手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > Emma的美味英语 > 正文

第41期:给在英语国家学习英语的朋友们的建议(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   VIP免费外教试听课 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hello I'm Emma from mmmEnglish!

大家好,我是emma,来自mmmEnglish!
Since you're here at mmmEnglish, I think it's safe to assume that you're learning English right?
既然你在看mmmEnglish的这节课,我可以肯定你在学习英语,对吧?
But tell me, do you live in an English-speaking country?
告诉我,你住在讲英语的国家吗?
Or are you planning to one day?
还是你某天打算去呢?
Perhaps you're planning to study in America or live in London for a year to improve your English.
也许你打算在美国或者伦敦住一年,学习并提高自己的英语水平。
Maybe you're trying to get your visa to work in Australia or Canada.
也许你想拿到在澳大利亚或加拿大工作的签证。
I'm curious.
我很好奇。
Let me know in the comments if you are planning to study or work in an English-speaking country
如果你打算去一个说英语的国家学习或者工作的话,请在评论区中告诉我,
because living in an English-speaking country can be an incredible opportunity to improve your English
因为生活在一个说英语的国家是提高英语水平的绝佳机会。
so if you ever have the opportunity to do it, well do.
所以你有机会去的话,那就去吧。
But just because you moved to the UK, Australia, America, Canada, New Zealand,
但仅仅因为你搬到了英国、澳大利亚、美国、加拿大、新西兰,
it doesn't mean that you will suddenly speak perfect English like magic.
这并不意味着你会突然说一口流利的英语,就像是魔法一样。
It is totally possible to live in an English-speaking country and rarely use English at all.
生活在讲英语的国家,而且很少使用英语,这种情况完全可能。
So today I'm going to give you nine tips to help you make the most of your time abroad.
所以今天,我要给你九条建议,帮助你充分利用在国外的时间。
Now I've got nine but perhaps you've got a few of your own tips too.
现在我这有九条建议,可能你自己也有一些建议。
So if you do, please add them to the comments if you think I've missed any.
如果你有一些建议的话,请把你认为我遗漏的补充到评论区吧。
Even if you don't live in an English-speaking country,
即使你没有生活在说英语的国家,
you will still be able to apply some of these tips to the way that you study English in your own country.
你也可以应用这里面的一些技巧,帮助你在自己的国家学习英语。
Now living in a new country is never easy and even more of a challenge if you need to use a different language
现在,生活在一个新的国家绝非易事,如果你需要使用另一种语言的时候,这更是一个挑战。
but if you participate in your new life, you will notice a phenomenal improvement to your English language skills.
但是如果你充分融入你的新生活,你的英语能力肯定会有质的提升的。
But before I go on, make sure you subscribe to the mmmEnglish Channel.
但在我继续讲课之前,一定要订阅mmmEnglish频道。
Click that button right there and share this lesson with your friends if you think it could benefit them.
如果你认为这节课对你的朋友有好处的话,点击那里的按钮,和你的朋友分享这一课。
Share the love.
分享爱。
Tip number one: Don't live with someone who speaks your native language
建议一:不要和跟你说相同母语的人住在一起
And in my opinion, the most important one today.
在我看来,这是今天最重要的一点建议。
Now I'm sure that you would feel more comfortable sharing a house with a friend or a family member or at least someone who speaks your native language, right?
现在我确定,你会觉得和朋友、家人或者至少是跟你说相同母语的人住在一起会更舒服,对吧?
You'd probably have a whole lot of fun with them.
你可能会和他们一起相处得很愉快。
They will probably understand your jokes, they cook meals that remind you of your mum's cooking and share lots of nice memories from home.
他们很可能会理解你的笑话,他们做的饭菜会让你想起你妈妈做的菜,还会分享很多来自家的美好回忆。
But this is not going to help you to improve your English, right?
但这不会帮助你提高英语水平,对吗?
At the end of the day, no matter how motivated you think you will be,
在一天结束的时候,不管你认为自己会有多积极,

zhuwei.me_BhMlT5JEx9o.jpg

you won't be motivated to keep practising your English when it's so easy just to fall back to speaking your native language.

