手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 明星73个快问快答 > 正文

第65期:国际婚恋情感专家埃丝特·佩瑞尔(5)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Andersen   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

That's super insightful.

你很有洞察力。
Now Esther, you and I may be on a video call,
埃丝特,虽然我在和你视频通话,
but I can still see the fact that you're wearing some pretty awesome jewelry.
但我仍然可以看到你戴着一些很棒的珠宝。
Yeah. Oh, it's on your hands too. You see?
是的。哦,你手上也有戴着。你看到了吗?
Yeah, that's really, really great. This bracelet.
是啊,真是太棒了。这个手链。
Ah, interesting, and what is the significance or the story behind this bracelet?
啊,有意思,这个手链到底有什么重大意义或者背后有什么故事呢?
I met a woman, her name is Yafit.
我遇到了一个女人,她叫亚菲特。
23 years ago, the day I came out of the hospital with my baby on the street
23年前,当我带着孩子从医院出来的时候,
and we started talking and I've been wearing her jewelry ever since.
我们开始聊天,从那以后我一直戴着跟她同款的首饰。
It's called Goldish, she's in New York City and I just love the thought
略微有些发黄,她住在纽约,我只是抱有这样的想法,
that I have this thing that accompanies me on my hand
我手上这个东西陪伴着我,
and it's become a type of a talisman for me.
成为我的一种护身符。
Do you think that there's a connection between things like daily routines or the clothes that people wear?
你认为日常生活和人们的穿着之间有联系吗?
Oh yeah, absolutely. That contribute to a general sense of positivity?
是啊,绝对是有联系的。会让人产生一种积极的感觉?
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Right now. We need to maintain routine, rituals, and boundaries
是啊,是啊。就现在。我们需要保持日常生活习惯、生活礼节和界限,
so that we can keep a sense of structure, a sense of predictability, and a sense of hope.
以便我们能够保持一种意识结构、对未来可预见性和期望。
Now Esther, you are not just known for having a distinguished career
现在,埃丝特,你的名声不仅仅是因为你的事业大红大紫,
or completing an amazing amount of research,
或者说完成了大量的研究,
you also have some interesting trivia about you.
也有一些关于你的有趣琐事。
I found out that you went to America and you hitchhiked across the entire country.
我发现你去了美国,然后搭顺风车走遍了整个国家。
For two months. Ha. Why, what is the craziest thing that happened on that trip?
这个过程耗时两个月。哈。为什么要这么做呢?那次旅行中发生过的最疯狂的事是什么?
Man, I saw this country like I will never see it again
伙计,我在这个国家所看到的一切,我好像再也见不到了,
because I just followed the kindness of strangers of all walks of life you can imagine.
因为我只是向往着来自各行各业的陌生人的善良,你可以想象得到。
You know, it's a long time ago and I just loved every minute of it. I remember it in details.
你知道的,那是很久以前的事了,我很享受那时候的每分每秒。我记得很详细。
I also find it very interesting that you speak nine languages, is that right?
我还发现你会说九种语言,这很有趣,对吗?
It is. What would people say is the most surprising language that you speak?
是的,你说的最令人惊讶的语言是什么?
Yiddish. Yiddish. Yiddish, have you ever heard of Yiddish?
意第绪语。意第绪语。意第绪语,你听说过意第绪语吗?
Of course I've heard of Yiddish. Yes, I mean, yo. Yes? Yo.
我当然听说过意第绪语。是的,我是说,yo。是吗?yo。
Yeah, that's all I know is just yo, that's the only word I know how to say.
是的,我只知道yo,那是我唯一知道的单词。
Yo, yo. Yeah. Now, I don't need to broadcast the fact that
yo,yo。是的。现在,不用说大家都知道,
you have two amazing podcasts and a New York Times bestseller.
你有两个很棒的播客,你的书登上了《纽约时报》畅销书榜。
I think I just broadcasted it right there anyway,
我想我只是在宣扬一下的,
but what is the most important meaning that people derive from the work that you do?
但是人们从你的工作中得到的最重要的意义是什么呢?
I think that, you know, my motto is that the quality of your relationships
我认为,你知道,我的座右铭是你人际关系的好坏
will determine the quality of your life and for that,
将决定你生活质量的高低,

埃丝特

you need a vocabulary to be able to access the difficult conversations with the people of your life.

