手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > VOA一分钟美语 > 正文

提心吊胆地等待最后结果 Wait for the other shoe to drop

来源:可可英语 编辑:Andersen   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Welcome to English in a Minute from home.

欢迎来到《一分钟英语》栏目,现在我在家里面给你讲述
After a long day, it feels good to take off your shoes.
在漫长的一天过后,脱掉鞋子会感觉真爽。
Is that what this expression is describing?
这就是这个表达所描述的吗?
oh, no! Stores may start running out of coffee.
不好了!商店里的咖啡可能会断供了。
What's next? Chocolate? I have to go.
下一个会是什么呢?巧克力吗?我得走了。
Anna, where are you going?
安娜,你要去哪儿?
I'm not waiting for the other shoe to drop, Jonathan.
乔纳森,我不打算提心吊胆地等待了,到那时巧克力也买不到了。

提心吊胆

I'm going to the store right now.

我现在就去商店。
Imagine you live below a really loud neighbor.
想象一下你住在楼下,楼上的邻居制造出的噪音非常大。
Each night, he takes off his shoes and drops them on the floor.
每天晚上,他都把鞋子脱下来扔在地板上。
You hear the first loud drop and then wait for the second.
你听到第一声巨响,然后等待第二声巨响。
When we "wait for the other shoe to drop,"
当我们“等另一只鞋掉下来”时,
we wait for the next bad thing to happen.
我们也在等待之后会发生不好的事情。
And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是今天的《一分钟英语》栏目


发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。