这个时候你太容易说回到自己的母语了,你不会有动力继续练习你的英语。
So don't even give yourself the option to be comfortable.
所以不要给自己选择舒服的机会。
Don't give yourself the option to be lazy and kind of cruise-y.
不要给自己选择懒惰和游手好闲的机会。
If you find a roommate who you'll have to keep practising English all day.
如果你找到了一个让你需要整天练习英语的室友,
As you discuss what you're going to make for dinner
当你讨论晚餐要做什么的时候,
or you're thinking 'Who took the dog for a walk?'
或者你在想“谁带狗去散步了?”
or 'Whose turn is it to clean the bathroom?'
或者“轮到谁打扫浴室了?”
In this situation, you'll have the ability to continue learning and using English and improving every day.
在这种情况下,你将能够每天继续学习和使用英语,并不断提高。
Okay so what if you don't know anyone else who you can live with?
好吧,如果你不认识其他能和你一起生活的人呢?
Well, that brings me to tips number two and three.
嗯,这让我想到了第二和第三条建议。
Don't limit yourself to only native English speakers
不要把自己只局限于与英语母语者交往
Native English speakers are not the only people that you can learn from.
你并不是只能向英语母语者学习。
Other English language learners, who don't speak the same native languages as you, are an incredible resource for you.
其他那些和你说不一样的母语的英语学习者们,对你来说是绝佳的资源。
Spending time with or even living with other English-language learners can be a great way to avoid speaking your native language.
花时间和其他英语学习者呆在一起,甚至和他们一起生活,是避免说母语的好办法。
And doing so will help you to feel less nervous or stressed about making mistakes, right?
这样做可以帮助你减少犯错时的紧张和压力,对吧?
You'll feel more comfortable asking questions or trying out new vocabulary with someone who is also learning just like you.
你会觉得和那些像你一样正在学习的人一起提问或者尝试新词汇会更舒服。
Someone who is patient and willing to help.
你也可以和有耐心并愿意帮助的人待在一起。
You'll share new words as you come across them and chat about some of the embarrassing moments that you've had.
你们可以分享碰到的新单词,聊聊一些你曾经遇到过的尴尬时刻。
But what if you don't know anybody else who's also studying English?
但是如果你不认识其他也在学英语的人呢?
How do you find these people?
该怎么找到这些人?
Don't just sit around and wait for new friends to find you, connect with people through social networks.
不要只是坐着等新朋友找到你,通过社交网络与人们联系。
Facebook groups, Meetup groups, your local library, or community groups are a great start.
Facebook群组、Meetup群组、你当地的图书馆或社区团体都是一个很好的开始。
Most cities around the world have hundreds of online communities full of people just like you.
世界上大多数城市都有成百上千的网上社区,里面都是和你一样的人。
So find groups of other expats or language learners or non-native English speakers who are living in that city.
所以,寻找一批居住在这个城市的其他的外籍人士、语言学习者或非英语母语者。
Connect with those people.
和那些人联系。
They're going to really understand the challenges and frustrations that you're having because they've probably had the same experience as you, right?
他们会真正理解你所面临的挑战和挫折,因为他们可能和你有同样的经历,对吧?
So they can be a really invaluable support, especially when you're first starting out.
所以他们对你来说可以是一个非常宝贵的支持,特别是当你刚开始的时候。
And there are so many websites like Craigslist, Gumtree and others where you can find homes with spare rooms and move in with housemates instantly.
还有像Craigslist,Gumtree等很多网站,你可以在那里找到有空房的房子,然后立刻搬进去和室友一起住。
Even AirBnB is a great place to start and connect with someone local.
即使AirBnB也是一个很好的地方,你可以开始与一些当地人建立联系。
Tip number 4: Don't watch the football game at home
建议四:不要在家看足球赛
Whether you like football or not, push yourself out of your comfort zone and head to the local bar to catch the game.
不管你是否喜欢足球,把自己从舒适圈推出来,到当地的酒吧去看比赛。
Even if it's not something you normally do at home, heading out to take part in local social events is a great way to meet people, to learn a little bit more about the culture and probably learn some local slang too.
即使这不是你通常在家里做的事情,出去参加当地的社交活动也是一个很好的认识人们的方式,可以了解一点当地的文化,也可能学习一些当地俚语。
Come on! What a joke!
拜托!开玩笑的吧!
And if a football game really doesn't suit your style, then check out any other sporting event, or a local trivia night, or happy hour specials, or a comedy show – you get the picture.
如果看足球赛真的不符合你的风格,那就去看看其他的体育赛事,或者当地的机智问答之夜,销价供应饮料狂欢时段,喜剧节目——你就明白了。
This can sometimes be daunting or scary to put yourself in a situation where you may not know anybody or you might be forced to chat with the locals.
这有时会让你感到害怕或者恐惧,因为你把自己放在那样的处境中,你可能不认识任何人,或者你不得不和当地人聊天。
So local people tend to be more relaxed and and willing to chat in these situations.
所以当地人在这种情况下往往更放松,更愿意聊天。
Often, they'll happily explain the rules of the game and tell you why the other team are no good.
通常,他们会很高兴地解释比赛规则,告诉你为什么其他的队伍不好。
But if you don't feel comfortable joining a conversation or cheering from the sidelines..
但是如果你不喜欢加入谈话或者在一旁欢呼的话……

重点单词   查看全部解释    
tend [tend]

想一想再看

v. 趋向,易于,照料,护理

 
willing ['wiliŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的

 
avoid [ə'vɔid]

想一想再看

vt. 避免,逃避

联想记忆
comfort ['kʌmfət]

想一想再看

n. 舒适,安逸,安慰,慰藉
vt. 安慰,使

联想记忆
assume [ə'sju:m]

想一想再看

vt. 假定,设想,承担; (想当然的)认为

联想记忆
option ['ɔpʃən]

想一想再看

n. 选择权,可选物,优先购买权
v. 给予选

联想记忆
motivated ['məutiveitid]

想一想再看

adj. 有动机的;有积极性的 v. 使产生动机;激发…

 
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
incredible [in'kredəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 难以置信的,惊人的

 
heading ['hediŋ]

想一想再看

n. 标题,题目,航向
动词head的现在分词

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。