手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > NBA球星感人演讲 > 正文

拉里·伯德的篮球名人堂演讲(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I've been very fortunate throughout my career to have some great coaches.

在我的职业生涯中,我非常幸运能拥有几位伟大的教练。
All started back in small town, West Baden and French Lick, I had two high school coaches, Jim Jones and Gary Holland.
一切都要回到西巴顿的弗伦奇利克小镇,在那里我遇到了我的两位高中教练,吉姆·琼斯和加里·霍兰德。
They spent a lot of time with me, teach me the fundamentals of the game.
他们和我一起度过了很长的时光,教会了我这项运动的基本功。
Back when I was in the 7th, 8th grade, playing on the outdoor courts every day.
在我上七、八年级的时候,每天都会去室外球场打球。
Whenever we went out there, two o'clock, three o'clock, didn't matter,
无论我们什么时候去那里,是在两点钟,三点钟,都无所谓,
Coach Jones would always stop by and see how we were progressing.
琼斯教练都会顺道过来,看看我们进展如何。
Every day, he would give us a new drill to work on,
每天,他都会给我们布置一些新的训练,
whether it's a pick-and-roll that I ran with Robert Parish time after time after time,
无论是后来我和罗伯特·帕里什一遍又一遍跑的挡拆战术,
or it's a basic free-throw shooting, or it's just a basic bounce pass.
还是基础的罚篮训练,又或者是基础的击地传球。
But every day he gave us something work on me and my friends.
但是每天他都会给我和我的朋友们布置一些针对性的内容。
And he said, "I'll be back after a while to saw you're progressing."
他会说:“我一会儿就回来看看你们的进展情况。”

拉里·伯德的篮球名人堂演讲

We would stay there and stay there, stay there, just knowing he was coming back. Sure enough, he did.

我们就一直待在那里,知道他会回来的。果然,他回来了。
Time after time, Coach Jones would do this.
一次又一次,琼斯教练都会这样做。
We go out, we play, we spent three or four hours waiting on him finally come back.
我们出去打球,然后等他回来,一等就是三四个小时。
Some days it was five hours. But sure enough, we would be there because we didn't want to disappoint him.
有时候会是等五个小时。但是我们会一直在那里等着,因为我们不想让他失望。
Coach Jones came back one day, and I said, "Coach, what do you do when you leave here?"
有一天琼斯教练回来,我说道:“你从这里离开都去干什么了?”
He said, "I've got other places go, but I'm always gonna come back to see how you guys progress."
他说:“我有别的地方要去,但是我总会回来,看看你们这些家伙进展如何。”
But now, 20 years later, or, really, what is that now? 30 years later, I ask him.
20年后的今天...现在都是哪年了...是30年后的今天,我又问了他。
He said, "Hi, Larry, some I went to play golf."
他说,“嗨,拉里,有时候我是去打高尔夫了。”
But I had another coach in high school, Gary Holland.
我还有一位高中教练,加里·霍兰德。
He taught me one thing. He taught me what a green light was.
他教会了我一件事情。他教会了我什么是绿灯。
One night I was playing a basketball game, and he says, "Larry, you have the green light."
有一天晚上我在打篮球比赛,他说:“拉里,你得到绿灯了。”
What's a green light?What's that?"
绿灯是什么?那是什么东西?
He goes, "You have the ability to play the game the way you want to play the game.
他继续说道:“你已经具备了随心所欲地去打比赛的能力了。
Do you want to shoot it out there? You shoot.
你想在那里投篮吗?那就投篮吧。
If you want to pass, just make the plays.
如果你想传球,那就传吧。
If you play hard, play well, we win every time.
如果你打得很努力很出色,那我们每次都能获胜。
That green light has been on for 30 years now.
这个绿灯到现在已经开了30年了。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
fortunate ['fɔ:tʃənit]

想一想再看

adj. 幸运的,侥幸的

联想记忆
drill [dril]

想一想再看

n. 钻孔机,钻子,反复操练,播种机
v. 钻

 
coach [kəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱

联想记忆
disappoint [.disə'pɔint]

想一想再看

v. 使 ... 失望

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。