wants to tell everyone, without any context.

但他想告诉每个人,不顾场合。

Right, well, that's the key to it is giving no context at all.

是的,完全不分场合,这是关键。

So I'm screaming out in grocery stores, first story! first story.

所以我在杂货店大喊大叫,第一个故事,第一个故事。

Even that doesn't make sense.

这也没法澄清。

Doesn't make a lick of sense.

一点也没法澄清。

Maybe you should carry around a pamphlet that explains and hand it to them and leave. Did you go on a vacation?

可能你应该带一个小册子,解释并发放册子,然后离开。你们度假了吗?

We spent eight days at Disney.

我们在迪士尼玩了八天。

World or land?

是迪士尼世界还是迪士尼乐园?

World.

迪士尼世界。

That's like seven days too many.

似乎七天有点长。

Really, almost a fortnight.

是的,几乎像两周。

Eight days.

八周。

Too many days.

太长了。

Were you stranded? what happened?

你们耽搁了吗?发生了什么事?

No, it was elective, my husband, I married into a Disney family.

没有,这是一个选择,我丈夫的原因,他们一家人都喜欢迪士尼。

Really? I had to take vows.

真的吗?我需要起誓。

What do you mean?

你的意思是?

They identify as part of the culture. It's in their blood. They go to the parks they go to the rides. they are Disney people.

他们是迪士尼的一部分,这融入了他们的血液。他们进入迪士尼,然后玩各种项目,他们热爱迪士尼。

Do they wear the matching sweatshirts and everything, especially Paul?

他们穿了相应的衣服吗?尤其是保罗

I feel he takes the stance of I'm a Disney historian. I'm going to tell you about Mr. toad's magic ride, and I have the original poster, and he's like into the lore and the history, and I'm just like, dude, you like the rides, it's okay.

我认为保罗是这样的,他认为自己对迪士尼了如指掌,将介绍好玩的项目,他有原版海报,喜欢这方面的知识,他就是喜欢,就是这样。

Which is his favorite ride?

他最喜欢的项目是什么?

Well, when we spent that time there, by the way, started off the trip as an outsider looking in and really went in like I'm a field reporter, staring at these people with a lot of judgment.

当我们在迪士尼时,我们最开始就像旁观者,我就像一个现场报道者,理性地盯着这些人。

Uh-huh.

嗯哼。

And I'm like, wow, they look crazy with turkey legs and T shirts, and by the end of it, I was one of them.

我就想,哇,他们在里面狂吃鸡腿,狂买T恤,最终我也和他们一样。

Oh, really? Wow and on what day?

噢,真的吗?在第几天?

I know.

我知道。

On what day did you make the turn, day five?

你是在第几天出现这种转变的?第五天吗?

It was sooner than that.

比这还要早。

Sooner than day five.

不到五天。

When you're changing into a bathing suit in an alley getting ready to go on a ride, you're no better than anybody else.

当你换上泳衣,准备玩一个水上项目,你就和其他人一样了。

Your family has the foresight to wear bathing suits on a water ride? That never occurred to me. You get wet and you're drenched for three hours.

你的家人在玩水上项目时有先见之明,知道穿泳装吗?我不是这样的,我们的衣服湿了三个小时。

There's another way.

还有其他情况。

I have to consult with you.

我不得不向你咨询。

We come correct, we have water bags, changing bags to put our stuff in.

我们有备而来,我们有装东西的包。

Maybe this will be your next book.

这些或许可以写到你的下一本书里。

A how-to guide, how to do Disney.

一本介绍如何玩转迪士尼的书。

This book is targeted at whom specifically.

这本书的目标群体是哪些人?

Women.

女性。

For women who are thinking of running for office.

为那些考虑竞选公职的女性准备。

This is a guide book for who are thinking of office after the election, Donald Trump's election.

这是一本为那些在总统选举后考虑公职的女性写的。

What? I wasn't told about this.

