手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

风靡50年的爵士健美操发明者

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I grew up a dancer. I walked into that dance studio and I think even at 3, I knew it would be my life's passion.

我是跳舞长大的。我3岁就进练功房了,而且,那时候,我就知道,舞蹈将是我一生的热爱。
When I started teaching I didn't know there was a void in the fitness industry.
刚当老师那会儿,我并不知道健身行业还有这么一片空白。
I was doing my passion.
我只当是在做我自己喜欢做的事。
I love to dance. I love to share it with other people, never knowing that it would evolve into what it is today.
我喜欢跳舞。喜欢分享,但我根本没想过会发展成今天这样。
But I'm sure as heck glad it did.
但我很高兴做到了。
"Left, left, big swing, big smile."
“左脚,左脚,幅度大一点,笑开一点。”
Jazzercise has many definitions.
爵士健美操有很多种定义。
It's a dance fitness class that couples cardiovascular training, but also strength training and muscle work as well.
我的定义是,它是结合了心血管训练,力量训练和肌肉锻炼的一种舞蹈健身班。
In 1969 I was teaching a very strict jazz dance class.
1969年的时候,我教的还是正儿八经的爵士舞。
There are a lot of women in my classes and they would come and go, they didn't stay and that bugged me.
我班上有很多女同学,她们都是学一段时间就走了,都没有坚持下来,让我觉得很烦。
That's what gave me the idea to do what I did to make it fun and simple.
也是这点让我想到,我要把教学变得简单有趣。
And that caught on and then it just grew.
爵士健美操就从那时候开始流行,之后就越来越火了。
Jazzercise has become a huge community all around the world.
如今,爵士健美操已经传遍了大江南北。
We have today about 8,500 franchisees globally.
我们在世界各地已经有差不多8500家加盟商了。
It just got bigger and bigger and bigger.
而且还在继续壮大,壮大,壮大。
"Ladies and gentlemen, Judi Sheppard Missett."
女士们先生们,下面有请朱迪·谢帕德·米塞特。
When I first started teaching, there wasn't really an option for women, it was so male-dominated.
我刚当舞蹈老师那会儿,女性还没有跳舞的机会,跳舞的全部都是男性。
"You gotta put your feet about there and stretch it up. okay, now turn to somebody and say good morning. "
“脚,伸开。好了,现在转向某个人,向她问好。”
Okay...
好吧……
I don't think women really thought about coming to class as it being a fitness class.
在我看来,女性同胞并没有把这个课当健身课在上。
It was something that was fun.
而是觉得这个课很好玩儿。
They made friends, they sweat, and then they saw their body's changed.
她们能在这儿交朋友,出出汗,看到自己的身体慢慢发生了变化。
How're we doing? Wow. How're we doing? Wow.
大家感觉如何?爽。感觉如何?爽。
But it goes beyond that.
但还不止这些。
There's a real community to our classes.
我们班是一个真正的集体。
"Step back."
“退一步。”
"Jazzercise just brings everything to life.
“爵士健美操让我的生活重新焕发了生机。
It makes me physically well, it makes me mentally well.
不仅我的身体变得健康了,我的精神也变得健康了。
And besides I get to meet my friends and see all my friends."
除此之外,我还能见我的朋友,我在这儿认识了好多好多朋友。”
"I feel like this community or the family I like to you family instead.
“我喜欢这个集体,这个家庭,这儿就像家一样温暖。
Let me get some family here, like we come and we support each other."
我能在这儿找到家人,我们一起上课,一起相互鼓励。”
"I can't do without you. you know that, don't you?"
“我离不开你们的互动,你们知道的,不是吗?”
I just always wanted people to come in the door and feel good about themselves and feel like they were home.
我只是希望大家过来,在这儿能够感觉到舒服,能有觉得就像回家了一样。

1

"Yes, you just start with Abduction."

“直接放Abduction。”
"Okay, so, no introduction, just starts right off the bat."
“好吧,那就不介绍,直接开始?”
"Yes." "Okay."
“是的。”“好吧。”
When I come up with new routines, there's really a lot of different things that are mixed together to make that happen.
想到新动作的时候,其实是需要做很多工作才能把它做成一档课程的。
I will select songs, my daughter Shanna who's president of the company, will select songs, and we'll work together.
我会选歌,我的女儿莎娜,也就是公司现在的总裁,她也会选歌,我们一起弄。
"Touch, move back, elevate..."
“点地,退步,抬手……”
We videotape all that material and then it gets streamed to our franchisees everywhere all over the world.
要把这些素材录下来,然后通过流媒体传送给我们在世界各地的特许经销商。
"How about let's do Life is a Dance Floor?" "Okay, sounds good." "Okay."
“放《生活即舞台》怎么样”?“不错哎。”“好的。”
"Now give me three lunges, one, two, hold."
“现在我们走三个箭步,一,二,好。”
It takes us about ten weeks, we do 30 to 35 different routines, so it's something new every ten weeks.
一个课程差不多是10周时间,学30~35个不同的动作,所以每10周我们就会换一套动作。
"And push, push.
“推,推。”
Three lunges, one, two, hold."
“三个箭步,一,二,好。”
I love teaching. I love doing choreography. Those two things are my favorite part of what I do.
我喜欢当老师。我喜欢设计舞蹈动作。这是我最喜欢的部分。
It keeps me going forward.
也是我不断前进的动力。
I feel really lucky because Jazzercise has really enabled me to experience so many different kinds of situations.
我觉得我是很幸运的,因为爵士健美操让我拥有了各式各样的体验。
I've been able to run the Olympic torch.
我当过奥运火炬手。
We've been able to do the opening ceremonies for the 1984 Olympics, to dance in those.
我们在1984年奥运会开幕式上跳过。
We've done numerous NFL half times, NBA half times.
参加过无数次NFL半场,NBA半场的演出。
We have been able to do different kinds of presentations throughout the world.
还在世界各地做过不同类型的演讲。
I had no blueprint. I have no master plan.
我没有蓝图。也没有总体规划。
I am more than blessed to be a part of this community.
能成为这个集体的一员,我真的是太幸运了。
We're celebrating our fiftieth anniversary this year
今年是我们的五十周年,
and people always say to me, are you still teaching? why aren't you, don't you want to retire?
大家总是问我,你还负责教学吗?你为什么还没退休?你不想退休吗?
No, I'm gonna do this as long as I can walk.
不,只要我还走得动,我就会一直跳下去。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
void [vɔid]

想一想再看

adj. 空的,无效的,空虚的
n. 真空,空

 
strict [strikt]

想一想再看

adj. 严格的,精确的,完全的

 
blueprint ['blu:'print]

想一想再看

n. 蓝图,设计图,(周详的)计划
v. 制成

 
choreography [.kɔri'ɔgrəfi]

想一想再看

n. 舞蹈,舞蹈编排

联想记忆
stretch [stretʃ]

想一想再看

n. 伸展,张开
adj. 可伸缩的

 
numerous ['nju:mərəs]

想一想再看

adj. 为数众多的,许多

联想记忆
passion ['pæʃən]

想一想再看

n. 激情,酷爱

联想记忆
elevate ['eliveit]

想一想再看

vt. 举起,提拔,素养提升,鼓舞
vi. 变

联想记忆
swing [swiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 摇摆,改变,冲力
v. 摇摆,旋转,动摇

联想记忆
community [kə'mju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。