手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

阿巴科神秘的水晶洞穴(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

This time on Jonathan Bird's Blue World, Jonathan goes deep into a Bahamas cave to find spectacular crystal formations!

在这一集的乔纳森《蓝色世界》中,乔纳森深入巴哈马的一个洞穴,寻找壮观的水晶构造!

Hi I'm Jonathan Bird and welcome to my world!

嗨,我是乔纳森·伯德,欢迎来到我的世界!

I'm fascinated with caves.

我对洞穴很着迷。

From the cenotes of the Yucatan to the Blue Holes of the Bahamas, caves are astonishingly beautiful environments often filled with lavish decorations,

从尤卡坦半岛的天然井到巴哈马群岛的蓝洞,洞穴是令人惊讶的美丽环境,总是充满了令人印象深刻的装饰、

crystal clear water and strange, alien life forms…hidden in the pitch darkness.

清澈的洞水和各种奇怪的而陌生的生命,隐藏在漆黑的环境中。

For years I have heard about a remote cave in the Bahamas filled with incredibly fragile crystal formations.

多年来,我一直听说巴哈马的一个偏僻的山洞里充满了令人难以置信的易碎晶体。

It has been compared to diving inside a chandelier.

有人把它比作在吊灯里潜水。

Only a handful of people have ever been into the so-called Crystal Cave, and I really want to see it.

只有少数人去过所谓的水晶洞,我真的很想去看看。

I contacted world-renown cave explorer Brian Kakuk who operates Bahamas Underground, a cave diving operation in remote Abaco, Bahamas where he explores caves,

我联系了世界著名的洞穴探险家布赖恩·卡库克,他在巴哈马偏远的阿巴科经营着巴哈马地下洞穴潜水业务,

leads expeditions into the caves, and advocates for the protection of Bahamas caves.

在那里探索洞穴,带领探险队进入洞穴,并倡导对巴哈马洞穴进行保护。

Brian agreed to take me to the Crystal Cave.

布莱恩同意带我去水晶洞。

Cameraman Todd and I fly to sunny Abaco, Bahamas on the cave exploration expedition of a lifetime!

我和摄影师托德飞到阳光灿烂的巴哈马阿巴科,开启洞穴探险之旅!

At Brian's shop, we prepare our gear, fill tanks and load the van.

在布赖恩的店里,我们准备好装备,加满油箱,把装备装上货车。

I am both excited and nervous to finally see this elusive cave.

看到这个难以捉摸的洞穴,我既兴奋又紧张。

The Crystal Cave is way out in the pine forest, actually not very far from Dan's Cave where I did my cave training.

水晶洞就在松林里,其实离我进行洞穴潜水练习的丹洞不远。

Brian is confident that the two caves actually connect, but he hasn't found the connecting passageway yet.

布莱恩确信这两个洞穴的确相连,但他还没有找到相连的通道。

The opening to Crystal Cave has just a thin ceiling of limestone separating it from the forest above.

水晶洞的洞口只有一层很薄的石灰岩天顶,把它和上面的森林隔开。

Brian built a set of steps down into the water, with a platform for the gear.

布赖恩在水里建了一组台阶,上面有一个平台。

Except for the low ceiling, it's really convenient.

除了用做一个低一点天顶,它还很方便。

I can't imagine what it would have been like to be the first to dive this cave.

我无法想象作为第一个潜入这个洞穴的人会是什么样子。

From the surface, it sure doesn't look like much.

从表面上看,它看起来不很大。

Brian has extensively mapped Crystal Cave and most of it is totally inaccessible to divers with traditional backmount tanks.

布莱恩已经绘制了大量水晶洞穴的地图,大部分都是传统背装氧气瓶式潜水员无法到达的地方。

Most cave divers wear their tanks on their backs, but some caves have tight restrictions where backmount divers won't fit.

大多数洞穴潜水员背着氧气瓶,但有些洞穴有严格的限制,背装式潜水员不适合进入。

Sidemount divers wear their tanks on their sides, so they have a thinner profile, and fit through smaller spaces.

侧装氧气瓶的潜水员将他们的氧气瓶背在侧面,这样他们的轮廓更薄,可以穿过更小的空间。

Today our entire team will be diving sidemount.

今天,我们整个小队都要做侧身式潜水。

My hope is to reach a famous room in the Crystal Cave called the Glass Factory.

我希望能到水晶洞里一个叫玻璃厂的著名洞穴去看看。

With our plan in place, we suit up.

制定好计划后,我们就穿上装备。

Then, the moment of truth.

然后,关键时刻到来了。

We head over to the cave entrance to begin what will be a two hour dive into Crystal Cave.

我们前往山洞入口,开始在水晶洞中进行两个小时的潜水。

Standing in the water, less than two feet deep, it's hard to believe that this cave actually goes anywhere!

站在水里,不到两英尺深,很难相信这个洞穴能通往其它地方!

Brian, Todd and I don our tanks and check our lights.

我和布莱恩、托德打开氧气瓶,检查灯光。

Even though I'm no longer a student, we still do all the safety checks, because that's what cave divers do, no matter how experienced they are.

即使我不再是学生,但我们仍然做所有的安全检查,因为这就是洞穴潜水员要做的,不管他们的经验有多丰富。

QQ截图20200331151833.png

I'm a little nervous because this cave has a lot of very small passages with fragile stuff

我有点紧张,因为这个洞穴有很多小通道,里面有容易破裂的东西,

and I don't want to break anything so I'm going to be trying to move as little as possible.

