手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

在北极一口气跑14个马拉松是什么体验?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

The Ultra 6633 is a 352 mile-long race across the Arctic.

Ultra 6633是一场全程352英里(约566千米)的穿越北极大赛。

It's cold.

不仅冷。

"It didn't really get above minus 45."

“比赛环境的温度基本没有突破零下45度。”

It's long.

还很漫长。

"I think that took me 150 hours."

“我感觉我跑了150个小时。”

And most people, don't finish it.

大多数人都没能到达终点。

"It's cold!"

“好冷啊!

This is Dave Berridge.

这位是戴夫·贝里奇。

He lives on the Isle of Wight.

家住怀特岛。

"It's a small island off the south coast of England."

“这是英格兰南部海岸附近的一个小岛。”

And last year, he won the Ultra 6633.

去年,他夺得了Ultra 6633比赛的冠军。

So, I'm talking to him about what it feels like to race across the Arctic.

所以,我想跟他聊聊在北极赛跑是什么感觉。

"Come back."

“回来吧。”

A typical marathon is 26.2 miles long.

一般的马拉松全程是26.2英里(约42千米)。

So, this is like 14 of them, back-to-back.

那就相当于他跑了14个马拉松,还是不停地跑。

The distance is isolating.

那个长度就很容易让选手拉开差距。

"You're on your own for like two days at a time."

“你一个人跑两天都看不到一个人影。”

And with negative 45 degree temperatures, it feels even longer.

在零下45摄氏度的温度下,352英里的赛程感觉就更长了。

"Everything out there is big.

“周围什么东西都很大。

There's just nothing to gage distance by.

完全找不到距离参照物。

There's nothing to judge anything by.

没有任何东西可以拿来当参照。

You can see nothing but white.

除了白茫茫一片什么也看不见。

So, you start to think, on less sleep, am I dreaming this?

所以,你就会开始想,还是在缺觉的情况下,我是在做梦吗?

Am I actually moving?

我真的在动吗?

It's like being in a painting."

那感觉就好像人在画里一样。”

It took Dave six days to finish the race, and he only slept a total of 10 hours.

戴夫花了6天才跑到终点,那期间他一共只睡了10个小时。

2

"It's that exhaustion," he says, "that causes you to lose your mind."

“让你失去理智的,”他说,“就是那种疲劳。”

"Your mind just starts imagining all sorts.

“你的大脑会开始想象各种东西。

I've went through an avenue of trees and I thought I was going through a disco party,

我经过了一条两边都是树的大道,当时我就以为我是在参加一个迪斯科派对,

and every time I approached somebody, they stopped talking and just looked at me."

我每靠近一个人,他们就会停止说话,然后就那么看着我。”

But, you can't stop.

问题是,你还不能停。

"You've got to keep moving.

“你必须继续往前跑。

You think, 'What on earth is that coming towards me?'

你会想,‘朝我过来的究竟是个什么东西?’

And, you know, within two minutes you're shivering.

你也知道,这种时候,不到两分钟你就会浑身发抖。

You shouldn't have stopped to look at something that's not there."

这个时候你千万不能停下来去看,因为那个东西它根本就不存在。”

"I achieved what I wanted to achieve, and I finished it,

“我完成了我想要实完成的目标,我跑完了,

and I'm very grateful and very lucky to have finished it.

能到终点我很感激,也很幸运。

Out of all the races I've done,

在我参加过的所有比赛中,

it's one of the most mentally challenging races out there,

这是最考验心理素质的一次比赛,

and it's probably the race that commands the most respect.

可能也是最值得敬佩的一次比赛。

Anybody who finishes that will.

所有完成了这项比赛的选手都值得敬佩。

Well, I would say, they've got my admiration."

至少,我得说,他们赢得了我的敬佩。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
typical ['tipikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 典型的,有代表性的,特有的,独特的

 
negative ['negətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 否定的,负的,消极的
n. 底片,负

联想记忆
admiration [.ædmə'reiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 钦佩,赞赏

联想记忆
grateful ['greitfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 感激的,感谢的

联想记忆
challenging ['tʃælindʒiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 大胆的(复杂的,有前途的,挑战的) n. 复杂

 
achieve [ə'tʃi:v]

想一想再看

v. 完成,达到,实现

 
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。