手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学探秘之旅 > 正文

女生不宜主动求婚

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey, everyone, its Laci Green and this is dNews, a new series that we are kicking off.

大家好,我是Laci Green,欢迎大家收看本期dNews视频,这是我们打造的一栏新节目。
I have a special video for those of you coming over from my Sex Plus Show.
对于那些从我以前的《性+》栏目过来的老铁们,我给你们准备了一期特别节目。
It's a topic I hope you will like.
希望你们会喜欢这个话题。
you guys know I feel kind of weird about marriage.
你们知道的,我是觉得婚姻有点儿奇怪的。
I think it's one of those rituals in society that we get very neurotic about.
在我看来,它就是我们人类社会那些神经质的仪式之一。
We have very specific ideas about how it all needs to go down,
有关婚姻的一丝一毫,我们都有非常细致的打算,
and if it doesn't, oh man, there's gonna be hell to pay.
如果没有朝着那些方向发展,哇哦,那就得付出惨痛的代价。
Bridezilla, anybody?
新娘斯拉,大家还有印象吗?
There was a study that came out this week,
就在本周,有一项研究
surveying some UC Santa Cruz undergrads about marriage proposals and whose job that should be?
问了加州大学圣克鲁斯分校的一些本科生有关求婚以及求婚这项工作应该谁来做的问题。
Two-thirds of the students both male and female said they definitely want the man to propose,
有2/3的男女学生表示,他们希望男方求婚,
Only 2.8 percent of women said they kind of want to propose,
只有2.8%的女性表示她们有那么一点儿想向男方求婚,
And not a single person, that's zero, out of two hundred and seventy-seven wanted a woman to propose.
然而,在277个受访的学生中,没有一个人喜欢求婚的是女方。
When asked why, some of the guys were like I'll feel emasculated
当被问到原因时,有些人觉得那样会显得男生没有男子气概,
And one of the women said that female proposals would be very awkward and I totally agree.
还有一位女士说女性求婚会很尴尬,我完全同意。
But I also think the whole thing is pretty awkward when you think about it,
但我还觉得,求婚这整个事情都是很尴尬的,想想你就知道了,
especially the big public ones, it's like you're being held hostage or something.
尤其是在大庭广众之下,就像你被挟持了一样。
Will you marry me?
你愿意嫁给我吗?
Oh, by the way, don't say no right now, cuz that'll make all these people watching feel real uncomfortable.
哦,顺便说一句,请不要马上拒绝我,因为那样会让在看的所有观众感到很不舒服。
Maybe I'm a weirdo, exactly I almost certainly am,
也许我是个怪人,我差不多就是个怪人,
but is it so strange to just totally agree to marry, like keep them together for five years,
但是,比方说,两个人在一起生活了五年,
you're having dinner and your partners gives you the last slice pizza.
你正在吃饭,你的另一半把最后一片披萨让给了你。
And you're like, hey we've got something here.
你突然觉得,时候到了,这样的求婚桥段很奇怪么?
Another issue examined in this study is the name changing thing.
这项研究还提到了另一个问题,那就是改名。
People are actually a little less passionate about maintaining tradition when it comes to last names.
在改姓这件事上,人们其实已经没有以前那么执着了。
In this study, three-fifths of the students prefer the traditional arrangement of the woman giving up her last name.
在这项研究中,有3/5的学生表示愿意遵循女性放弃原来的姓这一传统。
Those who want to keep their own name said that they thought it was more appropriate for a job,
而那些希望保留自己的姓的人群要么表示他们觉得女性婚后保留原姓有利于事业,
or that it was part of their personal identity, or some said that they thought it was sexist.
要么觉得姓是他们个人身份的一部分,还有一些人觉得让女性改姓也是一种性别歧视。
When the researchers asked those in favor, why do you want to change your name?
当研究人员问起那些支持改姓的人为什么想改时,
About a third of women that it symbolizes unity.
约有1/3的女性认为这一做法象征着团结。

1

It helps form a family identity and it's nice for everyone to have matching names.

有助于家庭身份的形成,每个人都有匹配的名字也是件好事。
Which I also agree and that's why everyone in my family is gonna take my last name.
这我也同意,这也是为什么我家里的每个人都要用我的姓的缘故。
Another third of the female participants wanted to give up their last name because of gender roles.
还有三分之一的受访女性是出于性别角色的原因想放弃自己的姓。
One woman explained it's a tradition and that's how things were done and I guess that's kind of true.
一位女士解释说这是一种传统,以前就是这么过来的,她说的也对。
But we could say that about a lot of things right?
但是,很多事情我们都能这么说对吧?
Marriage itself started as an exchange of property.
婚姻原本是一种财产交换的方式。
Women couldn't own land or ask for a divorce and they could be legally beaten by their husbands.
女性不能拥有土地,也不能要求离婚,还可以被丈夫合法殴打。
That's how things were done.
以前就是这么过来的啊。
Your own mom wasn't allowed to open a bank account in the 70s without permission from your dad.
在70年代,没有你爸爸的允许,你妈妈是不允许开银行账户的。
That's also how things were done now.
就是这么过来的啊。
Now, don't get me wrong, I totally think people should make whatever choices they want about their marriage,
请别误解我的意思,我是完全认同大家想怎么决定自己的婚姻就怎么决定,
whoever you want to propose or whatever name you want to use, wonderful, really!
想跟谁求婚就跟谁求,想用谁的姓就用谁的姓,很棒,真的!
But I do think that when we asked why we feel this way about multi-layered social issues like marriage,
但我确实觉得,当我们被问及为什么对婚姻以及其他多层次的社会问题持这类看法时,
I find an answer like "that's just how things are done" a little disappointing.
我发现,“就是这么过来的呀”这样的答案有点令人失望。
It's a little jab the heart.
还有点扎心。
So there's a lot of interesting stuff going on here in the study
上面提到的那个研究还有很多有意思的点,
and I'd love to know Newly blossom in dnews audience how do you feel about marriage proposals?
我想知道我们栏目的新粉们,你们对求婚是什么看法?
Do you want to stick with tradition or do you have other plans?
你是想坚持传统呢,还是另有打算呢?
Let me know in the comments and we will be back with another video for you tomorrow, we'll see you then.
快来评论中告诉我们吧,我们明天还会接着更新,那就明天见啦。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
specific [spi'sifik]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的
n. 特

联想记忆
identity [ai'dentiti]

想一想再看

n. 身份,一致,特征

 
blossom ['blɔsəm]

想一想再看

n. 花,开花,全盛期
vi. 开花,成长

 
slice [slais]

想一想再看

n. 薄片,切片
vt. 切成薄片,削

 
awkward ['ɔ:kwəd]

想一想再看

adj. 笨拙的,尴尬的,(设计)别扭的

 
passionate ['pæʃənit]

想一想再看

adj. 热情的,易怒的,激情的

联想记忆
stick [stik]

想一想再看

n. 枝,杆,手杖
vt. 插于,刺入,竖起<

 
appropriate [ə'prəupriət]

想一想再看

adj. 适当的,相称的
vt. 拨出(款项)

联想记忆
traditional [trə'diʃənəl]

想一想再看

adj. 传统的

 
issue ['iʃju:]

想一想再看

n. 发行物,期刊号,争论点
vi. & vt

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。