This is Everyday Grammar. I'm Lucija.
这里是《每日语法》节目。我是露茜佳。
And I'm Kaveh. What do you know about articles?
我是卡韦赫。你对冠词了解多少?
A, an and the?
a,an和the?
Yeah. Someone commented that they're "studying the French and English" and I got confused.
没错。有人评论称他们在“studying the French and English”,把我弄糊涂了。
About whether they're studying French people or studying French and English languages?
你是指不知道他们是在研究法国人,还是在学习法语和英语?
Exactly. Articles can be confusing.
没错。冠词会令人感到困惑。
But the good thing is that sometimes you don't even need to use them.
但好处是,有时你甚至不需要使用它们。
You don't use articles to make generalizations with plural count and noncount nouns.
你不会用冠词来对可数名词和不可数名词归纳综述。
Teachers use notebooks and pens.
老师们使用笔记本和钢笔。
Water is good for you.
水对你很有益处。
Remind me again about count and noncount nouns.
你再帮我回忆一下可数名词和不可数名词吧。
Count nouns refer to things we can count.
可数名词指的是我们可以数出来的东西。
They can take plural form, usually with an "s" -- dog-dogs.
它们有复数形式,通常是带一个“s”,比如说dog变成dogs。
While noncount nouns cannot be expressed in plural form, like water, milk, air.
而不可数名词不能用复数形式来表达,比如说水、牛奶、空气。
Ok, back to articles.
好的,回到冠词上来吧。
Well, when you're talking in general about something -- all or any of something, you don't use articles.
当你谈论某物的普遍情况时--所有或任何,你就不要用冠词。
So I should say, "Apples are really good," instead of "The apples are really good."
所以我应该说“Apples are really good”,而不是“The apples are really good”。
You've got it! If you do say, "The apples are really good," you're talking about specific apples.
你明白了!如果你说,“The apples are really good”,那就表示你是在说特定的苹果。
Here's another one:
再看一个:
I like to listen to music while exercising.
我喜欢在锻炼时听音乐。
The music at the concert was really loud.
音乐会上的音乐真的很吵。
The first example talks about music in general,
第一个例子指的是普遍的音乐的,
while the second example talks about the specific music from the concert.
而第二个例子指的是音乐会中特定的音乐。
And that's everyday grammar.
以上就是本期的《每日语法》。