手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 沃克斯独立观点 > 正文

保持安全距离需要注意什么?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

"The time for social distancing, it's immediately."

“是时候保持安全距离了,一刻也不能再拖了。”

"What exactly is social distancing?"

“到底什么是保持安全距离呢?”

"Social distancing."

“保持安全距离。”

"Institute more social distancing."

“实行更为严格的保持安全距离措施。”

"My name is Carolyn Cannuscio, and I'm a social epidemiologist.

“我叫卡罗琳·坎努西奥,我是研究社会流行病学的。

Every action that we take, and every way in which we can hold back from the public sphere, in order to limit the opportunities for transmission, is an opportunity, truly, to save a life."

我们为限制(新冠病毒的)传播采取的每一项措施和每种远离公共区域的办法都是一次拯救生命的机会。”

"I'm wondering if there are just one or two concrete pieces of advice you would want people to follow."

“您有没有一两条可供大家遵照的实质性的建议呢?”

"I think our lives should look radically different right now than they normally do.

“我认为,我们应该彻底改变我们的生活方式。

I would say, limit your face-to-face interactions.

比如,限制面对面接触的次数。

Work remotely, whenever possible.

条件允许的话选择远程办公。

No handshakes, no high-fives, no hugs outside the home.

出门之后不同他人握手,击掌或拥抱。

Stand six feet or more away from any person you're encountering in a public space.

在公共区域随时与他人保持至少6英尺(约2米)的距离。

And severely restrict your travel from city to city, limiting that to truly urgent matters.

严格控制跨城市出行的次数,不到万不得已不要跨城市出行。

And limit your engagement in the public sphere.

控制前往公共区域的次数。

Don't attend group gatherings, don't go to the theater, don't go to sporting events.

不聚会,不去剧院和影院,不去现场看比赛。

What we're trying to prevent is contact with droplets when people sneeze, cough, or spit."

我们要预防的其实是他人在打喷嚏、咳嗽或吐痰时产生的飞沫。”

"I'm wondering what you think of small social gatherings. How big is too big?"

“想知道您对小型聚会的看法,多大规模算超标呢?”

"You will get different answers from different people about this, and I tend to be more conservative.

“这个问题不同的人可能会有不同的答案,但我习惯保守一点。

One of my sons said to me, 'Mom, if we're quarantined, at least we can still have dinner parties, right?'

我一个儿子就问过我,‘妈妈,隔离的话,一起用餐还是可以的对吧?’

And I said, 'No, Gabriel. That's the antithesis of what quarantine is about.'

我的回答是,‘不可以喔,加布里埃尔。一起用餐就和隔离的要求相违背了。’

We have to minimize our contact with others.

我们必须尽可能地减少与他人的接触。

I would say that's the general rule.

我想说,这也是我们普遍的准则。

Limit it. Limit it, to what's necessary."

控制控制再控制,不到万不得已都不能放松。”

"Do you recommend that people go outside, even if they have limited contact with people?"

“您建议大家出去走走吗?控制与他人接触的条件下。”

"So, what I've been doing is trying to wake up at a very early hour and go, usually.

“我一向的做法是要出去就早点起床早点去。

Or to go in very unpopulated places and walk in the woods."

或是去没什么人的地方,去树林里散步什么的。”

"I'm wondering what you think about taking flights."

“您对坐飞机有什么看法呢?”

"An important consideration is that the movement of populations is the fuel for continued spread.

“一个很重要的问题是,人口的流动会助长病毒的传播。

So in the 1918 flu, there was this massive movement of troops across the United States,

正因为如此,1918年(西班牙)流感爆发的时候,美国各地出现了大规模的军队调动,

and that troop movement was the perfect vehicle for continuing the spread of influenza.

这些调动就成了西班牙流感传播的完美推手。

And you may think that it's different if you're just traveling for spring break,

你可能会觉得,你只是出去度个春假而已,没那么夸张,

but really, there isn't any difference between that kind of movement, for the purposes of wartime personnel needs,

但讲真,战时军队调动产生的人口流动

and the movement of people because they want to get to the beach.

和去海滩度假的欲望催生出来的人口流动并没有什么区别。

We don't want to have prolonged contact with other humans in a confined space,

我们可不需要在密闭的空间里和他人长时间接触,

and what's a flight, if not prolonged contact with other humans in a confined space?

但如果坐飞机都不算在密闭的空间里与他人长时间接触的话什么才算呢?

So don't do it. If you don't have to do it, don't do it."

所以,大家还是不要坐的好。如果不是非坐飞机不可就选择不坐。”

"I'm sure that's gonna be your answer for all of the following questions I have.

“我相信下面这些问题你也都会这么回答。

If you don't have to, don't do it.

如果不是万不得已就不怎么怎么着……

What about public transportation?"

那共交通呢?”

"So, many people are dependent upon public transit to get to work.

