Well, the primaries are underway and the caucuses are in full swing.
初选正在进行 预选会议也如火如荼
That doesn't sound right.
听起来不大对劲
I don't want to talk about swinging.
我不想讨论摇摆
Swinging caucuses doesn't sound right.
摇摆的会议听起来不大对
I don't usually follow politics too closely.
我一般不太关注政治
This year, I have been because I think this is probably the most important year for all of us to be paying attention.
今年我一直在留意 因为这也许是最值得我们所有人关注的一年
I've been watching the debates.
我有看他们的辩论
And I've been reading up on all the issues.
也看了所有相关的报道
I've been getting my bikini body ready for the election year.
为了选举年份 我一直在锻炼能穿比基尼的身材
Good to have a bikini body for election season.
选举季能穿比基尼很好
And it hasn't been easy to follow.
关注选举的事也挺难的
Because at the beginning, there were 20 candidates.
因为一开始有20个候选人
Now they're down to six.
现在只有六个了
And there's just arguments and name calling.
都是些争吵和互骂
And, for some reason, Hannah B. had showed up.
不知道为什么 Hannah B也露面了
And I'm thinking of The Bachelor. I'm so sorry.
我想成《单身汉》了 不好意思
I'm so impressed by people that run for president though, because it's a lot.
不过我很佩服那些竞选总统的人 毕竟这并非易事
It's a commitment. It takes a lot of hard work.
这是一种承诺 需要付出很多努力
And I don't think I could be president because I couldn't live in the same house for four years.
我是不可能当总统的 我不可能在同一栋楼里住四年
I would never be able to-- I like to move too much.
我做不到 我超喜欢搬家
People are really passionate about the candidates.
人们对候选者有很高的激情
And passion is a good thing. And it's good to debate issues.
激情是件好事 辩论也是好事
But it's good to have discussions, you know?
但讨论更好 不是吗?
Calm, civil, positive discussions, because there are too many people being mean and negative on social media.
冷静 文明 积极的讨论 社交媒体上刻薄消极的人太多了
Somehow our campaign slogans have gone from I Like Ike to Vote for Bernie or Eat an Eggplant Emoji, you know what I mean?
不知道什么情况 我们的竞选标语从“我支持Ike”变成了“给Bernie投票 否则就吃了茄子表情”
It's like extreme.
太极端了
When I'm online, I follow the golden rule-- Tweet Others the Way You Want Others to Tweet You. Right?
我上网的时候会遵循那条黄金法则——己所不欲勿施于人 对吧?
And the problem is, is that we're focusing on what makes us--
问题是 我们关注的是
instead of focusing on what makes us the same,
我们不关注大家的共同点
we're focusing on all the superficial things that make us different.
反而去关注那些非常肤浅的不同点
And we reduce everybody to labels.
我们把每个人都缩小成标签
And we can't do that.
我们不能这样
So please remember, no labels.
所以请记住 没有标签
Whether you're planning on voting for the old guy, or the rich guy, or the gay guy,
不管你是想给年龄大的投票 还是给富可敌国的人 同性恋
or the other old guy, or the two ladies, or the orange guy, don't reduce people to labels.
或者另一个年龄大的 或者两名女性 亦或是橙子男 都不要把人们简化为标签
Now--
现在