手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学探秘之旅 > 正文

圣诞老人还是个极客大佬?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey, everyone. Laci Green here for dnews.

嘿,大家好。我是Laci Green,欢迎大家收看本期的dnews视频。

When I was a kid, I had a really hard time believing in magical things.

小时候,我就很难相信神魔鬼怪之类的东西。

My friends would write letters to Santa Claus and make him cookies.

我的朋友都会给圣诞老人写信,给他做饼干什么的。

And I'd be like, guys, sorry to burst your bubble, but he's not real.

我就会觉得,伙计们,不好意思,我要泼冷水了,圣诞老人其实是个虚构的人物噢。

Yep, I was that kid.

没错,我就是那个倒霉孩子。

How does he visit so many kids so fast?

他怎么那么快就看完了那么多小孩?

how does he know if I've been good or bad?

他怎么知道我有没有乖乖听话?

And I mean, you've never even seen him, have you?

我是说,你根本都没见过他,一次都没有,不是吗?

The impostor at the mall doesn't count.

商场里的那个冒牌儿货可不算。

These are important questions, right?

这些问题都很重要的,对吧?

Questions and good skeptic/scientist/killjoy my ass.

还是怀疑论的/科学的/扫兴的问题。

And guys, I want to keep it real, in recent years, I've learned the truth.

有一说一啊朋友们,最近几年,我已经了解到真相了。

Santa Claus is real.

圣诞老人是真的。

My 10 year old self just didn't understand the cutting edge technology Santa's been using to make it all happen.

那个10岁的我只是不知道圣诞老人为了做到上面那些事一直用到的尖端科技而已。

See, figuring out if you've been good or bad is surprisingly simple for Santa.

原来啊,圣诞老人要弄清楚你有没有乖乖听话实在是太简单不过了。

Technology to watch you without you knowing has existed for decades.

不会引起察觉的监控技术几十年前就已经有了。

I'm talking RoboRoach's who have had their brain replaced with a tiny microphone and camera.

我说的是头部变成了一个微型麦克风和摄像头的机器蟑螂。

A tiny chip in your winter cap maybe.

或者放在你冬帽里的一个小芯片那种监控?

Oh, yeah, Santa knows what's up.

是的噢,圣诞老人心里亮堂着呐。

And it's not as if he's keeping a big old list on paper like they show in the movies.

而且,他也不像电影里那样把一个又长又旧的名单写在了纸上,

Nah, man, Santa is not living in the dark ages.

当然不是了,伙计,圣诞老人又不是山顶洞人。

He's got a huge database with complex naughty and nice algorithms running alongside all of his surveillance technology.

他除了用到了各种监控技术,还有一个庞大的,运用了各种复杂、调皮又漂亮的算法的数据库。

To get all the children their gifts in time, Santa's got to go 650 miles per second.

为了让所有的孩子都能及时收到礼物,圣诞老人必须以650英里/秒的速度满世界跑。

On a regular sleigh, this would require the reindeer to endure 14.3 quintillion joules of heat.

如果是普通的雪橇,那拉雪橇的驯鹿就要面临14.3个百万三次方焦耳的热量。

They would burst into flames almost instantaneously.

也就是说它们几乎马上就会烧起来。

2

Santa himself would be pinned to a seat with 4 million pounds of centrifugal force.

圣诞老人本人也要被钉在一个有400万磅离心力的座位上才不会被甩出去。

But Santa's ride is no run-of-the-mill flying sleigh.

好在,圣诞老人乘坐的并不是普通的飞行雪橇。

He rides custom-made aerodynamic sleigh of honeycombs titanium alloy.

他乘坐的是私人定制,用蜂窝钛合金制成的空气动力学雪橇。

The whole sleigh is then enveloped in an ion shield of charged particles, allowing him to go faster than the speed of light.

不仅如此,整个雪橇还要被包裹在带有带电粒子的离子屏蔽层内,他才能跑得比光速还快。

Aaboard Santa's sleigh, you might think there's a huge red bag of gifts.

你或许会以为,圣诞老人的雪橇上还载着一个巨大的,装满礼物的红口袋。

But you'd be wrong.

这么想你可就大错特错了。

It's actually a highly specialized transportable nanotech factory.

那其实是一个高度专业化的便携式纳米技术工厂。

Within that bag, old wrapping paper, candy canes, chimney ash, cookie crumbs,

袋子里有旧包装纸,拐杖糖,烟囱灰,饼干屑,

they're being broken down to their base elements and rearrange to quickly produce videogames, Legos, walking talking dolls.

但这些东西都被分解成了各种基本元素,只需加以重新组合,就能迅速变成电脑游戏、乐高、会动还会说话的娃娃等等。

As the atoms of each toy are arranged for rapid delivery,

每个玩具(礼物)的原子进行重新排列并等待派送,

santa's slip-on is ultra lightweight metamaterial invisibility cloak.

圣诞老人那套穿脱零负担的行头则是一个超轻的超材料隐形斗篷。

The ability to manipulate the path of light.

那玩意儿还具有操纵光线传播路径的能力。

Your eyesight is based on the reflection of light.

我们看东西都是以光的反射为原理的。

And Santa's invisibility cloak has the ability to change those reflections you see.

圣诞老人的隐形斗篷却能改变你看到的那些反射。

As it changes the angle of the light, you can look right at him without ever seeing him.

斗篷改变了光线传播的角度,你就算站在他面前看你也看不到他。

Now, I know, this may be hard to believe,

我也知道,雪橇的速度要超过光速,送礼物还不能被人发现,

a sleigh faster than the speed of light and invisible gift-giving, these are no simple tasks.

这些事情都让人很难相信,因为这些工作可不轻松啊。

But mere humans are already well on their way to developing these real-life technologies.

但偏偏人类就已经在研发这些现实技术的路上走了很远了。

There just happens to be a magical man with a fiercely intelligent squad of elves sleighing away in the North Pole,

只是碰巧有这么一个奇人,带着一队极其聪明的精灵在北极架着雪橇,

making it happen that's much faster.

把节奏搞得快了很多而已。

And his name is Claus. Santa Claus.

他的名字就是老人。圣诞老人。

Happy Christmas everybody.

那就给大家伙儿拜个早年吧。新年快乐了您内。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
delivery [di'livəri]

想一想再看

n. 递送,交付,分娩

 
invisible [in'vizəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 看不见的,无形的
n. 隐形人(或物

 
shield ['ʃi:ld]

想一想再看

n. 盾,防卫物,盾状物
vt. 保护,遮蔽

 
skeptic ['skeptik]

想一想再看

n. 怀疑者,怀疑论者,无神论者

 
bubble ['bʌbl]

想一想再看

n. 气泡,泡影
v. 起泡,冒泡

 
reflection [ri'flekʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反映,映像,折射,沉思,影响

联想记忆
microphone ['maikrəfəun]

想一想再看

n. 麦克风,扩音器

联想记忆
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
base [beis]

想一想再看

n. 基底,基础,底部,基线,基数,(棒球)垒,[化]碱

 
candy ['kændi]

想一想再看

n. 糖果
vt. 用糖煮,使结晶为砂糖

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。