手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲视频 > 正文

我对网络色情狂进行的反击

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Can I get a show of hands who here has ever Googled themselves? I have.

能请曾在谷歌上搜索过自己的人举个手吗?我搜过。
But what started off as momentary curiosity very quickly turned into an almost five-year horrific battle that almost ruined my life.
但原本只是片刻的好奇,却很快变成了一场近五年的可怕抗争,差一点毁了我的人生。
I Google Images reverse-searched myself:
我使用谷歌图片反向搜索了我自己:
a function of Google that allows you to upload an image and it shows you where it is on the internet.
这是谷歌的一个功能,你可以上传一张图片,它便会显示出这张图片在网络上的哪些地方可以看到它。
This is me at 17 years old. An innocent selfie I took before a party.
这是我17岁的时候。我在参加派对之前拍的一张天真的自拍照。
Now, before I continue, I must point out that what I'm about to talk about is very confronting and graphic.
在我继续讲之前,我必须先申明,我接下来要谈论的内容会非常有攻击性且敏感。
But there's no way out. This is a very confronting issue.
但我别无选择。这是一个非常有攻击性的问题。
In a split second, my screen was flooded with that image and dozens more images of me
在一瞬间,我的屏幕充斥了那张照片,还有数十张我的照片,
that had been stolen from my social media, on links connected to porn sites.
都是从我的社交媒体上窃取之后放到色情网站的链接上。
On these sites, nameless, faceless sexual predators
在这些网站上,匿名的、没有露脸的色狼们
had published highly explicit sexual commentary about me and what they'd like to do to me.
发表了针对我的非常露骨的色情评论,并描述了他们想对我做什么。
"Cover her face and we'd fuck her body," one person wrote.
“遮住她的脸,我们要干她的身子。”一个人这么写道。
They also published identifying information about me: where I lived, what I studied, who I was.
他们还发布了我的私人信息:我住在哪里,我在哪里读书,我是谁。
But things got worse. I soon discovered that these sexual predators
但是事情越来越可怕。我很快发现了这些色情狂们
had doctored or photoshopped my face onto the bodies of naked adult actresses engaged in sexual intercourse,
把我的脸进行篡改或者放到了正在进行性交的裸体成人女星身体上,
on solo shots of me being ejaculated on by two men.
还伪造我的独照,照片上是我被两个男人射精。
Sperm was edited onto my face. I was edited onto the cover of a porn DVD.
精液被编辑到了我的脸上。把我编辑到色情DVD的封面上。
Now, you might be wondering, what sorts of images I posted on social media.
你们或许在想,我在社交媒体上发了什么样的照片?
This is me, at around 19 at the Claremont Hotel, just a few suburbs away.
这是我,大约19岁时,在克莱尔蒙特酒店,离这里只有几个区块。
And they superimposed that face into this. And things got worse.
而他们把那张脸拼到了这种照片上面。事情继续恶化。
Nothing was off limits for these predators. They even posted an image with my little sister on these sites too.
这些色情狂没有任何下限。他们甚至把我妹妹的照片也发到这些网上。
Now, you might be thinking, "Well, you do dress provocatively, even a little sexually suggestive, attention seeking maybe."
你们可能在想,“你确实穿着挑逗,甚至有一点性暗示意味,可能是为了吸引眼球。”
But just because a woman's body gets attention, doesn't mean she's attention-seeking.
但仅仅因为一名女性的身体吸引注意,并不代表她在博得注意。
And what is provocative anyway, what is sexually suggestive?
而且说到底什么叫“挑逗”,什么是“性暗示”?
In some parts of the world, showing your ankles is promiscuous, is provocative.
在世界上某些地方,露出脚踝就是淫乱的、暴露的。
It's just like, no matter what a woman wears, it's always perceived as more sexual than it is.
这就好像是不管一名女性穿着如何,她总会被看作是比本意更有性的意味。
For me, I just wanted to feel pretty and confident. What's so wrong with that?
对于我来说,我只想让自己感觉美丽自信。这有什么大错?
Now, you might be thinking, "Well, can't you just set your social media on private?"
你或许在想,“你就不能把社交媒体设成私人可见吗?”
Well, these perpetrators were calculated.
这些加害者可是早有预谋的。
They befriended my friends on social media under fake profiles,
他们在社交媒体上用虚假账号加了我的朋友,
they followed the public galleries of the events and places I regularly visited.
他们关注了我频繁拜访的公共美术馆、活动和地点。
But why? Why should one have to retreat and hide out of fear that something like this could happen?
但为什么?为什么一个人要因为害怕这种事情发生而不得不退缩、躲藏起来?
What I post and what I wear isn't an invitation to violate and abuse me.
我发的内容、我穿的服饰并不是在邀请人来侵犯羞辱我。
The only person that should be changing their behavior is the perpetrators.
唯一应当改变行为的人是那些加害者们。
Now, you might be thinking, why me?
你们可能会想,为什么是我?
Well, I'm just one of the thousands upon thousands of ordinary women
我只是成千上万个平凡女性中的一员,
who are being preyed upon in these mass-scale, horrific online cultures, websites and threads
我们都是被大规模的、可怖的网上文化、网站和帖子狩猎,
that are dedicated to sexually exploiting and doctoring ordinary images of women into porn.
这些网站致力于把女性的正常照片篡改成色情图片并加以性剥削。
As I speak, there are women who are being preyed upon, and they don't even know it.
就在我说话的时候,就有女性被捕猎,而她们对此甚至一无所知。