“因为很多人都要依赖公共交通上下班。

There might be some risk reduction practices people could adopt, such as trying to ride at off-peak times.

这方面其实也有一些降低风险的措施,比如大家可以错峰出行。

If you are able to walk or ride your bike, do that.

能走路上下班就走路上下班,能骑车上下班就骑车上下班。

It probably is safer, from an infection perspective, to drive one's own car, rather than to use public transit, but every public health person hates saying that."

从感染的角度来看,自己开车可能比乘坐公共交通更安全,但公共卫生部门的那些人就是不想承认这一点。”

"How should we approach caring for elderly or at-risk neighbors, or people in our community who might need help?"

“那我们要怎么照顾长辈,照顾身处感染风险的邻居甚至是身边其他可能需要帮助的人呢?”

"If people have been living with an elderly family member, they should reduce radically their contact with the outside world.

“如果大家有和家里的长辈一起生活的,那就要彻底断绝自己与外界的接触。

Especially the primary caregiver.

尤其是最主要的那个照顾者。

2

That's ultra important.

这一点是极其重要的。

For elders who are able to take care of their own activities of daily living.

那些能够照顾自己的日常起居的老年人,

Like, my mom lives independently.

比如,我妈妈就是自己住的。

She's taking the CDC advice very seriously to stay at home.

她就有很认真地在落实疾控中心下达的居家隔离的命令。

And we also make a point to call her multiple times throughout the day.

我们每天都会给她打几次电话。

My daughter, in the evening, will read a story to my mom.

晚上,我女儿会给她读一个故事。

My mom will read a story to her.

她也会给我女儿读一个故事。

We play games together over Google Hangouts.

我们还会在谷歌环聊上一起玩游戏。

We really want to have ways to...continue to show her how much we love her."

我们特别希望能有机会……继续告诉她我们有多爱她。”

"And when will this end?

“那这一切什么时候才能结束呢?

When will we know that we can stop social distancing?"

我们什么时候才能解除安全距离呢?”

"I can't give you a date when it will end.

“具体什么时候结束我也给不了你答案。

It would be good if we could have that date,

如果有那么一天当然会很棒,

because it would be reassuring to people to know that this won't last forever.

因为让大家知道疫情不会一直持续下去,大家也能安心一点。

And it won't last forever, but it's probably going to be an uncomfortably long period of time."

疫情也并不会真的一直持续下去,但可能还是会持续很长很长一段时间。”

"Is there a happy medium between extreme social isolation and just keeping a healthy distance from people?"

“极端的社交隔离和保持安全距离之间有没有什么比较好的折衷办法呢?”

"So this will be a very hard time for many people.

“这段时间对很多人而言都会比较难熬。

And I would say that the happy medium is to try to think creatively about ways to engage socially without physically being present.

要我说,折衷的办法就是打开思路,想想在不面对面的情况下还有哪些保持联系的办法。

Call more often.

比如,多打打电话。

FaceTime more often.

多视视频。

Sing with friends out the windows, as people have been doing in Italy.

像意大利人那样对着窗户对个唱。

Play music for your loved ones over the phone.

在电话里给你爱的人放放音乐。

Let your elders hear the voices of their grandchildren over the phone.

打电话的时候让家里的长辈听听他们孙儿孙女的声音。

Give to food banks.

给食品救济中心献爱心。

Give to homeless outreach organizations.

给救济流浪人口的外展组织献爱心。

If you're able to be generous, now is the time to be generous.

如果你有慷慨解囊的能力,那请现在就献出你的爱心。

And, be generous not just with our material gifts, but also:

同时,请不要局限于物质馈赠,还请大家:

Truly believe, deep in your heart, that by stepping out of the social realm right now,

也要在内心深处坚信,此时踏出社交圈,

you are doing one of the greatest services you can do to the public's health."

就等于你为公共卫生做出了最伟大的贡献。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
recommend [.rekə'mend]

想一想再看

vt. 建议,推荐,劝告
vt. 使成为可取,

联想记忆
reassuring [,ri:ə'ʃuəriŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 可靠的;安心的;鼓气的 v. 使放心(reas

 
tend [tend]

想一想再看

v. 趋向,易于,照料,护理

 
prevent [pri'vent]

想一想再看

v. 预防,防止

联想记忆
extreme [ik'stri:m]

想一想再看

adj. 极度的,极端的
n. 极端,极限

 
massive ['mæsiv]

想一想再看

adj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的

 
realm [relm]

想一想再看

n. 王国,领域

联想记忆
quarantine ['kwɔrənti:n]

想一想再看

n. 四十天,隔离,封锁交通,检疫期间 vt. 检疫,停

联想记忆
personnel [.pə:sə'nel]

想一想再看

n. 职员,人事部门

联想记忆
antithesis [æn'tiθisis]

想一想再看

n. 对照,正相反,对比法

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。