手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > Emma的美味英语 > 正文

第9期:和食物有关的习语

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hello! I'm Emma from mmmEnglish!

你好!我是来自mmmEnglish的Emma !
And in this video I'm going to show you how to use my
在这个视频中,我将向你展示如何使用
favorite English food idioms.
我最喜欢的英语食物习语。
English idioms are a piece of cake!
英语习语是小菜一碟!
Now, if you don't know what English idioms are,
现在,如果你不知道英语习语是什么,
they're expressions in English that are really commonly used,
它们是英语中非常常用的表达,
or lots of them are really commonly used!
或者很多是非常常用的!
But, the individual meaning of each word,
但是,每个单词的意思,
each word on their own, is different
每个单词本身都是不同的
to the meaning of the expression when all of these words are together.
当所有这些词在一起时,表达的意义。
So this expression means that something is easy or simple to do.
所以这个表达的意思是某件事很容易或很简单。
I'm confident I passed the exam,
我很自信我通过了考试,
It was a piece of cake!
那是小菜一碟!
Now there are hundreds and hundreds of English idioms,
现在有成百上千的英语习语,
so trying to learn them all is a pretty overwhelming task, isn't it?
所以想要全部学会是一项非常艰巨的任务,不是吗?
Even just knowing which ones to focus on!
即使只是知道哪些是重点!
Which ones to try and learn and which ones to use?!
哪些是需要尝试和学习的,哪些是需要使用的?
Some idioms are commonly used and others are not.
有些习语常用,有些则不常用。
So my advice to you when you're learning idioms
所以我的建议是当你学习习语的时候
is not to use a huge long list
不要用一张长长的清单
of hundreds and hundreds of idioms.
列出成千上万的习语。
In this lesson, I'm going to share with you a few idioms that
在这节课中,我将和你分享一些成语
I use all the time- almost every day!
我几乎每天都在使用它!
And all of these idioms are to do with food!
所有这些习语都和食物有关!
Ready? Let's try them out!
准备好了吗?让我们试试吧!
To put all of your eggs in one basket.
把所有的鸡蛋放在一个篮子里。
Now this idiom is used to describe when you risk
现在这个习语用来形容你
everything at once
一次冒着一切风险
and it usually relates
它通常与
to money or opportunity
金钱、机会
or hopes for the future
或对未来的希望有关
and it's based on the idea that if you drop the basket
它是基于这样一种想法:
that's full of eggs, you'll lose everything!
如果你把装满鸡蛋的篮子扔了,你就会失去一切!
Perhaps it's a better idea to put your eggs in a few different baskets!
也许把鸡蛋放在几个不同的篮子里是一个更好的主意!
so that if you drop one, you'll still have some others!
所以如果你掉了一个,你还会有其他的!
For example.
例如
While my brother trained to be a professional footballer,
我哥哥在接受职业足球运动员训练的同时,
he also studied a degree in engineering
还攻读了工程学学位

food idiom.jpg

Because my dad told him not to put all of his eggs in one basket.

