手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 沃克斯独立观点 > 正文

人脸识别偷走了你的哪些信息?(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

"So we typically think of public and private as being opposites.

“换句话说,我们通常都以为公开和私密是相对的。
But is there such a thing as having privacy when we're in public?"
那我们身处公共场合时是否还有私密性可言呢?”
"I would like to think so."
“我希望有。”
Evan Selinger is a professor of philosophy who argues that facial recognition is a threat to "obscurity,"
埃文·塞林格是一位哲学教授,他认为,人脸识别技术是对我们“不具名”权利的一种威胁,
Which is the idea that personal information is safer when it is hard to obtain or understand.
该权利主张的是个人信息在难以获取或难以理解时才更安全。
"So We have natural sort of limitations in what we can perceive and what we can hear.
“我们能感知,能听到的信息范围都有天然的局限性。
Even the human mind has a sort of basic limits in how much information it can store.
即便是人类的大脑,其能处理的信息量也是有限的。
So one of the things that technologies do is they reduce the transaction costs of being able to find information,
技术所做的就是降低搜索信息,
being able to store information, being able to share information, and being able to correctly interpret information.
储存信息,分享信息以及正确解读信息的成本。
And so facial recognition is probably the most obscurity-eviscerating technology ever invented."
所以,人脸识别可能是有史以来对我们的不具名权利威胁最大的一项技术发明。”
We don’t have to imagine how this could play out.
我们根本无需想象这种技术会带来怎样的后果。
It’s already happening with photos from the Russian social media network VK.
因为俄罗斯社交媒体网络VK上的照片就已经回答了这一问题。
Aric Toler, a journalist who covers Europe for Bellingcat,
(英国民间独立调查新闻机构)贝林卡特的欧洲站记者阿里克·托勒
showed me how it works with a random video of Russian soccer fans picking fights in Poland.
向我展示了VK是如何利用随便一段俄罗斯球迷在波兰打架的视频反向搜索出那些球迷的身份信息的。
"There's about 10 or so of these soccer hooligans in this video and for every single one of them you can find their profiles on VK.
“视频中有差不多10个足球流氓,你能在VK上找到他们所有人的资料。
OK I'll get this guy in the background.
嗯,就拿后面这哥们儿举例吧。
Let me save him.
我们先截图保存一下。
OK so here's the first result. This guy.
好了,这是搜出来的第一个结果。就是他。
So if you click the photo here it will take you directly to the photo's link.
你点一下这儿的照片,就会跳转到照片的源网页。
And here he is.
找到了。
I think he's wearing I think he's wearing the same shirt.
他穿的应该还是那件T恤。
Yeah he's wearing the same shirt even.
没错,就是那件。
This is him too.
这个也是他。
So this is probably like his buddy who uploaded a photo. Yeah.
这张照片可能是他兄弟上传的。嗯。
So this is this guy's profile and here's his buddy right here.
这应该是他,这个是他哥们儿。
Yeah so here he is during a baptism, probably."
这张可能是他在参加一场受洗仪式。”
"And the photo you uploaded is not like particularly clear or high resolution."
“就算你上传的照片不是特别清晰或分辨率不是特别高也可以是嘛。”
"No, 'not at all, right, it's just a 200 by 100.
不用,完全不用,这个也就是200×100的分辨率。
So it's kind of, it does feel weird when you do this and you have access to way more information than you should, is what it feels like.
所以当你这么做所获取的信息远比你应该获取的多得多的时候,就会让人觉得有点儿,有点儿诡异,就是这种感觉你知道嘛。
But also we only publish what we’re like one thousand percent sure of and if possible we maybe don't include the names of the people."
而且,我们举的还只是我们有十足的信心的例子,可能的话,我们可能不会公开他们的名字。”
How you feel about this technology probably depends on how much you sympathize with the person being identified.
你对这项技术的看法可能取决于你对被识别的人存有多大的同情。

2

Bellingcat has used these tools to identify people linked to the attack on flight MH17 in Eastern Ukraine.

