手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > Emma的美味英语 > 正文

第25期:跟wrap有关的短语和习语

来源:可可英语 编辑:Magi   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hello! I'm Emma from mmmEnglish!

你好!我是来自mmmEnglish的Emma !
Since it's very close to Christmas and I'm wrapping lots of presents,
因为马上就要到圣诞节了,我要包装很多礼物,
this lesson is going to be full of expressions using the word, 'wrap'.
所以这节课将会有很多关于“wrap”这个词的表达。
Now some of these expressions will be phrasal verbs like 'wrap up'.
现在这些表达中有一些是短语动词,比如“wrap up”。
Others will be idioms like let's keep this 'under wraps'.
其他的则是像let's keep this 'under secrets这样的习语。
One thing that they all have in common is that you'll hear them come up in conversation all the time!
他们都有一个共同点,那就是你会经常听到他们在谈话中出现。
So, this word has a cheeky silent letter in it.
所以,这个单词里有一个“厚脸皮”的不发音字母。
So if you find it difficult to pronounce, it might be because you're making a sound where there doesn't need to be one.
所以如果你觉得很难发音,那可能是因为你在发一个不需要发的音。
'Wrap' and 'rap' are pronounced in exactly the same way.
‘Wrap’和‘rap’的发音完全一样。
The W is silent.
W不发音。
Because the ‘rrrrrrrr’ sound is at the start of the word, it's strong.
因为' rrrrrrrr '发在单词的开头,所以发音很重。
To make that sound my tongue is pulling back in my mouth and up a little bit in the middle.
为了发出这样的声音,我的舌头向后拉,中间向上一点。
The tip of my tongue is not touching anything
舌尖没有碰到任何东西,
and both sides of my tongue are softly pushing against my upper teeth.
两边的舌头轻轻地抵着上牙。
Now the past tense of wrap is wrapped and it's a regular past tense verb so we simply add -ed
wrap的过去式是wrapped,它是一个规则的过去式动词,所以我们只需添加-ed
but the pronunciation of that -ed is more like a /t/ sound.
但是ed的发音更像是/t/发音。
Wrapped. Not rapid.
Wrapped。不是rapid。
That's a completely different word.
这是一个完全不同的词。
It's an adjective that means fast or sudden.
它是一个形容词,意思是快的或突然的。
Wrapped is also an adjective to describe when something is covered.
Wrapped也是一个形容词,用来描述某物被覆盖。
This present is wrapped.
这个礼物包装好了。
These ones are not.
这些没有包装好。
Here in Australia we also use wrapped to describe a person's feelings when they're extremely excited or happy about something.
在澳大利亚,我们也用wrapped来形容一个人对某事极度兴奋或高兴时的感觉。
It's quite informal, it's a slang word but very useful if you're speaking with Australians.
这个词很不正式,是一个俚语,但是如果你和澳大利亚人说话,这个词很有用。
It's usually spelled r-a-p-t.
通常拼成r-a-p-t。
He'll be rapt to hear the news.
他听到这个消息会很高兴的。
My mum was rapt to hear that I'll be in Melbourne for Christmas.
听到我将在墨尔本过圣诞节,我妈妈欣喜若狂。
Now there's a very common phrasal verb that you've probably heard or seen before.
这里有一个很常见的你们可能听过或见过的动词短语。
'Wrap up' Now firstly, this phrasal verb 'wrap up' has the same meaning as 'wrap',
首先,动词短语“Wrap up”与“Wrap”意思相同,
the verb which means to cover something usually with paper or with a thin material.
“Wrap”意思是用纸或薄材料覆盖某物。
I need to wrap these presents.
我得把这些礼物包起来。
Or I need to wrap up these presents.
或者我需要把这些礼物包起来。
You can use either.
你可以用任何一种说法。

25.jpg

They have the same meaning.

