手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > NBA球星感人演讲 > 正文

拉里·伯德的篮球名人堂演讲(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Thank you. Hi. I was gonna have Bill Walton write my speech tonight.

谢谢大家。嗨。我本来是让比尔·沃顿给我写今晚的演讲稿的。
They say his speeches are a lot longer than his career was.
不过有人说他的演讲比他的职业生涯要长得多。
So let's try to stay away from that.
所以我们还是不要那样了。
Tell you one quick story about Coach Fitch.
给你们讲一个关于费奇教练的小故事。
Back in 1980, when I first came to the Boston Celtics.
回到1980年,那时我刚刚加入波士顿凯尔特人队。
When I first came to the Boston Celtics...
我刚刚加入波士顿凯尔特人队...
When we went on to a road trips, we had a thing called "seniority".
当我们开启客场之旅时,有一个叫做“资历”的概念。
Sometimes it wouldn't have enough first class seats for all of us.
有时候头等舱的座位不够我们所有人坐的。
So, of course, rookies and one or two year veterans had to go to the back of the plane.
所以,当然了,新秀和刚打了一到两年的球员,必须要去飞机的后部。
I did that the first two or three road trips.
前两三个客场之旅我都是这样的。
And one day I sat at the airport, and I was just thinking what kind of ticket I'm gonna get today.
有一天我坐在机场,我就在想今天我的机票会是哪种。

拉里·伯德的篮球名人堂演讲

And I'll get a pink ticket for first class. I'll get a white ticket for coach seat.

我没准儿可以拿到头等舱的粉色机票。我也没准儿拿到的是一张经济舱的白色机票。
While we just came off a 3-game road trip and I played very well, so I thought this is the time to make my move.
当时我们刚刚结束三连客之旅,我比赛打得很好,因此我就觉得是时候采取行动了。
Ray Milky already came by. Sure enough, he handed me a white boarding pass.
雷·米尔基从旁走过。果然,他递给我一张白色的登机牌。
I say, "Excuse me, Ray. You go tell Coach Fitch that I'm a first class player. I expect a first class seat."
我说,“抱歉,雷。你去和费奇教练说一下,我是头等的球员。我想坐头等舱。”
Of course, Ray came back and Coach Fitch says, "Tell him to get his butt on the plane."
当然了,雷回来跟我说,费奇教练说的是,“告诉他,让他赶紧滚到飞机上去。”
You know, I've always considered myself a very proud individual.
你们知道的,我一直认为自己是一个非常骄傲的人。
The voice said I was very proud to come from a small town, French Lick, West Baden, Indiana.
我出身于印第安纳州西巴顿的弗伦奇利克小镇,我为此感到自豪。
I was always very proud to spend four great years in Terre Haute, Indiana and in the Indiana State University.
在印第安纳州特雷霍特和印第安纳州立大学度过的四年时光,也总会让我感到很自豪。
And guys, I'm very proud to say I spent 13 years playing for the Boston Celtics.
各位,我更可以非常自豪的说,我在波士顿凯尔特人队效力了13年。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
coach [kəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱

联想记忆
plane [plein]

想一想再看

adj. 平的,与飞机有关的
n. 飞机,水平

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。