手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 沃克斯独立观点 > 正文

网约车与出租车小费之争(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

But that didn't last.

问题是,这种情况并没有持续多久。
As the ride-hailing market got more crowded,
随着网约车市场日趋饱和,
Uber and its competitors started to lower their fares to stay competitive.
优步及其竞争对手纷纷开始通过降低车费来维持竞争力。
"There's been many reports that Uber drivers' pay has been going down over the years.
“有很多报道称,近年来优步司机的工资一直在缩水。
Uber's saying that its commission is 25%,
优步称,他们的抽成比例为25%,
but there are some reports showing that it actually may be as high as 40 percent.
但有报道称,有时他们抽取的佣金比例高达40%。
And in some cases, they're actually lowering the rate that they give drivers per mile."
有时,他们还会扣每英里给司机的分成。”
After 2014, app-based driver's pay dropped dramatically.
从2014年起,网约车司机的工资开始大幅缩水。
And by 2018, drivers were making nearly half what they were making just six years before.
到2018年,他们的收入几乎已经缩减到了6年前收入的一半。
"You started to hear drivers get more and more disgruntled.
“你会开始听到司机们越来越不满意的抱怨。
You saw this sort of community form of drivers who felt like these companies may be ripping them off
很多师傅都觉得他们被平台坑了,
for not giving them their fair share and the lack of tip became a real problem
觉得平台给他们的分成太少,没有小费这个问题也就变成了一个非常严重的问题,
because the amount of money that Uber drivers were getting was comparable to how much to be getting in a cab where most people would tip."
因为优步司机分到的钱跟出租车司机的钱差不多,但大多数乘客都会给出租车司机小费。
To make matters worse for drivers,
更糟糕的是,
the reasons Uber had given for not including tipping in its app, those turned out to be not entirely true.
优步所说的不给小费的理由其实并不完全准确。
"Uber had said that tipping is included in our bill.
“优步说过,小费已经包含在我们的车费里了。
That was sort of debunked and actually some people ended up suing Uber over that claim in part and they ended up settling."
但被揭穿了,事实上,有人还因为这个说法把优步给告了,优步才跟他们解决这个问题。”
Finally, drivers' dissatisfaction reached a turning point.
最后,司机的不满情绪到了一个转折点。
"I lost 97,000 dollars because of you.
“因为你我已经损失了9.7万美元。
I'm bankrupt because of you."
我破产也是因为你。”
"In 2017, Uber's then-CEO Travis Kalanick gets in an Uber and as he's leaving the driver brings up driver pay to Travis.
2017年,优步当时的CEO特拉维斯·卡兰尼克上了一辆优步,就在他准备下车的时候,司机跟他聊起了优步司机的工资问题。
"You're raising the standards and you're dropping prices."
“你把标准提高了,车费却越调越低了。”

我我

"We have to, we have competitors.

“我们也没办法,竞争实在太激烈了。
Otherwise we'd go out of business."
不然就得倒闭啊。”
"And Travis sort of starts to blame the driver."
“特拉维斯开始甩锅给司机了。”
"You know what?" "What?"
“你知道嘛?”“什么?”
"Some people don't like to take responsibility for their own s***."
“有些人就只管拉屎不管埋。”
"Definitely it was an inflection point because it made the company look like it didn't care about its drivers.
“二人的对话无疑成了网约车司机小费问题的一个转折点,因为二人的对话让人觉得优步根本就不在乎他们的司机。
And I think when you have that hand-in-hand with this no tipping policy, it was not a good look for Uber."
我觉得,把二人的对话和优步不给小费的政策对照起来看的话,优步的脸面就不是很好看了。”
Several months after this video, Uber finally added a tipping option to to its app.
这段视频发布的几个月后,优步终于在他们的软件里新增了打赏功能。
But that wasn't enough to change the pervasive no-tip culture the company had already built.
问题是,这并不足以改变被他们培养起来的,现如今已经非常普遍的无小费文化了。
"I always tip cab drivers but I don't always tip Uber drivers."
“我经常都有给出租车司机小费,但我很少给优步司机小费。”
"I didn't know people tipped."
“我不知道有人给哎。”
"Really? I thought everyone tipped."
“真的吗?我以为每个人都会给啊。”
So should you tip your Uber driver?
那么,你应该给你的网约车司机小费吗?
Well, that's still up to you.
这个还是要看你自己啦。
But just keep in mind, just like cab drivers, app-based drivers do not automatically get tipped.
但请记住,和出租车司机一样,网约车司机也不会自动拿到小费。
And if you tip in a cab, you should probably be doing the same for app-based rides.
如果你会给出租车司机小费,或许,网约车司机便不应受到区别对待。
Reconsidering how we tip isn't going to fix the larger problems with the ride-hailing industry,
重新审视我们是怎么给小费的这一问题并不能解决网约车行业更为重大的问题,
but it's still a good thing to do.
但仍然算得上是一件好事。
"I will say that the gig economy is tough. It's a tough gig.
“我想说,当下的零工经济发展得很艰难。真的很艰难。
So, anything you can do to reward people for good work, I think, is nice."
所以,凡是回馈努力工作的人的行为都挺好的。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
comparable ['kɔmpərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可比较的,比得上的

联想记忆
pervasive [pə:'veisiv]

想一想再看

adj. 普遍的,蔓延的,渗透的

联想记忆
bankrupt ['bæŋkrʌpt]

想一想再看

adj. 破产的,贫穷的,道德败坏的,枯竭的

联想记忆
blame [bleim]

想一想再看

n. 过失,责备
vt. 把 ... 归咎于,

联想记忆
commission [kə'miʃən]

想一想再看

n. 委员会,委托,委任,佣金,犯罪
vt.

联想记忆
competitive [kəm'petitiv]

想一想再看

adj. 竞争的,比赛的

联想记忆
community [kə'mju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落

联想记忆
option ['ɔpʃən]

想一想再看

n. 选择权,可选物,优先购买权
v. 给予选

联想记忆
claim [kleim]

想一想再看

n. 要求,要求权;主张,断言,声称;要求物

 
automatically [.ɔ:tə'mætikəli]

想一想再看

adv. 自动地,机械地

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。