手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

洞穴潜水训练(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

This time on on Jonathan Bird's Blue World, Jonathan goes to the Bahamas for some special training!

在这一集乔纳森·伯德的《蓝色世界》里,乔纳森前往巴哈马接受一些特殊训练!

Hi I'm Jonathan Bird and welcome to my world!

嗨,我是乔纳森·伯德,欢迎来到我的世界!

I'm deep in a cave. Blindfolded.

我在一个洞穴深处,蒙着眼罩。

Being spun around to intentionally make me disoriented.

有人扶着我转圈,让我失去方向感。

I'm completely lost. And now, I have to find my way out of the cave all by myself blind.

我完全迷路了。现在,我得自己摸着找出路。

I start by tying off a guideline to a rock by feel alone.

我先在一块石头上仅靠感觉系上领路线。

Then I grope around in the dark for a while trying to find the main line out of the cave.

然后我在黑暗中摸索了一会儿,试图找到出山洞中的主线。

Eventually, I do find the line, and I tie in. Then I follow that line towards the cave entrance.

我终于找到了那根线,把线绑好。随后,我沿着那条线朝洞穴入口游去。

You might be wondering, what am I doing?

你可能想知道,我在做什么?

In the past few years I have become really interested in cave diving,

在过去的几年里,我对洞穴潜水非常感兴趣,

so I thought it was time to finally advance my dive training to a full cave certification.

所以我认为应该提升我的潜水训练,获取全洞潜水认证。

Full cave certification is kind of like the "black belt" of scuba diving. It's not easy.

全洞认证有点像深潜中的“黑带”,挺难的。

The training is intense, designed to test your nerves and your confidence. It has to be, because underwater caves are dangerous.

训练强度很大,旨在考验你的胆量和信心。必须这样做,因为水下的洞穴很危险。

If you get lost and run out of air, you will die. The training is designed to teach divers not to panic, not to get lost, and never to run out of air.

如果你迷路了,没有氧气就完了。训练的目的是教潜水员不要惊慌失措,不要迷路,也永远不要把氧气用完。

So obviously choosing the right instructor is important.

所以,选择合适的教练很重要。

That's why I contacted Brian Kakuk, one of the world's most famous and respected cave explorers

我找了布莱恩·卡库克,他是世界上最著名、最受尊敬的洞穴探险家之一,

--known for his impressive discoveries and passionate efforts to protect some of the world's most fragile and vulnerable caves.

以其令人印象深刻的发现,并努力保护世界上一些最易受到破坏的洞穴而闻名。

Caves are his passion, but Brian also spent years as a dive safety officer working on big Hollywood film productions,

洞穴是他的激情所在,但布莱恩也曾作为潜水安全专员,多年参与好莱坞大片的制作工作,

like the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and many others.

比如《加勒比海盗》和其他许多电影。

Brian agreed to accept me as a student, but he wouldn't go easy on me because I'm a TV guy.

布赖恩同意教我,但他不会因为我主持电视节目而对我宽容。

In fact, photographers often do the most damage to caves with big, cumbersome cameras, so I would have to work extra hard to earn his approval.

事实上,摄影师经常因为使用大而笨重的摄像机,会对洞穴造成最大的破坏,所以我必须加倍努力才能获得他的认可。

Brian is based out of Abaco, an island in the Bahamas known in the cave diving community as the home of the most exquisitely decorated caves in the world.

布莱恩来自巴哈马群岛的阿巴科岛,该岛在洞穴潜水界被称为世界上装饰最精美的洞穴所在地。

So my training begins with a flight to the Bahamas. And I have no idea what I'm in for!

我的训练从飞往巴哈马开始,而且我不知道自己要干什么!

Brian picks me up and then it's off to his shop to show me how to get some of my new cave diving gear set up.

布赖恩接上我后就去他的店铺,教我如何安装一些新的洞穴潜水装备。

The hardest thing for me will be my new sidemount gear.

对我来说最难的是新的侧挂装置。

Sidemount diving is something completely new to me.

我没做过侧挂潜水。

It's a lot easier to do it with a cam-band than it is with a stainless band.

用凸轮带比用不锈钢带容易得多。

Cameraman Todd is already cave certified but sidemount diving is new to him as well, so Brian also helps set up his gear.

摄影师托德已经获得洞穴认证,但侧挂潜水对他来说也是全新的,所以布莱恩也帮他装。

We want this to end up in the thorax right here.

让它放在胸腔这儿。

Cave divers need to wear two scuba tanks.

洞穴潜水员需要带两个氧气罐。

Sidemount is a style of diving where the diver wears the scuba tanks on the sides, instead of the back.

侧挂潜水是把氧气罐挂在潜水员两侧,而不是背在后背的一种潜水方式。

Not only is it a lot more comfortable than wearing both scuba tanks on your back,

这样不仅比背两个氧气罐舒服,

but it creates a lower profile, so you can fit through smaller restrictions like this.

而且所占空间更小,你就可以通过这样的小地方了。

mqdefault (1).jpg

Because the caves in Abaco are filled with small restrictions and delicate formations,

因为阿巴科岛的洞穴到处都是小旮旯,而且构造微妙,

a lower profile means less damage to the cave and more places you can go.

