手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 艾伦秀视频版 > 正文

加入简·方达的运动,让人们认识到气候危机

来源:可可英语 编辑:Andersen   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Whew! We did it. How do you think we did?

喔!我们做到了。你觉得我们做得怎么样?
Well, we got to the end.
好吧,我们做到了最后。
Yeah. Well, I think-- how do you think I did? How did you…
是的。嗯,我想--你觉得我做得怎么样?你怎么……
You sucked, are you kidding? I what?
你做的烂透了,你在开玩笑吗?我什么?
You sucked! Aww. You need hearing aids and glasses. Half the time you couldn't see
你做的太烂了!啊,你需要助听器和眼镜。一时半会你都看不到
what was up there. But before we go, there's one more thing I want to talk about.
上面有什么。但在我们走之前还有一件事我想说。
Like I said before-- Oh, I've had it. That's enough for me.
就像我之前说的-哦,我受够了。对我来说已经够了。
Hey, what-- no, seriously. Nothing feels better than to be part of a movement
嘿,怎么了-不,说真的。没有什么比参加一场应对气候危机的运动
dealing with the climate crisis, and you can join one right now.
感觉更好的了,你现在就可以加入。
For the past four months, I've been in Washington, DC,
在过去的四个月里,我一直住在华盛顿特区,
to bring awareness to the urgency of the climate crisis,
让人们意识到气候危机的紧迫性,
and give people a way to mobilize and do something about it.
给人们一个动员和采取行动的方法。
Like the young activist Greta Thunberg says, the world is on fire.
就像年轻的激进环保分子格蕾塔·桑伯格说的,世界正处于大火包围之中。
We have to behave like it's a crisis, because it is.
我们必须表现得像是一场危机,因为事实上确实是一场危机。
And that's why we started Fire Drill Fridays.
这就是为什么我们会在周五开始消防演习的原因。
On Fridays, we rallied, we learned, we marched and engaged in civil disobedience,
在星期五那天,我们集会,学习,游行,参与非暴力反抗,
and risked arrest, including you. But I sucked, I didn't do a good job of it.
冒着被逮捕的风险,包括你也是一样的。但我做的很烂,我没有把它做得很好。

气候危机

No, you didn't. No, you didn't. No, I didn't.

不,你没有做的很烂。不,你没有。不,同样我也没有。
And here, we're doing our first Fire Drill Friday in Los Angeles.
在周五那天,我们将在洛杉矶进行第一次消防演习。
We've brought it to California, and we're bringing it all around the country.
我们把这种演习带到了加州,并带到了全国各地。
Friday, February 7th, at 11:00 on the Main Street side of City Hall, please come join me.
时间是:2月7日,星期五,11点,地点是:市政厅主街道一侧,请和我一起去吧。
And if you want-- wait a minute. If you want to start one in your own city, text JANE
如果你想……等一下。如果你想在自己城市里进行消防演习,可以给JANE发短信
to 877877, you want to start one in your local place.
到号码877877,前提是你想要在你所在地进行消防演习。
And you can also text Lily, but nothing will happen.
你也可以发短信给莉莉,但不会管用。
The only thing that will make this work is for American people to be mobilized,
唯一能让这个计划奏效的是动员美国人民,
to rise up and make themselves heard, please join us, we need you.
让他们站出来,让他们的呼声众人皆闻,请加入我们,我们需要你们。
And remember, deniers of climate crisis are part of the crisis! Yes.
记住,否认气候危机的存在就已经是危机的一部分!确实如此。
And thank you, Ellen. Thank you, Ellen, for letting us host.
谢谢你,艾伦。谢谢你,艾伦,让我们主持你的这个节目。
And thank you, to our wonderful guests.
感谢你们,感谢我们热情的嘉宾。
And thank you to you, for taking the lead in this.
感谢你,因为你在这件事上起了带头作用。
Is that what I did? I thought I was just kind of filling in for you.
我是这么做的吗?我以为我只是来代替你的。
See, look, you're supposed to say something now. As Ellen always says,
听着,听着,你现在是不是应该说点什么啊。就像艾伦在节目快结束时常说这句话,
for gosh sakes, be kind to one another, Bye!
看在上帝的份上,对彼此好一点,再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
engaged [in'geidʒd]

想一想再看

adj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的

 
urgency ['ə:dʒənsi]

想一想再看

n. 紧急(的事)

联想记忆
arrest [ə'rest]

想一想再看

vt. 逮捕,拘留
n. 逮捕,拘留

联想记忆
lily ['lili]

想一想再看

adj. 纯白的 n. 百合花

 
drill [dril]

想一想再看

n. 钻孔机,钻子,反复操练,播种机
v. 钻

 
awareness [ə'wɛənis]

想一想再看

n. 认识,意识,了解

联想记忆
movement ['mu:vmənt]

想一想再看

n. 活动,运动,移动,[音]乐章

联想记忆
dealing ['di:liŋ]

想一想再看

n. 经营方法,行为态度
(复数)dealin

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。