手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 看动漫学心理学 > 正文

抑郁时应该避免的7件事

来源:可可英语 编辑:Ceciliya   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Oh, hi. Welcome back to another Psych2Go video where we make psychology accessible to everyone.

大家好,欢迎回到我们栏目,让人人都能接触到心理学。
Have you ever been diagnosed with depression or seriously suspect yourself of having it is?
你是否曾被诊断为抑郁症,或是严重怀疑自己得了抑郁症?
Is there someone in your life struggling with it right now?
你周围是否有人正在与之抗争?
Depression is associated with persistently negative feelings, significantly affecting your thoughts and behaviors.
抑郁症和持续的负面情绪有关,会对你的思想和行为造成严重影响。
It's important to educate yourself on matters of depression,
对自己进行抑郁症方面的教育很重要,
to sift through the misconceptions and avoid doing anything that might worsen the symptoms for you and those around you.
你要转变这些错误观念,避免做任何可能会加重症状的事情。
That said, here are 7 things you should never do when you're depressed.
当你沮丧时,以下7件事是你永远不应该做的。
1. Keep it a secret.
1. 避而不谈。
Reaching out to the people you love and building a support system
向你爱的人寻求帮助,并建立起支持体系
to help you in your struggle against depression is a wise choice to begin with.
来帮助你对抗抑郁是一个明智的选择。
Many people suffer in silence, keeping their mental illness a secret
很多人都默默与之抗争,对他们的精神疾病保密
because either they're in denial, ashamed of it or think they can conquer it on their own.
因为他们要么拒绝承认,要么为之感到羞愧,要么认为自己可以战胜它。
While you might be convinced that you're doing everyone else a favor by keeping your problems to yourself, it isn't true.
虽然你可能认为,把自己的问题藏在心里是在帮别人的忙,但事实并非如此。
Depression isn't something that should ever be keep a secret.
抑郁症绝对不应该被当成秘密来保守。
2. Drink alcohol.
2. 喝酒。
Do you often drown your sorrows with alcohol?
你经常借酒消愁吗?
While drinking might help you numb what you're feeling right now,
虽然喝酒或许可以帮助你麻痹现在的感觉,
there's a very high possibility of you becoming dependent on it, the more you use it to numb your depression.
但你很有可能变得依赖它,你用它来麻痹抑郁症的次数会变得更多。
In fact, alcoholism and substance abuse is common among those suffering from depression. So don't just trade in one problem for another.
实际上,酗酒和药物滥用在抑郁症患者中非常常见。所以不要用一个问题换另一个问题。
3. Isolate yourself.
3. 孤立自己。
Do you have the constant urge to push people away? Do you lock yourself up in your room all day?
你是否有把别人推开的冲动?你会把自己锁在房间里一整天吗?
Depression may make you believe that you need to be on your own all the time and that no one wants to be around you.
抑郁症可能会让你相信,你需要独处,没人想要陪伴着你。
But in reality that isn't true, there are people out there who care about you.
但事实并非如此,还是有很多人关心着你的。
Your relationships and social activities can help curb the intense feelings of loneliness and emptiness that depression often brings with it.
你的亲人朋友和社交活动能够帮助你抑制抑郁症所带来的强烈的孤独感和空虚感。
4. Blame yourself.
4. 责备自己。
Do you often blame yourself for being depressed? If you do, we're here to tell you that it's not your fault.
你经常因为抑郁而责怪自己吗?如果如此,我们想要告诉你这不是你的错。

抑郁时应该避免的7件事

It can happen to just about anyone, so don't beat yourself up for feeling this way.

