手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 那些你不知道的故事 > 正文

为海马量身打造一个专属家园

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

They call me "the Seahorse Whisperer".

大家都叫我“海马语者”。

I do 221 dives a year.

我一年潜水221次。

"All right, here we go."

“好的,那我下去了。”

If you went with me,

和我一起的话,

you and I would be the only two people out of 50 million that would see one.

你我将是5000万人中仅有的两个看到过海马的人。

That's how rare it is.

就这么稀有。

Ever since I was a kid living in Iowa, I always dreamt about the ocean.

小时候住在爱荷华州的时候,我就会经常幻想大海。

I am not trained as a scientist, but I've always had an interest.

我没有受过科学家那种训练,但我一直都对科学挺感兴趣的。

My name is Roger Hansen.

我叫罗杰·汉森。

I have probably spent more time with the seahorse Hippocampus ingens than anyone else in the world.

我和太平洋海马待在一起的时间可以说比任何人都久。

I saw my first seahorse here in Southern California in Alamitos Bay January 30th, 2016.

2016年1月30日,我在南加州的阿拉米托斯湾这儿看到了我生平看到的第一只海马。

I was absolutely stunned.

我一下子就被惊呆了。

I did recognize how uniquely different the creature was.

我当时就意识到这种生物有多独特了。

I was afraid they would leave.

我很担心他们会离开(地球)。

I knew how rare they were then.

我当时就知道它们有多稀有了。

So I went down that night and built my first biome out of sticks palm fronds and pine branches.

所以那天晚上我就下去用树枝、棕榈叶和松枝搭了我的第一个生态圈。

They named it Atlantis.

他们给它起了个名字,叫“亚特兰蒂斯”。

And they loved the sticks.

它们很喜欢那些棍子。

They wrapped their little tails around them.

会用它们的小尾巴缠在上面。

So I think I just guessed what they might like.

我当时就觉得,我可能已经猜到它们喜欢什么了。

So I built two more biomes sister communities.

于是,我又搭了两个姐妹生态圈。

One I called Vegas and the other one I called the Bellagio.

一个叫“维加斯”,一个叫“贝拉吉奥”。

After a while by the numbers I was seeing, they had set up a colony.

过了一段时间,从我看到的海马的数量来看,它们已经在那儿安居乐业了。

And guess what, if you build it, they will come.

所以,你猜怎么着,只要你搭(生态圈),他们就一定会来。

It's captured interests not just in California but worldwide.

我的举动不仅吸引了加州的兴趣,也吸引了全世界人的兴趣。

To have them up this far up the coast is absolutely totally rare.

把它们养在距离海边这么远的地方绝对是非常罕见的一件事。

3

I started to learn things about measurement and taking good data.

后来,我就开始学习测量和正确的数据采集方法等知识了。

I've kept track for four years of all movements, of all sea horses.

我做了四年的纪录,记下了它们所有的活动,而且每一只都没有落下。

I have four notebooks, each for each year of the study.

已经用了四个本子了,一年一本。

And in them I take information, like tide, water temperature, UV rays,

里面纪录的信息有潮汐啊,水温啊,紫外线啊,

what phase we are in the moon, because all these things affect the sea horses.

还有月相之类的,因为这些因素都会影响到海马的活动。

To my knowledge, I am the only one in the world that are tracking this particular species this way.

据我所知,我是世界上唯一一个以这种方式追踪这种特殊物种的人。

I do not get paid.

我做这个是没有工资的。

I Dive probably a thousand five hundred miles a month and why do I do it?

为了做这个事情我一个月就要开将近1500英里的路,我图什么呢?

Two reasons.

两个方面。

One for science.

一个是为了科学。

Secondly, I guess it's like those wild kitties that you feed that are in your neighborhood,

再一个就是,我感觉,这事儿就跟你喂小区里的小野猫一样,

I really liked him, and we developed a relationship, they liked me too.

我真心喜欢它,我们逐渐就有了感情,它们也开始喜欢我了。

I started to learn about them and realize what a superior species.

我开始对它们有了了解,开始意识到它们原来是那么优越的一个物种。

There's never a fighting. Never.

它们从来不打架。从来都不打。

It's just gentle, beauty.

就很温柔,还很漂亮。

And when you live with gentle beauty for long enough, it starts to affect you a great deal.

当你和温柔又漂亮的它们呆久了,你的性情也会发生很大的变化。

To the point where I started saying Roger, why can't you be nicer to people, like these little creatures are nice to each other.

我就开始觉得,罗杰,你对大家就不能好一点吗,就像这些小家伙对待彼此那样。

That's really what happened.

事实的确如此。

I consider myself a part of the herd.

我觉得我也是它们中间的一员了。

A little bit bigger, a lot older, but, yes, friends.

只不过比它们大点儿,比它们老了许多,但,嗯,绝对是它们的朋友。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
measurement ['meʒəmənt]

想一想再看

n. 测量,衡量,尺寸,大小

 
temperature ['tempritʃə(r)]

想一想再看

n. 温度,气温,体温,发烧

 
species ['spi:ʃiz]

想一想再看

n. (单复同)物种,种类

 
rare [rɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 稀罕的,稀薄的,罕见的,珍贵的
ad

 
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
particular [pə'tikjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的
n.

联想记忆
colony ['kɔləni]

想一想再看

n. 殖民地,侨民,侨居地,聚居(地), 群体,菌落

 
gentle ['dʒentl]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的

 
pine [pain]

想一想再看

n. 松树,松木
vi. 消瘦,憔悴,渴望

联想记忆
recognize ['rekəgnaiz]

想一想再看

vt. 认出,认可,承认,意识到,表示感激

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 又环保又性感的自行车 2020-06-30
  • "我爱妈妈"纹身的由来 2020-07-02
  • 恢复欧洲大地的野性 2020-07-07
  • 美国以前就有个特朗普? 2020-07-09
  • 如何尖叫不伤嗓子? 2020-07-11
  • 发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。