手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > NBA球星感人演讲 > 正文

迈克尔·乔丹的篮球名人堂演讲(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Phil Jackson. Phil Jackson is a -- to me, he's a professional Dean Smith.

菲尔·杰克逊。对于我来说,菲尔·杰克逊就是我职业生涯的“迪恩·史密斯”。
He challenged me mentally, not just physically.
他不仅锻炼我的身体,也锻炼我的意志。
You know, he understood the game, along with Tex Winter.
他对比赛有独到的见解,与泰克斯·温特一起。
They taught me a lot about the basketball game -- Tex being the specialist -- you know I could never please Tex.
他们教会了我很多关于比赛的东西,泰克斯是一位专家,我永远无法让他满意。
And I love Tex. Tex is not here, but I know he's here in spirit.
我爱泰克斯,虽然他今天不在,但是我知道他的精神在这里。
I can remember a game coming off the basketball court, and we were down, I don't know 5-10 points,
我记得有一场比赛,我们好像当时落后5到10分吧,
and I go off for about 25 points and we come back and win the game.
然后我上场独得25分,我们逆转了比赛。
And we're walking off the floor and Tex look at me and says, "you know, there's no 'i' in team".
我们走下场时泰克斯看着我说:“你得知道,球队这词里是没有个人的(Team里面没有I)”
And I said, "Tex, there's not, there's not an 'i' in team, but there's an 'i' in win.".
我说:“泰克斯,你说得对,球队这个词里是没有个人的,但是胜利这个词里有(Win里面有I)。”
I think he got my message: I'll do anything to win.
我想他应该明白我的意思了:只要能赢让我干什么都行。
You know, if that means we play team format, we win.
为了胜利,我们可以打整体篮球。
If that means I have to do whatever I have to do, we gonna win no matter how you look at it.
为了胜利,我也一定会尽我所能,无论别人如何评价。
And then we had all those media nay-sayers.
那是我们遇到了各种各样的媒体质疑。
"Oh, scoring champion can't win an NBA title."
“噢,得分王拿不了总冠军。”
Or "you're not as good as Magic Johnson, you're not as good as Larry Bird
或者是,“你比不上魔术师,你比不上拉里·伯德,
you're good, but you're not as good as those guys."
你很强,但就是比不上他们。”
You know, I had to listen to all of this -- and that put so much wool on that fire
我必须得承受这些话,这些话给我的心底那团火添了很多薪柴,
that it kept me -- each and everyday, trying to get better as a basketball player.
让我每一天都在努力变成一个更好的篮球运动员。
Now I'm not saying that they were wrong -- I may have looked at it from a different perspective.
我没说过他们错了,只是我会从不同的角度解读这些话。
But at the same time, as a basketball player I'm trying to become the best that I can, you know,
但与此同时,作为篮球运动员,我会争取做最好的自己,
and for someone like me who achieved a lot over the course of my career
对于我这么一个在整个职业生涯获得了这么多的人,
you look for any kind of messages that people may say or do
你必须正视很多人说的话和他们的行为,
to get you motivated to play the game of basketball at the highest level,
让你有动力以最高水平去打篮球比赛,
because that is when I feel like I excel at my best.
因为这就是我如何成为最好的自己的方式。
And my last example of that -- and the last one that you guys have probably seen
我最后一个要谈到的,你们可能见过的最后的一个家伙,
I hate to do it to him, but he's such a nice guy and uh.
我不想这么对他的,他是个好人啊。
When I first met Bryon Russell -- John and Karl should remember this -- I was in Chicago in 1994.
当我第一次遇见拜伦·拉塞尔--约翰·斯托克顿和卡尔·马龙应该还记得--当时是在1994年的芝加哥。

迈克尔·乔丹的篮球名人堂演讲

I was working out for baseball, and they came down for a workout and shoot-around and I came over to say hello.