我不想打破任何东西,所以我尽量少动。

Just be very still, and not be a spaz.

安静点,别做个大白痴。

OK, prepare to be amazed!

好吧,准备好感受惊奇吧!

We head to a tiny opening at the back of the cave, only about two feet tall, and pass through into another world.

我们走到山洞后面一个只有两英尺高的小洞口,然后穿到另一个世界。

Just beyond that restriction it opens up into a massive room.

越过它的边界之后,洞穴就变成了一个巨大的空间。

There is hardly any cavern zone.

几乎没有洞穴区。

We immediately pass the Stop sign.

我们立即潜过了停止标志。

I fire up the lights on my camera and start following Brian on our path towards the Glass Factory, which is about a thousand feet from the entrance.

我打开摄像机上的灯,跟着布赖恩朝玻璃厂游去,那里离入口大约有一千英尺。

Almost immediately we hit a tight restriction.

我们几乎马上就遇到了严格的限制。

Brian and I already made a plan for this one.

我和布莱恩已经为这此做好了计划。

I pass my big camera through to him first, then wiggle up and through myself.

我先把我那个大个头摄像机递给他,然后摇动着向上游,穿过我自己。

Things are tight as we make our way closer to the Glass Factory, and in many cases, Brian has me go first to get the clearest water for my shots.

我们离玻璃厂越来越近,情况变得越来越紧张。在很多情况下,布赖恩让我先去最干净的水来试验。

He also keeps an eye on my fins, to be sure I don't kick anything fragile!

他还盯着我的脚蹼,确保我不会踢坏任何易损伤的东西!

Almost all the formations in Crystal Cave are in fact made of calcite crystal.

水晶洞几乎所有的构造实际上都是方解石晶体。

In most caves, a fat stalagmite like this would be made of opaque white calcite, otherwiseknown as limestone.

在大多数洞穴中,像这样的肥沃石笋是由不透明的白色方解石构成的,方解石又称石灰岩。

But here in Crystal Cave, it's a translucent crystalline treasure that glows with Brian's light.

但在水晶洞里,它是一个半透明的水晶宝藏,在布莱恩的灯光下闪闪发光。

Nobody is quite sure why the calcite here forms crystals.

没人能确定方解石为什么会形成晶体。

Over the last hundred thousand years, this cave has alternated between submerged and dry at least five times.

在过去的十万年里,这个洞穴至少有五次是在浸泡于水下和干燥之间交替的。

During an ice age when glaciers cover much of the world, sea levels fall and the Bahamas caves go dry.

在冰川覆盖世界大部分地区的冰河时期,海平面下降,巴哈马地区的洞穴干涸。

Water dripping in from above creates cave formations like stalactites and stalagmites.

水从上面滴落下来形成洞穴中的各种构造,像钟乳石和石笋。

They can only form in a dry cave.

它们只在干燥的洞穴中形成。

With the Earth currently between ice ages, sea levels are high, and the caves are flooded, allowing us to swim from formation to formation.

由于地球目前处于冰期之间,海平面很高,洞穴中有大量的水,这让我们能够从一个构造区游到另一个构造区。

As Brian leads us further into the cave, we arrive at what looks like a crystalline cake frosting.

当布赖恩带领我们往洞穴深处潜时,我们来到一个看起来像水晶蛋糕糖霜的地方。

He sticks his hand out to gently demonstrate what I haven't noticed yet.

他伸出手,轻柔地向我展示我还没注意到的东西。

I carefully position myself for a close-up shot, and then, I see clearly what he is doing.

我小心地仔细地选好位置拍摄特写镜头,然后我清楚地看到了他在做的事情。

These formations, called draperies, are so thin that I can see Brian's hand right through them!

这些被称为布帘的构造非常薄,我能透过它们看到布赖恩的手!

It's like they are mode of frosted glass.

就像是磨砂玻璃。

Formed by thousands of years of dripping water, these exquisite crystal curtains are super fragile.

这些精致的水晶窗帘是由数千年的滴水形成的,它们非常易碎。

Brian touches them ever so gently.

布赖恩轻轻地触摸它们。

I'm not touching them at all!

我就不去碰它们了!

I'm happy to film him!

我很高兴为他拍摄!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
restriction [ri'strikʃən]

想一想再看

n. 限制,约束

 
limestone ['laimstəun]

想一想再看

n. 石灰石

 
fragile ['frædʒail]

想一想再看

adj. 易碎的,脆的,精细的

联想记忆
lavish ['læviʃ]

想一想再看

adj. 大方的,丰富的,浪费的 vt. 浪费,慷慨给予

联想记忆
gear [giə]

想一想再看

n. 齿轮,传动装置,设备,工具
v. 使适应

联想记忆
translucent [træns'lu:sənt]

想一想再看

adj. 半透明的

联想记忆
elusive [i'lu:siv]

想一想再看

adj. 难懂的,难捉摸的,难记的,逃避的

联想记忆
traditional [trə'diʃənəl]

想一想再看

adj. 传统的

 
exploration [.eksplɔ:'reiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 探险,踏勘,探测

联想记忆
opaque [əu'peik]

想一想再看

adj. 不透明的,难懂的

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。