它可以发生在任何人身上,所以不要因此感责怪自己。
There are dozens of different reasons outside of your control that might be making you depressed.
有许多你无法控制的原因可能会让你抑郁。
Whether it's because of your genes, your brain chemistry, your upbringing or your environment.
可能是由于你的基因、你大脑中的化学物质、你的成长方式或你所处的环境。
So don't think that any of this is your fault.
所以不要认为这些是你的错。
5. Neglect your self-care.
5. 忽视你的自我照顾。
Have you been laying on the sofa binge watching movies on Netflix the whole day?
你是否曾躺在沙发上看一整天的电影?
When was the last time you went for a jog or add your nails done?
你上一次慢跑或做指甲是什么时候?
Yes, depression can make you lose interest in the things you once enjoyed but the thing is:
没错,抑郁症会让你对曾经喜欢的事情失去兴趣,
taking care of your physical health can make a world of difference in alleviating your stress
但照顾自己的身体健康可以在消除压力,帮助你应对抑郁症方面
and helping you cope with your depression.
大有帮助。
The appropriate amount of sleep exercise and healthy eating can help you feel better.
适量的睡眠、运动和健康饮食可以帮你感觉更好。
6. Let it define you.
6. 让它定义你。
Did you know that your therapist never refers to you as depressed but rather as someone with depression?
你知道吗,你的治疗师绝不会说你抑郁,而是称为患有抑郁症的人。
There's actually a very good reason behind it.
这其实是有合理原因的。
Because mental health care professionals believe that you shouldn't be defined by your mental illness.
因为心理健康护理专业人员认为,不应该用你的精神疾病来定义你。
You're more than your diagnosis. Depression changes you in a lot of painful ways.
你的诊断不能代表你。抑郁会以很多痛苦的方式改变你。
It affects the way you view yourself in the world around you.
它影响你看待自己的方式。
But it's important to never lose sight of the person you are without it.
但重要的是,永远不要忽视真实的自己。
So remind yourself of all the wonderful qualities that make you who you are
所以提醒一下自己,你身上还有那些美好的品质,
and don't let depression stop you from doing the things you love or going after your dreams.
不要让抑郁症阻止你做那些你热爱的事情或追寻自己的梦想。
7. Give up hope.
7. 放弃希望。
Finally but perhaps most importantly. No matter how severe your depression make it,
最后,但或许也是最重要的,不论你的抑郁症有多严重,
always remember there is still hope that some day you'll get better.
一定要记住希望仍在,有一天你会变好。
The battle against mental illness is long and difficult and it certainly won't happen overnight.
对抗精神疾病的斗争漫长且艰难,这肯定不是一蹴而就的事情。
But it's one that's worth fighting for and it's certainly one you can win,
但这是值得为之抗争的事情,而且你绝对是获胜的那一个,
because as scary and painful and overwhelming as it can feel sometimes,
因为尽管有时感觉它很可怕痛苦,
you're not hopeless in your dream of a brighter, happier future for yourself.
但你并不是没有获得光明欢乐未来的机会。
According to the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance 2018, more than 80% of those who seek treatment successfully recover from their depression.
根据2018版的《Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance 》,超过80%寻求治疗的患者都成功摆脱了抑郁症。
One study even reports that in as early as eight weeks, 58.7% of patients achieved functional remission,
一项研究甚至报告称,早在八周内,58.7%的患者实现了功能缓解,
meaning they've effectively learned to manage their depression in a way that allows them to live life normally,
这意味着他们已经有效地学会了如何管理自己的抑郁症,让自己过上正常的生活,
while 15.7% fully recover. So in addition to being a serious mental illness, fortunately depression is also highly treatable.
而15.7%完全康复了。所以虽然抑郁症是一种严重的精神疾病,但幸运的是,它是可以治愈的。
With a strong support system, professional help and the right lifestyle changes,
有了强大的支持体系、专业人士的帮助以及正确的生活方式的改变,
you can win your fight against mental illness and leave your depression behind.
你可以赢得对抗抑郁症的斗争,摆脱你的抑郁症。
Also, if you feel you relate to any of these signs or symptoms or disorders talked about on our channel,
如果你觉得有以上我们谈论到的迹象或症状或疾病,
make sure you try and seek professional help just to be sure.
一定要尝试寻求专业人士的帮助。
Because looking after your mental health is just as important as looking after your physical health.
因为照顾自己的精神健康和照顾自己的身体健康一样重要。
Are you or someone close to you battling this mental disorder?
你或者你身边的人正在和这种精神疾病作斗争吗?
Can you think of any other practices to be avoided by those suffering from depression?
你还能想到那些抑郁症患者应该避免的其他行为吗?
Do you let us know in the comments below.
请在下方评论告知。
Also, remember to share this video with those you think might benefit from it, stay tuned and thanks for watching.
还有一定要和需要的人分享本期视频,请继续关注,感谢收看。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
mental ['mentl]

想一想再看

adj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的
n. 精

联想记忆
fault [fɔ:lt]

想一想再看

n. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层

 
define [di'fain]

想一想再看

v. 定义,解释,限定,规定

联想记忆
stress [stres]

想一想再看

n. 紧张,压力
v. 强调,着重

 
numb [nʌm]

想一想再看

adj. 麻木的,失去知觉的,无动于衷的
vt

联想记忆
blame [bleim]

想一想再看

n. 过失,责备
vt. 把 ... 归咎于,

联想记忆
conquer [.kɔŋkə]

想一想再看

vt. 征服,战胜,克服
vi. 得胜

联想记忆
depression [di'preʃən]

想一想再看

n. 沮丧,萧条

联想记忆
isolate ['aisəleit]

想一想再看

vt. 隔离,使孤立
adj. 孤立的,单独的

联想记忆
defined [di'faind]

想一想再看

adj. 有定义的,确定的;清晰的,轮廓分明的 v. 使

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。