Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
Our phrase this week comes from the movie "Fast and Furious 9".
我们这周的短语出自电影《速度与激情9》。
It is the latest in a series of films about Dom Toretto.
这是有关唐·特雷托的系列电影中最新的一部。
This time the team's job is to stop a plot by his brother.
这一次,这个团队的任务是阻止他弟弟的阴谋。
Listen for the term "take you down".
留意听一下take you down这个短语。
So we're up against a master thief, assassin.
所以我们面对的是一个大盗,刺客。
I came here to take you down, little brother!
我来这里是要打倒你的,小老弟!
That's your mistake, this is my world.
那你就错了,这是我的地盘。
Do you know what "take you down" means?
你知道take you down是什么含义吗?
Is it: I want to destroy you or I want to race you?
是我要消灭你,还是我要和你比赛?
Listen again, were you right?
再听一遍,你答对了吗?
So we're up against a master thief, assassin.
所以我们面对的是一个大盗,刺客。
I came here to take you down, little brother!
我来这里是要打倒你的,小老弟!
That's your mistake, this is my world.
那你就错了,这是我的地盘。
"Take you down" means I want to destroy you.
Take you down的意思是我要消灭你。
In the movie, Jacob wants to sabotage Dom.
在这部电影里,雅克布想要打败唐。
This phrase is a negative one, and sometimes used between two people who are competing.
这个短语是一个贬义词,有时会用在两个竞争的人之间。
One may say to the other, "I'm going to take you down. I'm going to put you out of business."
其中一个人可能对另外一个人说:“我要击垮你。我要让你破产。”
And that is English @ the Movies. I'm Anne Ball.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。我是安妮·鲍尔。