所占空间更小意味着对洞穴的破坏较低,你可以去更多的地方。

But before I can start diving, there is a lecture in the classroom. You are never too old to go back to school and learn something new.

但在我开始潜水之前,要先在教室里上堂课。什么时候重返学校学习新知识都不晚。

My progression from open water diver to full cave certification will take at least 8 long 12-hour days of instruction in both the classroom and the water.

从开放水域潜水到全洞认证,我至少需要8天12小时的课堂和水中教学。

Otis has heard this one a million times.

奥蒂斯已经听过无数次了。

We talked a little bit about signaling.

我们来说说信号。

Diver 1, instead of having to turn around and ask everybody "Are you OK?"

一号潜水员,不用转身问大家“你们还好吗?”,

he'll shine his light up here and say "Hey are you guys OK?" Put it on the wall, so everybody can see it.

他会把灯照在这儿,然后问“你们还好吗?”把信号打到墙上,所有人都能看到。

Because running and using a guideline is a critical skill in cave diving, we head out into the parking lot for some dry practice.

因为使用领路线是洞穴潜水的关键技能,所以我们来到停车场进行一些枯燥的练习。。

You don't check your buoyancy first, you are going to be doing this: pushing off, pushing off, trying to get this undone,

先不用检查悬浮状态,你要做的是这个:推开,推开,试着把这个解开。

and you are going to keep falling down or floating up, so the first thing you do when you find a tie-off is you come up to it, and hover, neutrally buoyant.

然后,不断地往下潜或往上浮。发现一个绑绳的地方时,你要做的第一件事就是游到它跟前,盘在上方悬浮着。

Now I can reach back, unclip this and bring it forward.

现在我可以向后伸手,解开这个,把它拿到前面。

Alright, so buoyancy first, always.

所以,浮动永远排在第一。

Buoyancy will become a common theme in my class.

悬浮是我们课堂的一个常见主题。

Cave divers must exhibit near perfect buoyancy not only to keep from breaking the formations in the cave, but to keep from kicking up silt.

洞穴潜水员必须表现出近乎完美的悬浮能力,这不仅是为了防止破坏洞穴中的地层,而且是以防踢到淤泥。

First Brian runs a guideline around an imaginary cave.

布赖恩先在一个假想的洞穴中绕领路线。

What you're going to do is first, stop. Buoyancy.

你要做的是先停下来,悬浮。

Then it's time for me to learn some guideline techniques.

现在我该学习一些有关领路线的技巧了。

one, two...

一、二……

Yes. Just like that.

对,就这样。

And then I'm going to do one, two.

然后,再转两圈。

There you go!

好了!

But I'm not just learning how to run a guideline. I also have to learn how to use it in an emergency, such as in the pitch dark.

我不仅要学如何系领路线,还得学会如何在紧急情况下使用它,比如在漆黑的环境中。

So I have to practice with my eyes closed. And no, I'm not cheating.

所以,我必须闭上眼睛练习。不,我没有作弊。

You really want to keep your head down.

你要低下头。

So you want that hand to be the highest point.

手在最高点。

I don't want to be wracked.

以防撞到头。

Exactly right.

没错。

Back in the shop we make a few last minute gear adjustments. Then it's finally time to head over to Dan's Cave for some in-water skills.

回到店里,我们对装置进行了最后的调整。该前往丹穴学习一些水中技巧了。

We load up Brian's big van full of gear. Then it's off to the cave.

布赖恩的大货车里装满了装备。然后,我们开车去洞穴。

Dan's cave is located about 35 minutes south of Brian's shop near town.

丹穴位于布赖恩店铺以南大约35分钟的地方,靠近城镇。

We drive south a while and then turn off down an old logging road to get there. We travel into the middle of a huge pine forest.

我们往南开了一会儿,然后沿着一条旧的伐木路行进。我们来到一片巨大的松林中间。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
silt [silt]

想一想再看

n. 淤泥 v. (使)淤塞

 
flight [flait]

想一想再看

n. 飞行,航班
n. 奇思妙想,一段楼

 
community [kə'mju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落

联想记忆
fragile ['frædʒail]

想一想再看

adj. 易碎的,脆的,精细的

联想记忆
buoyant ['bɔiənt]

想一想再看

adj. 有浮力的,心情愉快的,趋于上涨的

 
pine [pain]

想一想再看

n. 松树,松木
vi. 消瘦,憔悴,渴望

联想记忆
delicate ['delikit]

想一想再看

n. 精美的东西
adj. 精美的,微妙的,美

 
gear [giə]

想一想再看

n. 齿轮,传动装置,设备,工具
v. 使适应

联想记忆
theme [θi:m]

想一想再看

n. 题目,主题

 
band [bænd]

想一想再看

n. 带,箍,波段
n. 队,一群,乐队

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 寻找锤头鲨(上) 2020-01-10
  • 寻找锤头鲨(下) 2020-02-17
  • 洞穴潜水训练(中) 2020-02-25
  • 洞穴潜水训练(下) 2020-02-28
  • 学习海洋生物学(上) 2020-03-18
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。