我对网络色情狂进行的反击

In the beginning, I tried seeking help.

刚开始,我试图寻求帮助。
I went to police, I contacted government agencies,
我去了警察局,我联系了政府机构,
I even tried to hire a private investigator, but they were too expensive.
我甚至尝试雇佣私人侦探,但他们的费用实在太高。
There was nothing that they could do.
他们对此无能为力。
I mean, what could you do when the sites are hosted overseas and the perpetrators are from overseas?
我的意思是,当这些网站的服务器在海外,加害者也在海外时,你又能怎么办?
I was told I had to contact the sites one by one, notifying the webmasters to get everything deleted.
我被告知,我只能一个个联系那些网站,通知网站管理员删掉所有内容。
And so as you can imagine, in complete and utter fear and pain, I did.
就像你们想的那样,在满腹恐惧和剜心痛苦之中,我照做了。
I contacted the webmasters, requesting that they delete the material shared without consent.
我联系了网站管理员,请求他们删除未经我同意分享的内容。
And I had some successes, but I also had some major setbacks.
我获得了些许成功,但也受到了巨大的挫折。
The more I fought, the more sites I would discover,
我越是抗争,就越会发现更多的网站,
and with time, the more my images were being seen and shared in the tens of thousands.
随着时间推移,更多我的图片数以万计地被浏览、被分享。
I had one webmaster respond to me saying he'll only delete the site if I sent him nude photos of myself within 24 hours.
还有一个网站管理员回复我说,只有当我在24小时内发给他我的裸照后,他才会删除网站。
And this went on for years, fighting against these dodgy, disgusting sites. But I was fighting a losing battle.
这一切持续了很多年,我一直在和这些阴险的、恶心的网站斗争。但我在打一场不可能赢的斗争。
And I couldn't continue this any longer for my own mental health. But what could I do?
为了我的心理健康,我也无法再继续下去了。可我该怎么办?
Maybe, I thought, if I spoke out, I could reclaim my name, and I could rewrite my narrative on my own terms.
我心想,也许,如果我发声,我就能夺回我的名誉,就能用我自己的方式重写我的故事。
Maybe if I spoke out, I could raise awareness about this.
也许,如果我发声,我就能唤起对这个问题的关注。
Maybe I could even try to change the law. And so I did.
也许,我甚至能试图改变法律。于是,我站出来了。
I spoke out publicly late last year and news of my story reverberated around the world. But this was the response.
去年底,我在公开场合发声,关于我这个故事的新闻在世界各地引起反响。但这是我得到的答复。
"She's a fat, ugly slut, she's a whore." "She's an attention-seeking piece of trash."
“她是个又肥又丑的骚货,她是个婊子。”“她是个博取眼球的贱人。”
"Feel flattered, baby, it's a compliment."
“还不跪谢,小妞,这是在夸你呢。”
I was victim-blamed and slut-shamed and told I was deserving of what happened to me.
我作为受害者被指责,遭到了荡妇羞辱,他们说我身上发生的事是活该。
And quite frankly, that was more difficult for me to endure than my actual experiences of image-based abuse.
坦白地说,这比我实际受到图片羞辱的经历还要难以忍受。
But I couldn't let this criticism defeat me.
但我不能让这些指责将我击垮。
I knew what the perpetrators had done was wrong, and I knew what they were doing to others was wrong.
我知道,加害者的所作所为是错误的,我知道,他们正对别人做的事是错误的。
And so I petitioned. I sent out impassioned pleas for support. But it didn't work.
于是我发起了请愿。我慷慨陈词,请求他人支持。但并没有用。
I think I got like 330 signatures. And that was really disheartening.
我可能收集到了330个签名。这实在是让人心灰意冷。
But I then contacted my state and federal MPs.
但接下来,我联系了我的州府和联邦议员。
