手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > Emma的美味英语 > 正文

第42期:给在英语国家学习英语的朋友们的建议(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   VIP免费外教试听课 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Tip number 5: Don't put pressure on yourself to start speaking immediately

建议五:不要给自己施加压力,让自己立刻开口说话
… Especially if you're new to a place or if speaking in public makes you feel stressed or anxious.
……尤其是你刚到一个地方,或是在公共场合讲话让你感到压力或焦虑。
It's okay to just observe, watch what other people are doing, watch their body language, listen in on conversations, try to understand what's going on.
你可以只是观察,看看别人在做什么,观察他们的肢体语言,倾听对话,试着理解发生了什么。
Being there and experiencing it will help you to understand it.
设身处地会帮助你理解情况。
Watch what the locals do so that you learn more about the way that they interact and the things that they talk about in social situations.
观察当地人是怎么做的,这样你就能更多地了解他们的互动方式以及他们在社交场合谈论的事情。
Don't let your fear of making mistakes or not knowing what to say keep you at home.
不要因为恐惧犯错或不知道该说什么而呆在家里。
Allow yourself to be surrounded by English, that way you're learning, not hiding.
让自己身边围绕着说英语的人,这样你在学习,而不是躲起来。
Don't allow yourself to hide in your new home because you'll tell yourself that you don't have the confidence.
不要让自己躲在新家里,因为你会告诉自己你没有信心。
But before you know it, you'll start feeling more comfortable about joining those conversations.
但在你意识到这一点之前,你会对加入对话感到更自在。
Tip number 6: Don't expect to learn only in informal situations
建议六:不要期望只在非正式场合学习
Living with someone who doesn't speak your native language, finding groups of other English learners, meeting people at the pub, they're all great ways to improve informally.
和一个不会说你母语的人生活在一起,找到一群其他的英语学习者,在酒吧里认识一些人,这些都是在非正式场合提高英语水平的好方法。
But it's super to have a mix of formal and informal learning opportunities.
但是拥有正式和非正式的学习机会真是太棒了。
Try to find a local tutor who can answer all of your questions that you just need to ask, right?
试着找一个当地的家庭教师,他能回答你所有的问题,你只需要提问,好吗?
Keep track of all the things that confuse you.
记录所有让你困惑的事情。
Actually, that's my next tip, so keep watching but go to your tutor with a list of questions.
实际上,这是我的下一个建议,所以请继续观看这节课,但要带着一系列问题去找你的老师。
Ask them how to pronounce difficult words or about a strange expression you heard,
询问他们如何发音困难的单词或你听到的一个奇怪的表达,
how to say that phrase that you really needed at the coffee shop yesterday or what you heard your neighbour yelling down the street.
如何说出你昨天在咖啡店真正需要的短语,或者你听到你的邻居在街上大喊大叫些什么。
Even if you only meet your tutor for a month or two when you first arrive, it would be a great investment – both in time and in money.
即使你刚来的时候只和你的导师见面一两个月,无论是在时间上还是在金钱上,这都是一笔巨大的投资。
As long as you make the most of it.
只要你能充分利用它。
Now what was I saying earlier?
我刚才说什么了?
I think I had something that I wanted to tell you so it was quite important.
我想我有件事想告诉你,所以这件事很重要。
If only I'd written it down.
要是我把它写下来就好了。
Tip number 7: Don't forget to keep track of your questions
建议七:不要忘记记录你的问题
Whether you carry around a small notebook to write down tricky words that you come across or maybe you take notes on your phone, whatever.
无论你是随身携带一个小笔记本,记下你遇到的棘手的单词,或者你在手机上做笔记,等等。
But come up with a simple and easy system to remember the language questions that you think of at any time of day.
但是想出一个简单易行的方法来记住你一天中任何时候想到的语言问题。
When you come across a word that you don't know or a phrase that you're unsure how to use correctly or just a general grammar question.
当你遇到一个你不知道的单词,一个你不确定如何正确使用的短语,或者只是一个普通的语法问题。
If you don't make a note of it, the chances are that when you finally have the opportunity to ask someone like your tutor, you'll have a hard time remembering what those questions were.
如果你不记下来,很可能当你终于有机会问像你的老师这样的人时,你很难记住这些问题是什么。
And then you'll miss the opportunity.
然后你就会错失良机。
Making mistakes or recognising times when you feel confused are the best learning opportunities so take advantage of them, write those things down.
犯错误或认清自己感到困惑的问题是最好的学习机会,所以要好好利用它们,把它们写下来。
Tip number 8: Don't get a job that requires you to speak in your own language
建议八:不要找一份要求你用自己的语言说话的工作
Learning a language takes a lot of hard work and dedication.
学习一门语言需要大量的努力和奉献。
Sometimes it can get really frustrating and of course when we're tired, it's really tempting to take the easy route, right? We all do that.
有时候它会让人很沮丧,当然当我们累了的时候,我们真的很想走简单的路,对吧?我们都这么做。
But while it can be easy to give up or get lazy in the comfort of your own home, it's not like that in the workplace, is it?
但是,虽然在舒适的家里很容易放弃或懒惰,但在工作场所却不是这样,是吗?
In the workplace, you must keep working on your English.
在工作场所,你必须继续努力学习你的英语。

images.jpg

So get a job where you have to work in English.

