手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

星际之门的蓝洞(下)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Once the gear is down, we start suiting up for the dive.

起落架放下后,我们就开始准备潜水。
It has been a lot of work to get this far, and I can't wait to see what Stargate has to show us!
要走到这一步,我已经做了很多工作,我迫不及待地想看看星际之门要给我们展现些什么!
So, you are going to demonstrate the proper technique to throw yourself off this cliff and survive.
所以,你要展示正确的技巧,让自己从悬崖上跳下去后能幸存。
Survive the near death-defying height.
能够从这个无视死亡的高度生存。
I will try!
我会努力的!
Did he survive?
他活下来了吗?
Yeah!
是的!
He's alive!
他还活着!
After Jeff shows us how it's done, Todd goes next.
杰夫告诉我们怎么做后,托德接着跳了下去。
Woo hoo!
呜呼!
Nicely done!
干得漂亮!
OK, here comes the camera!
好的,摄像机来了!
Lowering my expensive underwater camera and lighting system down into the water with a rope makes me a little nervous.
用绳子把我那昂贵的水下摄像机和照明系统放入水中,这让我有点紧张。
After Todd grabs my camera for me, it's my turn to jump in.
托德帮我拿好摄像机后,轮到我跳了。
I'm a little excited and a little nervous, but there's no turning back now.
我有点兴奋,又有点紧张,但现在没有回头路了。
It's actually pretty fun, but I'm not sure how we get back out!
这真的很有趣,但我不知道我们要怎么回来!
Cameraman Tim joins us and we start heading down through the greenish water.
摄影师蒂姆加入我们,我们开始潜着绿色的水向下游去。
Jeff leads us down into the weird, swirly halocline, a layer where the fresh water at the surface mixes with the salt water below.
杰夫带我们进入一个奇怪的漩涡状盐跃层,表层的淡水和底层的盐水混合在一起。
Jeff points out ancient coral, clearly identifiable.
杰夫指着古老的珊瑚,它们清晰可辨。
This is the stuff that makes up most of the limestone of the island.
这是构成岛上大部分石灰岩的物质。
As I examine the limestone carefully, I can clearly see Star coral….and Brain coral.
我仔细检查石灰岩时,能清楚地看到星状和脑状珊瑚。
The overhanging walls of the cavern are covered in flowstone and stalactites.
洞穴的悬壁上覆盖着流石和钟乳石。
Todd backlights a stalactite to show its shape.
托德用背光照着一块钟乳石,显露出它的形状。
Flowstone is a type of formation formed by flowing water in a dry cave, leaving behind delicate limestone formations that look like molten wax on the side of a candle.
流石是一种在干燥的洞穴中由流动的水形成的地层,留下了看起来像蜡烛一侧融化的蜡油一样精致的石灰岩地层。
This formation took thousands of years to form.
这种阵型要花几千年才能形成。
We follow Jeff into a crack in the wall at about 80 feet.
我们跟随杰夫来到大约80英尺深的壁缝里。
As we go deeper, the water gets clearer and clearer.
我们越潜越深,水也变得更清澈。
There is a safety line for us to follow if we need it.
如果需要的话,我们有一条安全线可以跟随。
It points the way out if we get lost or lose our lights.
如果我们迷路或把灯丢了的话,它能指明出去的路。
Todd is swimming ahead of me, lighting up the cave with powerful LED lights.
托德在我前面游泳,用大功率的LED灯照亮了山洞。
Looking down, I can see the bottom of the cave at 100 feet but as we progress down this narrow passageway, the bottom is dropping out of sight.
往下看,我能看到100英尺深的洞穴底部,但当我们沿着这条狭窄的通道向下潜时,底部已经看不见了。
It drops to 200 feet, way too deep for us today.
潜到200英尺深,对我们今天来说太深了。
We stay near the top of the passageway to keep as shallow as possible.
我们停留在通道的顶部,以尽可能地保持在较浅的范围。
The walls of the cave are decorated in all directions with beautiful and delicate flowstone.
洞壁的四面都装饰着美丽精致的流石。
The whole place looks like an ornately decorated wedding cake covered in frosting!
整个地方看起来像一个装饰华丽的覆盖糖霜的婚礼蛋糕!
It's hard to believe that during the last ice age, when sea levels were much lower, this massive chasm was dry and filled with air.
很难相信,在上一个冰河时期,当海平面比现在低得多的时候,这个巨大的裂口是干燥的,还充满了空气。
Dripping water from rain up above made all these fantastic decorations.
雨水滴落在上面,构成了所有这些奇妙的装饰。
Todd stops to point out a huge flowstone formation.
托德停下来指着一块巨大的流石状物。
I've never seen anything like it!
我从没见过这样的东西!
Everywhere I look, my jaw drops and I am actually having a hard time knowing where to point my camera.
无论我看向哪,都会感到惊叹,我真的不知道该把摄像机朝向哪里拍。

1.png

Next we swim into a huge space where the walls bow outward.

