手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 畅游海底世界 > 正文

海底漫步(上)

来源:可可英语 编辑:sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

This time on Jonathan Birds blue world Jonathan tries helmet diving.

这次在乔纳森《蓝色世界》中,乔纳森将尝试海底漫步。
Hi, I'm Jonathan bird and welcome to my world.
嗨,我是乔纳森·伯德,欢迎来到我的世界!
SCUBA divers swim through the water with perfect neutral buoyancy, able to hover in place like a fish.
戴水肺的潜水员在水中以完美的中性浮力游泳,能像鱼一样在原地盘旋。
SCUBA stands for Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus.
SCUBA代表自携式水中呼吸器。
The Self-Contained part is important.
自携式很重要。
Since SCUBA divers carry their own air supply and breathe through a small,
由于戴水肺的潜水员携带自己需要呼吸的氧气,并通过一个小型、
portable regulator, they are free to go wherever they want.
便携式调节器进行呼吸,他们可以自由地去任何想去的地方。
But long before SCUBA was invented, people still dove.
但早在水肺潜水发明之前,人们也潜水。
Underwater breathing apparatus has been around since the 1820s
水下呼吸器从19世纪20年代开始出现,
when the Deane Brothers in England figured out how to pump air down into an airtight helmet and suit.
当时英国的迪恩兄弟发现了将空气泵入密闭头盔和潜水服中的方法。
Soon the underwater world became accessible to people.
很快,人们就可以进入水下世界。
The umbilical to the surface limited mobility, but deep sea divers as they were often called,
连到水面的脐状缆会限制行动能力,
could now perform all kinds of tasks underwater from construction to sponge collection.
但深海潜水员现在可以在水下执行从施工到收集海绵的各种任务。
The surface-supplied air meant an unlimited air supply.
水面供应空气意味着有无限量的空气供应。
…Make his first dive.
这成为他的第一次潜水。
In the 1940s, a training film for the U.S. Army Diving program was produced.
20世纪40年代,出品了一部为美国陆军潜水项目拍摄的训练影片。
Helmet diving hadn't changed much in 50 years, but the 4 window U.S. Navy Mark V helmet had emerged as the world's best.
海底漫步50年来没有太大变化,但带有四个窗口的美国海军马克V型头盔成为世界上最好的头盔。
It was used by the military from 1916 all the way up to 1984.
从1916年到1984年,军方一直使用这种头盔。
Getting underwater and staying there is itself a test of diving skill.
潜入水中并待在水里,本身就是对潜水技巧的考验。
Despit his 40 pound shoes, 84 pound belt, 54 pound breastplate and hat, as a diver calls his helmet,
尽管他穿着40磅重的鞋子,带着84磅的皮带,54磅重的胸甲和帽子,潜水员把它叫做头盔,
he may float like a cork, if he fails to control the flow of air into his suit.
如果他不能控制进入潜水服中的空气,他可能会像软木塞一样漂浮。
Helmet diving with more advanced modern helmets is still used today for construction,
海底漫步与更先进的现代头盔仍然用于施工、
oil rigs, salvage and other work which might require a diver to be underwater for hours at a time.
石油钻井平台、打捞和其他工作,这些工作需要潜水员在水下待几个小时。
I want to try it, so cameraman Rick and I head to New Jersey,
我想试试,于是我和摄影师里克前往新泽西州,
where the Garden State Underwater Recovery Unit practices helmet diving and sometimes still uses the Mark V for rescue operations.
那里的花园之州水下回收队在练习海底漫步,有时仍使用马克V型头盔进行救援行动。
I meet up with Vincent Scarponi and his team at their base…
我和文森特·斯卡波尼,以及他的团队在基地会合。
…and we head out to the Round Valley Reservoir in Clinton, New Jersey where I will dive.
然后,我们去新泽西州克林顿的圆谷水库潜水。
Helmet diving requires a lot of surface support, so the team has brought three boats.
海底漫步需要大量的水面支持,所以小组带了三艘船。
We are diving off of a pontoon boat, specially configured as a platform for Helmet diving.
我们正在从一艘浮舟上潜水,这艘浮舟是专门为海底漫步设计的平台。
In just a few minutes we reach the dive site and now I have to learn how to don all this gear.
几分钟后我们就到了潜水地点,现在我要学习如何穿上这些装备。
Wayne Gerhartz is going to help walk me through it.
韦恩·格哈茨会帮我。
Sit right here?
坐在这里?
Okay, the first thing you are going to do is put the suit on.
好吧,你要做的第一件事就是穿上潜水服。
You just take the bib out and then slide it out a little bit.
你只要把上半身拿出来,把它滑出来一点就行了。
Now stop.
现在停下来。
Shoes you want on tight, because they are flat bottoms and they do suck into the mud a little bit.
鞋要穿得紧一点,因为它们是平底的,会被泥吸进去一点。
So you don't want to pick your foot up and have your shoe remain on the bottom.
你不想抬起脚后,鞋底还留在地上。
That would be bad.
那可就糟了。

QQ截图20200717174101.png

Doesn't have to be a lot.