And I was referred to the New South Wales Attorney General's department,
我被介绍去了新南威尔士州司法部,
who were already in the process of drafting new laws to criminalize the nonconsensual distribution of intimate images.
他们已经在着手起草新的法律,将未经同意散布亲密图像定为刑事犯罪。
Image-based sexual abuse. Some of you might know it as revenge porn.
以图像为手段的性虐待。你们中有的人可能知道,它也被称作“复仇色情”。
And soon I became a spokesperson, a public face for the new laws.
很快我成为了发言人,成为了新法律的公众面孔。
But I must point out, I do not in any way, shape or form want to take credit for this change in the law.
但我必须指出,我不想以任何方法、途径与形式,把这次法律上的修改视为自己的功劳。
This is on the backs of cybersafety experts, of researchers,
它是归功于网络安全专家、研究者、
of the Attorney General's department, of so many people who have fought for years.
司法部,以及无数为之奋斗了多年的人们。
New South Wales was the first state in all the world to specifically include a provision on altering images.
新南威尔士州是世界上第一个明确地将被篡改的图像加入法律条款的州。
Something that happened to me, something you certainly don't hear about very often.
我遇到了这种事,各位肯定不会经常听说这种事。
And now ACT has also criminalized this, also with a provision on altered images.
如今,澳大利亚首都领地也将视其为犯罪,同样包括被篡改的图像。
And next year, WA is introducing legislation and hopefully, they introduce a provision on altered images
明年,西澳大利亚州也将立法,希望他们也把被篡改的图像加入法律条款中,
and I urge every state and every country in this world to follow suit,
同时,我敦促世界上所有州、所有国家也效仿,
because right now, there's no justice for people like me.
因为现在,像我一样的人得不到任何公道。
Despite it all, despite the hate and despite the criticism, despite the fact that I'm never going to get justice,
尽管发生这一切,尽管饱受仇恨与指责,尽管我永不可能得到公道,
because my experiences happened before this movement of law reform,
因为我的事件发生在这次法律修订运动之前,
speaking out was the best thing I've ever done, because I know for a fact that it has helped people.
站出来发声仍然是我做过的最好的事情,因为我清楚地知道,有人能因此获救。
And I just want to live in a world where, regardless of what I wear or what I post,
而我只想生活在一个无论我穿什么、无论我发布什么,
that I'm still worthy of being treated with dignity and respect.
都仍能获得尊严与尊重的世界。
Respect. Now, that's an idea worth sharing. Thank you.
学会尊重。那才是值得分享的理念。谢谢。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
retreat [ri'tri:t]

想一想再看

n. 休息寓所,撤退,隐居
v. 撤退,向后倾

联想记忆
impassioned [im'pæʃənd]

想一想再看

adj. 慷慨激昂的,热烈的 动词impassion的过

联想记忆
solo ['səuləu]

想一想再看

n. 独奏,独唱
adj. 单独的

联想记忆
attorney [ə'tə:ni]

想一想再看

n. (辩护)律师

联想记忆
engaged [in'geidʒd]

想一想再看

adj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的

 
innocent ['inəsnt]

想一想再看

adj. 清白的,无辜的,无害的,天真纯洁的,无知的

联想记忆
split [split]

想一想再看

n. 劈开,裂片,裂口
adj. 分散的

 
mental ['mentl]

想一想再看

adj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的
n. 精

联想记忆
distribution [.distri'bju:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 分发,分配,散布,分布

联想记忆
provocative [prə'vɔkətiv]

想一想再看

adj. 气人的,挑拨的,刺激的
n. 刺激物

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。