手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 沃克斯独立观点 > 正文

网约车与出租车小费之争(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

So imagine you're wrapping up a night out.

想象一下,你在外面已经嗨了一晚上了。
You're ready to head home, but driving isn't an option, and you don't want to wait for public transit.
此时此刻,你准备回家了,但你没法开车,又不想等公共交通。
So you use your phone and you fire up Uber, or Lyft, or whatever ride-hailing app floats your boat.
于是,你拿出手机,点开优步(Uber)或来福车(Lyft)或随便哪个你觉得顺手的打车软件。
20 minutes later you're faced with this screen.
20分钟后,你的手机会弹出这样一个页面。
Do you tip your driver or not?
给不给网约车司机小费?
"No." "Sometimes." "Sometimes."
“不给”。“有时给”。“有时给”。
"I can't tell you the last time I tipped an Uber or Lyft."
“我已经不记得上次给优步或来福车师傅消费是什么时候了。”
"Sometimes I'll do it. Sometimes I won't."
“有时给。有时不给。”
"I should tip."
“我觉得我应该给。”
"I tip every single ride."
“每次都会给。”
"Wow."
“哇。”
"Aren't we just like, much better than me."
“比我强多了哎。”
Tipping etiquette on ride-hailing apps is totally unclear.
网约车软件对小费没有任何清晰的规定。
So riders are all over the place with how they're tipping.
所以,给不给网约车司机消费,大家对这个问题各执一词。
Turns out, only about 35% of riders tip consistently.
事实表明,只有35%的乘客会每次都给小费。
"When I talk to drivers, tipping is definitely a big deal for them.
“我和网约车师傅聊过,小费对他们来说还挺关键的。
It's something that's on their minds, and it can make or break a ride for them."
他们会想这个问题,拉一趟究竟是赚是赔就看小费了”。
This is Shirin Ghaffary.
这位是希林·加法里。
"I write about tech and labor."
“我写有关技术和劳动力的文章。”
App-based drivers and cab drivers perform a very similar service.
网约车司机和出租车司机提供的服务基本是一样的。
But riders in the US pretty consistently agree: cab drivers should be tipped.
但美国的乘客一致认为:应该给出租车司机小费。
"I would never walk out of a cab without tipping the driver."
“没给出租车司机小费,我是绝不会下车的。”
"I instinctively tip the cab driver."
“我会本能地给出租车司机小费。”
So what's going on here?
所以,这究竟是怎么回事呢?
Why is there so much confusion around whether you should tip on apps like Uber or Lyft?
为什么大家对给不给网约车司机消费这个事这么迷惑呢?
This split, between how riders tip cab drivers versus app-based drivers, can be traced back to the origins of Uber:
这一差异,也即乘客给出租车司机小费却不给网约车司机小费这一差异,可以追溯到
the company that made smartphone ride-hailing a thing in the first place.
把用手机叫车推到了乘客的首要之选的位置的公司——优步的起源上。

2

"Uber definitely wasn't the first ride-hailing app,

“优步绝对不是出现地最早的打车软件,
but it was the one that scaled the most quickly, and became a household name the most quickly."
但它却是扩张最快,成名也最快的那个。”
By 2015, Uber accounted for over 90% of all app-based rides.
到2015年,优步就已经拿下了打车服务90%以上的订单。
"Uber set the standard in terms of what's the right driver-rider courtesy."
“网约车行业的司机-乘客礼仪的标准也是优步订立的。”
And for years, Uber set the standard that what's right is not tipping your driver.
多年来,关于给不给小费,优步设定的标准就是不给。
From the moment Uber entered the market in 2009, there wasn't even an option to tip in the app.
从2009年优步进入市场那时起,它的app里就没有打赏这个选项。
Over the next few years, the company told curious customers over Twitter
接下来的几年里,该公司不时地在推特上回复那些好奇的乘客,
that a 20% tip was already built in to the fare and that there was no need for riders to tip.
说他们的车费里已经包含了20%的小费,乘客没有必要再额外给司机小费。
Uber also told riders that its drivers take home the majority of the fare.
他们还告诉乘客,小费的大部分最后都分给司机了。
"I thought that Uber and Lyft were just like showering their drivers with money so that you didn't have to tip."
“我以为,优步或来福车给司机的分成挺高的,我们就不用给小费了。”
"I've always thought that the tip was built into the cost."
“我一直都以为车费已经包含小费了。”
Uber's messaging around tipping had a huge impact.
针对小费,优步所传递的信息产生了重大的影响。
Even as other ride-hailing apps joined the market with tipping built right into the app,
尽管其他打车软件内置了打赏功能,
riders still saw these services as something that didn't require a tip.
乘客仍然认为这些服务不需要小费。
Still, for a time, even though app-based drivers weren't making much in tips,
不过,曾经有段时间,即便网约车司机挣的小费不多,
their pay was pretty good and more importantly, stable.
他们的收入还是相当不错的,更重要的是,稳定。
This chart shows what app-based drivers made between 2012 and 2014.
这张图显示的是2012~2014年间网约车司机的收入。
Even though it goes up and down, it basically hovers around $1500 a month.
尽管价格时涨时跌,但他们的月薪基本都在1500美元上下浮动。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
confusion [kən'fju:ʒən]

想一想再看

n. 混乱,混淆,不确定状态

联想记忆
stable ['steibl]

想一想再看

adj. 稳定的,安定的,可靠的
n. 马厩,

联想记忆
fare [fɛə]

想一想再看

n. 路费,食物
vi. 过活,进展,进食

联想记忆
unclear

想一想再看

adj. 不清楚的;不易了解的

 
perform [pə'fɔ:m]

想一想再看

v. 执行,运转,举行,表演

联想记忆
split [split]

想一想再看

n. 劈开,裂片,裂口
adj. 分散的

 
courtesy ['kə:tisi]

想一想再看

n. 礼貌,好意,恩惠

 
screen [skri:n]

想一想再看

n. 屏,幕,银幕,屏风
v. 放映,选拔,掩

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 
impact ['impækt,im'pækt]

想一想再看

n. 冲击(力), 冲突,影响(力)
vt.

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。