不用太多。
I can see it's getting heavier and heavier!
我看得出来它越来越重了!
But that's nothing.
但这不算什么。
Now the weight belt!
现在是负重腰带!
This one's only 45.
这个只有45磅。
Only 45 pounds he says.
他说只有45磅。
Alright, here we go.
好吧,装上吧。
I'm almost feeling like I'm getting used to this.
我觉得我已经习惯了。
Hold your head still!
把头抬起来!
Vincent turns on the flow of air, which makes a lot of noise, but at least I can breathe!
文森特打开空气流,发出很多噪音,但至少我可以呼吸!
As they seal me in, I realize that there is no way I can get out of this gear without help,
他们把我封在这里面后,我意识到如果没人帮忙,我不可能脱下这身装备,
or even open the front window for air.
甚至无法打开前窗透气。
My life is in the hands of the dive tenders.
我的生命掌握在潜水者指导员手中。
This is more claustrophobic than cave diving.
这比洞穴潜水的引起的幽闭恐怖更可怕。
Fortunately, there is an intercom system, so we can talk to each other.
幸运的是,有一个对讲机系统,所以我们可以互相交谈。
Can you guys hear me?
你们能听见我说话吗?
Yeah we can hear you!
是的,能听到!
Oh sweet!
哦,太好了!
I want to give you two taps.
我想拍你两下。
I want you to stand up, walk to the ladder, turn around and go down the ladder backwards.
我想让你站起来,走到梯子上,转身向后走下梯子。
Okay!
好的!
Okay, getting up!
好了,起来吧!
Turning around.
转身。
As I turn around to climb down the ladder, I can't see anything,
我转身爬下梯子时,什么也看不见,
so I am doing it by feel and I have to trust what the tenders tell me to do.
所以我是凭感觉去做的,我必须相信潜水指导员告诉我要做的事情。
Okay, it's a good thing they are small steps!
好吧,幸好步距都很小!
As I go one step at a time into the water, the tremendous weight of the gear starts to become offset by buoyancy.
我一步步地进入水中时,装备的重量开始被浮力抵消。
It feels so good to get down into weightlessness.
进入失重状态感觉真好。
Okay where's that descent line?
好的,下潜绳在哪里?
Right here?
就在这里?
So grab the descending line with your right hand, wrap your legs around it and just proceed slowly.
用右手抓住下潜绳,用你的腿绕住它,慢慢地下潜。
Wrap my legs around it?
绕住我的腿?
Yeah, you want to lock on to it.
是的,牢牢地绕住。
This is cool.
真酷。
The ladder doesn't go to the bottom, so I basically slide down a rope like I'm going down a fire pole.
梯子不到底部,我基本上是顺着绳子滑下去的,就像从消防滑竿上滑下去一样。
Going down the descent line!
沿着下潜绳往下潜!
Clearing the ears.
清一下耳朵。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
accessible [æk'sesəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可得到的,易接近的,可进入的

联想记忆
mobility [məu'biliti]

想一想再看

n. 可动性,变动性,情感不定

联想记忆
control [kən'trəul]

想一想再看

n. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置
vt. 控制

 
gear [giə]

想一想再看

n. 齿轮,传动装置,设备,工具
v. 使适应

联想记忆
seal [si:l]

想一想再看

n. 印章,封条
n. 海豹
v.

 
limited ['limitid]

想一想再看

adj. 有限的,被限制的
动词limit的过

 
perform [pə'fɔ:m]

想一想再看

v. 执行,运转,举行,表演

联想记忆
airtight ['ɛətait]

想一想再看

adj. 密封的,不透气的,无懈可击的

联想记忆
neutral ['nju:trəl]

想一想再看

adj. 中立的,中性的
n. 中立者,空挡的

 
unlimited [ʌn'limitid]

想一想再看

adj. 无限的,不受控制的,无条件的

 

    阅读本文的人还阅读了:
  • 石油钻塔潜水(上) 2020-07-10
  • 石油钻塔潜水(下) 2020-07-13
  • 海底漫步(下) 2020-07-24
  • 魔鬼洞穴探险(1) 2020-07-31
  • 魔鬼洞穴探险(2) 2020-08-07
  • 下一篇:海底漫步(下)
    发布评论我来说2句

      最新文章

      可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

      添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
      添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。