手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > NBA球星感人演讲 > 正文

"魔术师"约翰逊的篮球名人堂演讲(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

And then to, probably one my best friends in life.

接下来,我要说的是我一生中的挚友。
You're a special man, Pat Riley, and...
你是个很特别的人,帕特·莱利...
You taught me preparation is the key, you kept motivating me and driving me, and you said to me a number of occasions that,
你教会了我做好准备是关键,你一直激励着、驱使着我,你在很多场合都对我说过,
"You know Buck, you're slipping, you're playing around 750 and Michale and Larry are around 800. What's wrong?"
“小公鹿,你不行了啊,你的指数是750,而迈克尔·乔丹和拉里·伯德都是800。什么情况?”
You kept pushing me to get up around 800.
你一直推动着我,让我的指数增加到了800左右。
And you taught me that basketball and the team is like a family.
你还教会了我,篮球和球队,就像家人一样。
And then, the last thing you did which was incredible, I never forget.
你做的最后一件不可思议的事,我永远不会忘记。
You taught me what a friend is really like in 1991
你在1991年教会了我什么是真正的朋友,
when you were a coach at Knicks and you had that night for me, and I appreciate that. Thank You.
当时你在尼克斯当教练,你让那个夜晚属于了我,我很感激。谢谢你。
Thank you, Lion and Charles Tucker and Michael Ovitz who helped me with my career and helped shape it,
谢谢你们:莱恩,查尔斯·塔克,迈克尔·奥维茨,感谢你们帮助并塑造了我的职业生涯,
and I appreciate that Joe Smith for introducing me to a lot of those people.
我也很感谢乔·史密斯把我介绍给很多这样的人。
I want to thank the greatest owner in all of the sports, Dr. Jerry Buss, for not only being my owner, but also a friend.
我要感谢在所有体育运动中最伟大的老板,杰里·巴斯,他不仅是我的老板,也是我的朋友。
A guy coming out at 19, knowing I was away from a big family, and you really became a father figure in Los Angeles for me.
我是一个19岁就出来打球、远离大家庭的小伙子,对我来说,在洛杉矶你就像我父亲一样。

I also want to thank all my the great players that I played with along the way especially at the Lakers,

我还要感谢一路走来所有和我一起打球的伟大球员们,特别是在湖人队的球员,
because without players you can't make it. I didn't make it by myself here.
因为没有他们,你什么也实现不了。凭我自己我根本不能站在这里。
When you talk about Greg Kelser, Jay Vincent, you talk about Kareem, James Worthy,
你们会提到格雷格·凯瑟、杰伊·文森特、卡里姆·贾巴尔、詹姆斯·沃西
you talk about Mitch Kupchak, and Kurt Rambis,
你们会提到米奇·库普切克、科特·兰比斯,
and then two of my, two of my best friends in the world with Byron Scott and Michael Cooper.
还有两位我最好的朋友,拜伦·斯科特和迈克尔·库帕。
And then two guys who not only shaped my career for me, but helped me, Jerry West and then Bill Sharman.
还有两位不仅仅成就了我的职业生涯、还助我良多的伙计,杰里·韦斯特和比尔·沙曼。
Bill Sharman taught me that I had a lot of work to do.
比尔·沙曼教会了我,我要提高的还有很多。
I thought I was a hotshot rookie coming out of college.
当时我认为自己是一位炙手可热的新秀。
And I went to my first training camp, coach Brown, and Bill Sharman afterwards came over to me and said,
我去了我的第一个训练营,布朗教练的训练营,随后比尔·沙曼冲我走来,并且跟我说,
"You know, I used to be pretty good at shooting free throws. Do you want to shoot free throws against me?"
“我以前非常擅长罚球。你想和我比试一下罚球吗?”
I said, "Oh yeah, okay. I'm gonna take this old guy, you know."
我说,“哦,好呀。我要收拾一下这个老家伙。”
We did, we shot 30, Coach Brown.
布朗教练,我们那次是比赛罚了30次吧。
Bill let me go first, and I hit about 23 out of 30. Bill Sharman went 30 for 30.
比尔让我先开始,我30罚23中。比尔·沙曼则是30罚30中。
I felt so small, but I knew that I had a lot of work to do, and I thank you for that humbling lesson, coach Sherman.
我觉得自己很弱小,但我知道了我要提高的还有很多,沙曼教练,我感谢你给我上的这一课。
Howard Schultz and Ken Lombard, thank you for the business.
霍华德·舒尔茨和肯·伦巴第,感谢你们在商界的帮助。
And Mr. Warren Grant, I always told you I want to be a businessman after basketball,
还有沃伦·格兰特先生,我一直跟你说,我在打完篮球之后想成为一名商人,
and you put me in a position to do that, and I thank you for that.
是你让我能够得偿所愿,我对此深表感谢。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
buck [bʌk]

想一想再看

n. (美元)块钱 n. 钱,鹿皮,(鹿皮等)制物,小伙

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
appreciate [ə'pri:ʃieit]

想一想再看

vt. 欣赏,感激,赏识
vt. 领会,充分意

联想记忆
grant [grɑ:nt]

想一想再看

n. 授予物,补助金; 同意,给予
n. 财产

 
rookie ['ruki]

想一想再看

n. 新手

联想记忆
incredible [in'kredəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 难以置信的,惊人的

 
coach [kəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。