贝林卡特利用这类工具找到了与发生在乌克兰东部的MH17航班袭击事件有关的人。
It’s also been used to dox police officers accused of brutality, anti-corruption activists protesting against Vladimir Putin,
这类工具还被用来人肉搜索被指控实施暴行的警察、抗议弗拉基米尔·普京的反腐活动人士、
random strangers as part of an art project, and sex workers, porn performers, and others who have posted anonymous photos online.
参加某场艺术活动的随便一群路人甲、性工作者、色情演员以及在网上发布匿名照片的网友……
"The way that we share our images and our names on social media, LinkedIn Twitter, Instagram,
“就我们对在社交媒体、领英、推特和Instagram等平台分享照片和姓名的热情来看,
it seems to suggest that we don't want to be obscure or we're not really looking to be anonymous.
我们似乎并不想低调,或者说,我们并不是真的想‘隐姓埋名’。
Are we allowed to want to share and connect with other people online
我们是否就应该拥有在网上与他人分享、社交的同时,
and still be able to expect not to be recognized when we're offline in our regular lives?"
回到线下还能保持不被认出来的这种权利呢?”
"I would say absolutely.
“我得说,必须有。
In fact I would go further and say if we ever create a society where that's not a reasonable expectation,
事实上,我还想更进一步地说,如果我们创造的社会认为这样的预期不合理的话,
a lot of the things that are fundamental to being a human being are really going to be compromised.
那么,我们作为人类的很多基本需求都会得不到满足。
Having any individuality requires experimenting in life and experimenting requires the protections of some obscurity.
拥有任何个人空间都是需要在生活中不断试验的,而试验就需要对一定程度的“不具名”权利进行保护。
But also intimacy requires obscurity. Right.
而且,亲密也是需要这种权利的对吧。
If you want to be able to share different parts of your life with different people, and I think most of us do right?
如果你想分享你生活的不同方面给不同的人,而且我觉得我们大多数人也都是这么做的对吧,
We don't want to come into work and behave the same way we do with our friends.
我们总不想在工作的时候也像对待朋友那样对待同事,
We don't want to treat our partners in the same way we do acquaintances.
像对待普通朋友一样对待我们的伴侣吧。
And the concern, when you lose too much obscurity,
问题在于,当我们丧失了太多“不具名”权利的时候,
is that these domains bleed into one another and create what's called context collapse.
这些区间就会相互渗透,造成所谓的“语境崩塌”。
And it doesn't mean that one is more real or one is more authentic.
这并不代表一个区间就比另一个真实,比另一个可靠什么的。
Leading a rich life requires us to be able to express ourselves in these diverse ways."
只不过,要过丰富多彩的生活,我们就需要拥有用不同的方式表达我们自己的能力。”
The photos we took to share with friends, or document history, or simply get a government ID
然而,我们用来与朋友分享的照片,用来记录生活的照片,甚至是用来申请身份证所用的照片
have been used to build and operate a technology that strips away the protections that obscurity has always provided us.
都被用来搭建、经营一项剥离了“不具名”权利一直以来赋予我们的保护色的技术了。
It’s nothing less than a massive bait-and-switch.
这种做法无异于大型的偷梁换柱式诱导营销行径。
One that could change the meaning of the human face forever.
还是一场或将彻底改变人脸意义的诱销行径。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
reasonable ['ri:znəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 合理的,适度的,通情达理的

 
fundamental [.fʌndə'mentl]

想一想再看

adj. 基本的,根本的,重要的
n. 基本原

 
collapse [kə'læps]

想一想再看

n. 崩溃,倒塌,暴跌
v. 倒塌,崩溃,瓦解

联想记忆
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
recognition [.rekəg'niʃən]

想一想再看

n. 认出,承认,感知,知识

 
random ['rændəm]

想一想再看

adj. 随机的,随意的,任意的
adv. 随

 
resolution [.rezə'lu:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 决心,决定,坚决,决议,解决,分辨率

联想记忆
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
individuality [individʒu'æliti]

想一想再看

n. 个性,人格,特征

 
identify [ai'dentifai]

想一想再看

vt. 识别,认明,鉴定
vi. 认同,感同身

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。