意思相同。
Can you wrap up this cheese and put it in the fridge for me?
你能帮我把奶酪包起来放进冰箱吗?
You can also wrap someone up in clothes or blankets usually to protect them like a baby or a child.
你也可以用衣服或毯子把某人裹起来,像保护婴儿或小孩一样保护他们。
It's cold outside.
外面很冷。
Keep him wrapped up nice and tight.
把他裹得严严实实的。
In all of these examples the phrasal verb is transitive.
在所有这些例子中,动词短语都是及物动词。
We need to explain what we're wrapping up.
我们需要解释一下我们的结论。
But 'wrap up' has another meaning.
但是“wrap up”还有另外一个意思。
To 'wrap something up' also means to end it or to finish it.
“wrap something up”也表示结束某事或完成某事。
We'd better wrap this up.
我们最好把这个包起来。
It looks like it's about to rain.
看来要下雨了。
I'm so glad we've wrapped up our assignment.
我很高兴我们完成了任务。
Now we can just enjoy the weekend!
现在我们可以尽情享受周末了!
Have you wrapped up that project yet, or are you still working on it?
你完成那个项目了吗,还是你仍然还在做?
Okay here's another phrasal verb 'wrap around' or 'wrap round'.
这是另外的动词短语“wrap around”或“wrap round”。
And the meaning is quite literal it means to put something around something else.
它的字面意思是把某物放在另一物周围。
You do need to notice that when using this phrasal verb
你需要注意的是,当你使用这个动词短语的时候,
you need to be clear what is being wrapped around what
你需要弄清楚她身上裹着的是什么
She's over there with the purple towel wrapped around her.
她身上裹着的是紫色的毛巾。
The purple towel is wrapped around her.
她裹着紫色毛巾。
He has a tattoo wrapped around his left arm.
他左臂上有一个纹身。
It's a beautiful painting.
这是一幅美丽的画。
I love how her arm is wrapped around his waist.
我喜欢她搂着他的腰。
Each of the little cupcakes had a bow wrapped around it.
每个小蛋糕上都有一个蝴蝶结。
It was so sweet.
它是如此可爱。
This one is one of my favourites!
这是我的最爱之一!
It's similar to have someone wrapped around one's finger or one's little finger.
它类似于有人用手指或小指缠着你。
This idiom means to have complete control over someone.
这个习语的意思是完全控制某人。
It's a little mischievous
有些恶作剧的意味
because if you have someone wrapped around your finger, you can manipulate them or make them do what you want.
因为如果你有一个人缠着你的手指,你可以操纵他们或让他们做你想做的事。
My friend's daughter has her dad wrapped around her little finger.
我朋友的女儿缠着她爸爸。
She can do whatever she likes and whatever wants.
她想做什么就做什么。
She will never get in trouble.
她永远不会有麻烦。
He buys her anything that she asks for.
她要什么他就给她买什么。
She's got him wrapped around her finger.
她把他缠住了。
Once you've got him wrapped around your finger, ask him to fly you to Paris on his next business trip!
一旦你把他缠住了,让他下次出差带你去巴黎!
To keep something under wraps.
对某事保密。
This expression is used to say that something is concealed or being kept a secret.
这个表达用来表示某事被隐藏或被保守秘密。
We've got some really exciting news,
我们有一些非常令人兴奋的消息,
but we're trying to keep it under wraps until my mom gets here on Friday!
但是我们会尽量保密,直到我妈妈周五来!
The government failed to keep the news under wraps.
政府没有将消息保密。
Let's try and keep it under wraps until the weekend.
我们尽量保密到周末吧。
And that's a wrap! Or it's a wrap!
这就是结束!或者它是一个结束!
Remember earlier that I mentioned the phrasal verb 'wrap up' can also mean to finish?
还记得我之前提到过短语动词“wrap up”也可以表示完成?
Well this expression is similar it's used to announce the end of something.
这个表达和这个很相似,它是用来宣告某事的结束的。
It's usually said right at the moment that an activity is finished, to say that something has been successfully completed.
通常是在一项活动结束的那一刻,表示某事已经成功完成。
Okay everyone!
好了各位!
That's a wrap!
这就是wrap!
Great work!
做得很好!
It's often used at the end on film sets or at the end of filming.
它经常在电影片场或电影拍摄结束时使用。
And that's a wrap!
这就是wrap!
Well, not quiet, but that's all of the expressions that I wanted to share with you using the word 'wrap'.
嗯,不安静,但这就是我想和你分享的所有使用“wrap”这个词的表达方式。
Did you know many of them?
你认识很多其中的吗?
I hope that you've got a few new ones to practise with this week
我希望这周可以有新的词汇来练习
while you're wrapping your Christmas presents or wrapping people around your fingers.
当你包装圣诞礼物或用手指缠绕人们时。
Make sure you subscribe to my channel by clicking that red button down there.
点击下面那个红色按钮,确保你订阅了我的频道。
I make new lessons every week.
我每周上新课。
Then check out that video right there, it's been selected especially for you
然后看看那个视频,它是专门为你挑选的,
or if you're feeling Christmassy,
如果你想过圣诞节,
make sure you check out my Christmas playlist right here, there's lots of Christmas vocabulary
一定要看看我的圣诞歌单,里面有很多圣诞词汇
and you'll get to see what I'll be cooking this Christmas.
你会看到今年圣诞节我要做什么。
If you do celebrate Christmas, enjoy the festive season!
如果你要庆祝圣诞节,那就好好享受这个节日吧!
Thanks for watching and I'll see you next week.
谢谢收看,下周见。
Or next year.
或者说明年见。
Bye for now!
再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
literal ['litərəl]

想一想再看

adj. 逐字的,字面上的,文字的
n. 错误

联想记忆
mischievous ['mistʃivəs]

想一想再看

adj. 调皮的,恶作剧的,有害的,伤人的

联想记忆
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
informal [in'fɔ:məl]

想一想再看

adj. 非正式的,不拘形式的

 
waist [weist]

想一想再看

n. 腰,腰部

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
bow [bau]

想一想再看

n. 弓
n. 鞠躬,蝴蝶结,船头

 
describe [dis'kraib]

想一想再看

vt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成

联想记忆
pronunciation [prə.nʌnsi'eiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 发音

联想记忆
assignment [ə'sainmənt]

想一想再看

n. 分配,功课,任务,被指定的(课外)作业;(分派的)

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。