因为我爸爸告诉他不要把所有的鸡蛋放在一个篮子里。
Or, my uncle invested all of his savings into a company that went bankrupt.
或者,我叔叔把他所有的积蓄投资到一家破产的公司。
I don't know why he put all of his eggs in one basket.
我不知道他为什么把所有的鸡蛋放在一个篮子里。
To be in a pickle.
陷入困境
We use this idiom when we're in a difficult situation or we have a problem!
当我们处于困境或遇到问题时,我们会用这个习语。
And it's often said to be in a bit of a pickle.
人们常说它有点麻烦。
Especially when it's not a serious problem,
尤其是当它不是一个严重的问题时,
and you want to make it seem less serious than it really is.
你想让它看起来不那么严重。
I'm in a bit of a pickle.
我有点为难。
For example,
例如,
We're in a pickle..
我们陷入困境…
We've just locked the keys in the car!
我们刚把钥匙锁在车里了!
Or, I promised to pick up my sister from the airport,
或者我答应去机场接我妹妹
but I'm still at work and I can't leave yet!
但是我还在工作,我还不能离开!
I'm in a bit of a pickle, can you help?
我有点为难,你能帮忙吗?
To bite off more than one can chew.
贪多嚼不烂。
This is one of my favourite ones!
这是我最喜欢的一个!
It's when you try to do something that is too difficult
当你尝试做一些对你来说太难的事情时
for you and you're not able to do it. Maybe you don't have the skills
你没有足够的能力完成它。也许你没有技能
or you don't have the time to make sure that you can do it.
或者你没有时间来确保你可以做到。
For example,
例如,
He's been working back late every night this week trying to finish the project.
这个星期他每天都工作到很晚,试图完成这个项目。
I think he's bitten off more than he can chew.
我认为他是贪多嚼不烂。
Or, I'm so sorry!
或者,我很抱歉!
I haven't got time to meet you for lunch today.
我今天没时间和你一起吃午饭。
I'm organising my sister's surprise party, and I've bitten off more than I can chew!
我要组织我姐姐的惊喜派对,已经超出能力范围了!
There's so much to do!
有很多事情要做
Another good one!
看另一个好习语!
To butter someone up.
拍某人的马屁。
Now this idiom means that you be really nice or
这个习语的意思是你
friendly to someone
对某人非常友好
so that you can get something from them,
这样你就能从他们那里得到一些东西,
you want them to do something for you.
你希望他们为你做点什么。
so you're very nice to them, you're buttering them up!
所以你对他们很好,你在奉承他们!
Have you ever cooked your mum
你曾经为你的妈妈
a really nice meal or maybe taken her out for dinner…
做过一顿非常美味的饭或者带她出去吃过饭吗?
And then asked her if you could borrow some money?!!
然后问她你能借点钱吗?!!
Then, you've buttered her up!
那么,你是奉承她了!
Here are some more examples,
那么,你是奉承她了!
I know that Paul has a spare ticket to the concert
我知道保罗有一张音乐会的多余票
perhaps if we butter him up, he might offer it to us!
如果我们奉承他,他也许会把它给我们!
Or, he'll have to butter his boss up if he wants to take extra leave at Christmas.
或者,如果他想在圣诞节休假,他就得拍老板的马屁。
In a nutshell.
简而言之。
Now this idiom is used to show that you're talking about something
现在这个习语用来表示你在谈论某事
or describing something in a really simple way.
或者用非常简单的方式描述某事。
You're not using many words. You're trying to be as clear and as simple as possible.
不用很多词。你要尽可能的清晰和简单。
For example, your friend asked you about
例如,你的朋友问你
a movie that you saw on the weekend and you answer:
周末看的电影,你回答说:
Well... it's a complicated story, but in a nutshell,
嗯…这是一个复杂的故事,但简而言之,
it's about three astronauts who disappear for about 30 years
它讲述了三名宇航员消失了大约30年
before returning to Earth with no memory of anything that had happened!
之后返回地球,对发生的任何事情都没有任何记忆!
Another example, I don't want to explain their whole history,
另一个例子,我不想解释他们的整个历史,
but in a nutshell, they just wanted different things out of life.
但简而言之,他们只是想从生活中得到不同的东西。
She wanted travel and adventure, he wanted to focus on his career.
她想要旅行和冒险,他想要专注于他的事业。
So in the end they broke up.
最后他们分手了。
It's really sad.
真的很难过。
So they are my favourite English food idioms!
所以它们是我最喜欢的英语食物习语!
I hope that you learned a couple of new ones and maybe
我希望你能学到一些新的,也许
you were reminded about some that you already knew.
你会想起一些你已经知道的事情。
Do you know any other English food idioms?
你还知道其他的英语食物习语吗?
Share them in the comments below, I'd love to hear from you!
在下面的评论中分享它们吧,我很想听听你的意见!
Remember to subscribe to my channel if you haven't already
如果你还没看过,记得订阅我的频道
so that you can keep up-to-date with all of my new lessons!
这样你就可以跟上我所有的新课程!
You can also find me on Facebook and check out my website at mmmenglish.com for online courses
你也可以在Facebook上找到我,在mmmenglish.com上查看我的网站上的在线课程
and other information.
和其他信息。
I hope that you enjoyed this lesson and I will see you next time!
希望大家喜欢这堂课,下次再见!
Bye for now!
再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
chew [tʃu:]

想一想再看

vt. 咀嚼,嚼碎,损坏
vi. 咀嚼

 
spare [spɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的
v.

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
describe [dis'kraib]

想一想再看

vt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成

联想记忆
professional [prə'feʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 职业的,专业的,专门的
n. 专业人

 
adventure [əd'ventʃə]

想一想再看

n. 冒险,奇遇
vt. 冒险,尝试

联想记忆
bankrupt ['bæŋkrʌpt]

想一想再看

adj. 破产的,贫穷的,道德败坏的,枯竭的

联想记忆
channel ['tʃænl]

想一想再看

n. 通道,频道,(消息)渠道,海峡,方法
v

联想记忆
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。