所以找一份你必须用英语的工作。
This will be a challenge.
这将是一个挑战。
It's going to be a huge challenge for you.
对你来说这将是一个巨大的挑战。
At work, there's no giving up or slacking off.
在工作中,没有放弃或懈怠。
You must use your English, you must find ways to improve and communicate clearly so that you have a better experience with your colleagues and with your customers, right?
你必须使用英语,你必须找到方法提升自己,并进行清晰的沟通,这样你才可以更好地与同事和客户相处,对吗?
Now you may be thinking 'But Emma, my English isn't good enough to get a job. No one will hire me if I don't speak fluent English.'
现在你可能在想,‘但是艾玛,我的英语不够好,无法找工作。如果我不说一口流利的英语,没有人会雇用我的。’
Well that brings me to number nine.
好吧,这让我想到了第九条建议。
Tip number 9: Don't make excuses for yourself
建议九:不要为自己找借口
If you try to find a reason why you can't do something or it's too difficult or even impossible, you will always find an excuse.
如果你试图找到为什么你不能做某事的原因,或它太难,或者不可能完成,你总会找到一个借口。
It's easy to find reasons why you can't do something, why you shouldn't do it.
很容易为自己找到为什么不能做某事,为什么不应该做某事的理由。
And it's easy to tell yourself that you're not good enough.
很容易告诉自己你不够好。
It's safer right?
比较安全,对吧?
You reduce the risks of making mistakes.
你减少了犯错的风险。
Well, I say, stop making excuses and just go for it!
好吧,我说,别再找借口了,去做吧!
The best and most exciting things happen on the other side of fear.
在恐惧的另一面,会发生最好最令人激动的事情。
So every time you hear yourself making an excuse, then block that thought and do the opposite.
所以每次你听到自己在找借口的时候,把它扼杀在摇篮里,然后去做相反的事情。
All of these tips may sound like great ideas but the decision to make these changes comes from you.
这些建议可能听起来都是很棒的主意,但是去改变的决心还是来源于你自己。
It doesn't matter how great your teachers are or how long you studied English for.
你的老师有多优秀,你学了多长时间的英语,这都不重要。
Or if you live in an English-speaking country or not.
或者你是否住在讲英语的国家。
So often we just sit back and watch these opportunities pass us by.
所以我们常常坐视不理,眼睁睁地看着这些机会从我们身边溜走。
There are so many opportunities around us and those people who take them will benefit the most.
我们身边有太多的机会,那些抓住机会的人将受益匪浅。
So let's recap from the top.
让我们从头总结一下吧。
If you're living in an English-speaking country, don't live with someone who speaks your native language.
如果你在说英语的国家生活,不要和跟你说相同母语的人住在一起。
Don't seek out only native English speakers.
不要只寻求与英语母语者交往。
Don't wait for new friends to find you.
别等着新的朋友来找你。
Don't watch a football game at home.
不要在家看足球比赛。
Don't put pressure on yourself to start speaking immediately.
不要给自己施加压力,让自己立刻开口说话
Don't expect to learn only in informal situations.
不要期望只在非正式场合学习
Don't forget to keep track of your questions in some way.
不要忘记以某种方式记录自己的问题
Don't get a job where you have to speak your own language.
不要找一份要求你用自己的语言说话的工作
And don't make excuses yourself. Take action.
不要为自己找借口。行动起来。
So those are my tips.
以上是我的建议。
Do you have any of your own tips to add?
你有什么你自己的建议要补充吗?
I'd love to hear about your experiences living in an English-speaking country.
我很想听听你在讲英语的国家生活的经历。
And if you know someone who is living abroad right now or is planning on moving to an English-speaking country, then make sure you share this video with them.
如果你认识一个人现在住在国外或者打算搬到一个说英语的国家,那么一定要和他们分享这段视频。
Subscribe right here and don't go anywhere just yet. Check out these other English lessons right here.
点关注,不迷路。看一下我的其他的英语课程吧。
I'll see you in the next video.
下个视频见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
decision [di'siʒən]

想一想再看

n. 决定,决策

 
confidence ['kɔnfidəns]

想一想再看

adj. 骗得信任的
n. 信任,信心,把握

联想记忆
confuse [kən'fju:z]

想一想再看

vt. 混淆,使困惑,使混乱

联想记忆
dedication [.dedi'keiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 奉献,献词,献堂礼

 
advantage [əd'vɑ:ntidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 优势,有利条件
vt. 有利于

联想记忆
phrase [freiz]

想一想再看

n. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句
vt. 措词

联想记忆
confused [kən'fju:zd]

想一想再看

adj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
benefit ['benifit]

想一想再看

n. 利益,津贴,保险金,义卖,义演
vt.

联想记忆
challenge ['tʃælindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 挑战
v. 向 ... 挑战

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。