接着,我们游进一个巨大的空间,那里的壁面向外弯曲。
The water is so clear that the divers look astronauts hovering in space.
水非常清澈,这让潜水员看起来像是在太空中盘旋的宇航员。
Only their bubbles betray the presence of water.
只有吐出的泡泡表明他们是在水中。
Remember that crack in the ground up above?
还记得地上的裂缝吗?
Well right now our dive team is about 120 feet directly underneath it.
现在,我们的潜水队就在它的正下方120英尺处的地方。
That tiny little fault line I stood across opens up into this massive submerged chasm!
我刚才站的那条细小的断层线处,在水下裂成如此巨大的裂口!
Soon we approach the end of the tunnel.
我们很快就来到隧道的尽头。
We reach a place where rocks have fallen in and blocked the passageway.
我们现在所处的地方,有岩石掉进来过,堵住了通道。
This is where we turn around and head back.
这是我们转身返回的地方。
As we head back, the water is filled with sinking particles dislodged from the ceiling by our rising bubbles on the way in.
当我们往回游时,水里充满了沉降颗粒,这些颗粒是我们去时,那些上升的气泡从洞顶移除的。
This is an excellent time to concentrate on filming close-ups of the delicate formations
这是一个集中拍摄微妙阵型特写镜头的绝佳时机。
on the wall, such as these exquisite stalactites that look like icicles of stone.
在墙壁上,这些精美的钟乳石,看起来像石头的冰柱。
Jeff points out an incredible flowstone formation that Todd helps me film using his lights.
杰夫指着一个令人难以置信的飞石阵型,托德在我拍摄时帮我打光。
This formation is so thin, that light passes through it like a lampshade.
这种阵型非常薄,光线像穿过灯罩一样透过了它。
Have you ever seen a rock so thin that light passes through it?
你见过这么薄的岩石吗,光线都能穿过它。
Well now you have!
现在你见过了吧!
Because it's thin, it's very fragile.
因为它很薄,所以很脆弱。
Todd is careful not to actually touch it.
托德很小心,不去碰它。
That is cool!
太酷了!
Soon we reach the entrance, and make our way out of the fault and back into the cavern, where the water is green.
我们不久就来到入口处,走出断层,回到洞穴里,那里的水是绿色的。
We ascend slowly back up through the swirly halocline.
我们慢慢地通过漩涡状的盐跃层游上来了。
We stop at 20 feet where we must undergo 15 minutes of decompression before we can surface.
我们在20英尺深的地方停下来,在浮出水面前必须进行15分钟的减压活动。
Daylight is tantalizingly close.
离日光越来越近。
At last, we surface, thrilled with an amazing dive.
最后,我们浮出水面,为这次令人惊叹的潜水感到激动不已。
And now, all our gear has to be hauled up on the rope.
现在,我们要把所有装备都用绳子拉上来。
Getting ourselves out of the water is another trick altogether.
要上岸是另外一项技能。
That was one of the most amazing dives of my entire life.
这是我一生中最让我惊奇的一次潜水。
But unfortunately now I have to climb this to get out of the water.
但遗憾的是,现在我必须爬上这个才能上岸。
A wooden pallet and a thin rope holding it in place comprise my ladder to freedom.
一个木制平台和一根细绳把它固定住,组成了我通向自由的梯子。
I just hope this rickety contraption doesn't break!
我只是希望这个摇摇晃晃的玩意不会坏!
All right, here we go.
好吧,给你。
This isn't too bad.
这还不算太糟。
I'll just climb out.
我要爬出去了。
That has got to be the most work I have ever done for a dive.
这一定是我在一次潜水中做的工作最多的一次。
But it was so worth it.
但这个经历超值。
It was totally worth it.
太值了。
So, the Blue World team spent the whole day hauling gear by airplane, truck and foot to reach this remote hole in the ground.
《蓝色世界》的团队花了一整天的时间,乘坐飞机和货车,还有步行拖运装备,到达这个遥远的地洞。
It doesn't seem all that special from the surface, but the dive showed me an incredible world of delicate flowstone formations inside a massive chasm filled with crystal clear water.
表面上看没什么特别之处,但这次潜水让我看到了一个精美到让人难以置信的流石阵型的世界,它隐藏在一个巨大的裂缝里,这个裂缝里充满了清澈的洞水。
Quite simply: magnificent!
简单地说就是好神奇!
Every time I think I have seen it all, I see something new like this and realize there is a lot more to discover in the Blue World.
每次当我想到自己见过了各种景象时,就能看到一些全新的事物,这让我意识到在蓝色海洋世界里还有很多东西等着我去发现。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
woo [wu:]

想一想再看

v. 向 ... 求爱,追求,恳求

联想记忆
bow [bau]

想一想再看

n. 弓
n. 鞠躬,蝴蝶结,船头

 
crystal ['kristl]

想一想再看

n. 水晶,晶体
adj. 晶体的,透明的

 
tunnel ['tʌnl]

想一想再看

n. 隧道,地道
v. 挖隧道,挖地道

联想记忆
concentrate ['kɔnsntreit]

想一想再看

v. 集中,专心,浓缩
n. 浓缩物

联想记忆
technique [tek'ni:k]

想一想再看

n. 技术,技巧,技能

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
limestone ['laimstəun]

想一想再看

n. 石灰石

 
ladder ['lædə]

想一想再看

n. 梯子,阶梯,梯状物
n. (袜子)

 
fantastic [fæn'tæstik]

想一想再看

adj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 入侵物种——斑马贻贝(下) 2019-10-18
  • 星际之门的蓝洞(上) 2019-10-24
  • 海绵动物(上) 2019-10-31
  • 海绵动物(下) 2019-11-01
  • 鲨鱼捕食之夜(上) 2019-11-08
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。