什么?我之前没有听说过。

I have real news to bring. After the election I was feeling like I think you were, pretty devastated and I just had my second baby and was like attached to a breast pump and just like mm, mm, mm, mm, and just like tears, and utter embarrassment for, for what was going on, and I felt like I had to do something more than what I was doing.

我有一些事情要分享。选举过后,我就像被摧毁了,我生了二胎,就像安装了一个抽奶机,对发生的事情非常尴尬,我感觉我必须做更多的事情。

And so you come up with a way -- [cheers and applause]to encourage women to run for office.

所以你想到一种方法,鼓励女性参加竞选。

That's right.

是的。

And there are a lot of offices to run for.

可以竞选很多公职。

I co-wrote this book. There are over 500,000 offices to run for in the united states up and down the ballot.

我是这本书的合著者。在美国有50万公职可以竞选。

500,000.

50万。

Yeah, a lot. This is really a road map for women who want to figure out how it might work in their real lives.

是的,很多,对于那些想知道未来的生活会如何的女性来说,这的确是一个指引。

And gives you real helpful tips.

给出了你的确有帮助的提示。

Absolutely.

绝对的。

What is the number one thing people should know if they're thinking about maybe doing something like this?

如果人们想做类似的事,首先要了解什么?

I think the first step, when I asked Kate, what should I do first, what's the first thing, she said start telling people. And I was like, shouldn't I know where and how, and the money, and what about the pics I sent that guy in '97? What about these things?

我认为第一步,当我询问凯特我首先该做什么,第一件事是什么?她说,开始告诉人们。我当时想,我应该知道从哪里开始、如何开始、钱从哪里来,我在1997年向那个人发送的图片,这些事情怎么办?

What about the Disneyland bathing suit?

迪士尼泳装呢?

I was screaming at my kids hold a turkey leg, someone has the footage.

我向我那拿着鸡腿的小孩大叫,有人拍下来了。

That's not one you want out there necessarily.

这不是你想出现的。

So she said, no. It's incredibly important to tell people right away, because you start to hold yourself accountable, and even naming it and saying the words out loud starts the process.

所以她说,不。你应该马上告诉人们,这非常重要,因为你开始让自己负责,即使是大声说出来也是一个开端。

And then if your friends go oh, no, that's a terrible idea then you know maybe that's not a good idea.

然后,如果你的朋友开说,不要!这是一个糟糕的想法,然后你知道,这可能不是一个好主意。

Okay, Jimmy, I thought were you going to be supportive of this project.

好了,吉米,我想你会支持这个计划的。

It depends, I take on a case by case basis. For some people, I would say, yeah, its a great idea, for other people I go no, no, no, no. That's a very interesting subject, and it's called Represent: the woman's guide to running for office and changing the world.

这需要考虑不同的情况。对一些人来说,我会说,这是一个好主意,但其他人,难说。这时一个非常有趣的话题。这本书的名字是《代表:女性竞选公职并改变世界的指南》。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
poster ['pəustə]

想一想再看

n. 海报,装饰画

联想记忆
turkey ['tə:ki]

想一想再看

n. 土耳其
turkey
n. 火

联想记忆
encourage [in'kʌridʒ]

想一想再看

vt. 鼓励,促进,支持

联想记忆
sterile ['sterail]

想一想再看

adj. 贫瘠的,无生气的,无生育能力的,无结果的,无菌

 
utter ['ʌtə]

想一想再看

adj. 全然的,绝对,完全
v. 发出,作声

联想记忆
foresight ['fɔ:sait]

想一想再看

n. 远见,深谋远虑

 
drenched [drentʃd]

想一想再看

adj. 湿透的 动词drench的过去式和过去分词形式

 
stance [stæns]

想一想再看

n. 准备击球姿势,站姿,踏脚处,位置

 
context ['kɔntekst]

想一想再看

n. 上下文,环境,背景

联想记忆
identify [ai'dentifai]

想一想再看

vt. 识别,认明,鉴定
vi. 认同,感同身

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。