当时我在打职业棒球,他们过来练习并进行投篮训练,我过去和他们打招呼。
And at this time I had no thoughts of coming back and playing the game of basketball,
那个时候,我根本就没有想过回来打篮球,
and Bryon Russell came over to me and said, "You know what man, why'd you quit? Why'd you quit?
拜伦·拉塞尔过来跟我说:“伙计,为什么你要离开?为什么你要离开?
You know I could guard you. If I ever see you in a pair of shorts.
我可以防住你的。你再穿上篮球裤,我就会防死你。
If I ever see you in a pair of shorts." Remember this, John?
你再穿上篮球裤,我就会防死你。”还记得吗,约翰?
So when I did decide to come back in 1995, and then we played Utah in '96,
所以当我在1995年决定复出,在1996年我们对阵犹他的时候,
I'm at the Center Circle and Bryon Russell is sitting next to me and I look over at Bryan and I said,
当时我在中圈,拜伦·拉塞尔坐在我旁边,我看着他说:
"Do you remember this conversation you made in 1994?
你还记得你1994年跟我的对话吗?
Or when you, 'I think I can guard you, I can shut you down, and I would love to play against you.'
当时你说,‘我觉得我可以防住你,我可以击垮你,我很想和你对位。’
Well, you about to get your chance."
好了,你现在得到这个机会了。”
And believe me, ever since that day, he got his chance.
相信我,从那天起他迎来了他的机会,
I don't know how succeeding he was, but I think he had his chance,
我不知道他当时算不算得上成功,但我认为他迎来了他的机会,
and believe me, I relished on that point, and from this day forward if I ever see him in shorts, I'm coming at him.
相信我,我很享受,从这一天开始,如果我看到他穿着短裤,我就会扑向他。
I know you guys gotta go -- I know I've been up here a lot longer than I told my friends I was going to be up here.
我知道你们得走了,我知道我在这里待的时间比我告诉朋友们的要长得多。
I cried. I was supposed to go up here say 'thank you' and walk off, and I didn't even do that, so uh.
我还哭了。原本我只想站上来,说个“谢谢”就走人的,而我却没这么做。
As I close -- the game of basketball has been everything to me.
最后我想说,篮球就是我的一切。
My refuge. My place I've always gone when I needed to find comfort and peace.
我的避难所。当我需要安慰和平静的时候总想去的地方。
It's been a source of intense pain, and a source of most intense feelings of joy and satisfaction.
它是我生命痛苦的来源,同样也是我生命中最大的喜悦和满足感的来源。
And one that no one can even imagine.
一个没有人能想象得出的东西。
It's been a relationship that has evolved over time, and given me the greatest respect and love for the game.
随着时间的推移,我们之间的关系也在不断发展,这也给了我对这项运动最大的尊重和热爱。
It has provided me with a platform to share my passion with millions
它为我提供了一个与数百万人分享我的激情的平台,
in a way I neither expected nor could have imagined in my career.
以一种我在职业生涯中从未期望过也无法想象的方式。
I hope that it's given the millions of people that I've touched,
我希望通过它传递给所有受到我触动的人,
the optimism and the desire to achieve their goals through hard-work, perseverance, and positive attitude.
一种通过努力工作、坚持不懈和积极的态度来实现目标的乐观和愿望。
Although I'm recognized with this tremendous honor of being in the basketball Hall of Fame
虽然我获得了进入篮球名人堂的巨大荣誉,
I don't look at this moment as a defining end to my relationship with the game of basketball.
但是我并不认为这一刻是我和篮球关系的终结。
It's simply a continuation of something that I started a long time ago.
这只是我很久以前就开始做的一件事情的延续。
One day you might look up and see me playing the game at 50.
也许有一天你会看到一个50岁的我在打比赛。
Oh don't laugh. Never say never. Because limits, like fears are often just an illusion.
哦,不要笑。永远别说永不。因为很多所谓的极限,比如说恐惧,只是幻象而已。
Thank you very much.
非常感谢各位。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
optimism ['ɔptimizəm]

想一想再看

n. 乐观,乐观主义

联想记忆
comfort ['kʌmfət]

想一想再看

n. 舒适,安逸,安慰,慰藉
vt. 安慰,使

联想记忆
perspective [pə'spektiv]

想一想再看

n. 远景,看法,透视
adj. 透视的

联想记忆
circle ['sə:kl]

想一想再看

n. 圈子,圆周,循环
v. 环绕,盘旋,包围

 
intense [in'tens]

想一想再看

adj. 强烈的,剧烈的,热烈的

联想记忆
baseball ['beis.bɔ:l]

想一想再看

n. 棒球

联想记忆
excel [ik'sel]

想一想再看

vt. 超过,优于
vi. 胜出
n

联想记忆
touched [tʌtʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的

 
illusion [i'lu:ʒən]

想一想再看

n. 幻觉,错觉,错误的信仰(或观念)

联想记忆
platform ['plætfɔ:m]

想一想再看

n. 平台,站台,月台,讲台,(政党的)政纲

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。