你需要一个词汇,才能与你生活圈子里的人艰难对话。
And my work is about helping people do that
我的工作是帮助人们做到这一点,
and that the podcast allows you to listen in on other people's conversations
播客允许你收听别人的谈话,
and where should we begin, but then see yourself reflected in the mirror
我们应该从哪里开始,然后再反观自己,
and then have the vocabulary to be able to have those difficult,
那就要有足够的词汇量来进行
courageous conversations that we all desperately wanna have.
那些我们都非常渴望的艰难、勇敢的对话。
So Esther, what is the next New York Times bestselling book that you're currently working on?
那么,埃丝特,你目前正在写的下一本登上《纽约时报》畅销书榜的书是什么?
I'm not working on a book, I'm working on a documentary exploring the realm of sexuality.
我不是在写书,我在写一部纪录片,探索性的领域。
Well, I'm excited to watch that when it's ready.
好吧,写好之后我会带着激动地心情去看的。
But Esther, this is a shame, we've arrived at question number 73.
但埃丝特,真遗憾,这是本次采访中的最后一个问题了。
I just want you to know that you're not going to escape me
我只是想让你知道,你不会逃避我的要求,
asking for a little personal advice in my own current situation.
基于我的当前情况,请给我提供一些个人建议。
I told you at the beginning. You knew this was coming from the beginning.
采访一开始就告诉过你。你从一开始就知道我会问这个问题。
I knew, I'm waiting. I'm not even gonna say it's for a friend.
我知道,我在等合适的时候。甚至我不会说这个问题是为了我的一个朋友。
This is clearly advice-- I know somebody. Okay, here we go.
这显然是个建议--我认识一个人。好了,我们继续。
So, what do you suggest I do if I'm living at home with my parent
所以,如果我和父母住在家里,
and they're subjecting me to going through bins of my childhood memorabilia in their basement
他们让我在地下室里翻箱倒柜地找童年纪念品,
in a perpetual memory lane that evokes a scene out of Groundhog Day?
一再反复地回忆发生在土拨鼠节的情景,你建议我怎么做?
Listen, I think that every, many, many people
听着,我认为现在每个人,很多,很多的人
are in a state of regression at this moment, you know?
都处于倒退的状态,你知道吗?
People forgot that there's been 10 years between the last time that they've lived at home.
人们忘记了他们最后一次住在家里已经有十年了。
But I also think that would be a unique opportunity is for you to ask them
但我也认为那将是一个独特的机会,你可以问他们,
what are the moments that stand out for them as parents when they raised you
作为父母,当他们养育你时,
and the challenges and the celebrations and the glories and the pains?
迎接挑战、举行庆祝活动、接受赞美和承受痛苦时,有哪些记忆犹新的时刻?
Because the dead are not there and if one day you have your own kids,
因为逝者已不复存在,想必哪一天你也有了自己的孩子,
you're gonna really want to remember, not just what it was like to be a child,
你会真的想记住,不仅仅是当孩子的感觉,
but what it was like to be your own parent.
还有做父母的感觉。
Now, that is some personal advice right there.
现在,这是你提供的一些个人建议。
Thank you so much, Esther. Say hello from me to them.
太感谢你了,埃丝特。代我向他们问好。
Oh, I will, and I wanna thank you for doing this.
噢,我会的,我想感谢你给我提出的建议。
It's incredible that we were able to have you
令人难以置信的是,我们能够顺利
and the subject material be a part of 73 Questions and we did it.
完成这期73个问题的采访,我们做到了。
It's our first remote 73 Questions, awesome job.
这是我们第一次采用远程的方式完成73个问题的采访,棒极了。
It's an honor, thanks a lot.
这是我的荣幸,非常感谢。
It's an honor for me too. Bye. Thank you, Esther.
我也很荣幸。再见,谢谢你,埃丝特。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
distinguished [di'stiŋgwiʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 卓著的,尊敬的 动词distinguish的过

联想记忆
jewelry ['dʒu:əlri]

想一想再看

n. 珠宝,珠宝类

 
courageous [kə'reidʒəs]

想一想再看

adj. 勇敢的

 
remote [ri'məut]

想一想再看

adj. 偏僻的,遥远的,远程的,(感情等)距离很大

联想记忆
motto ['mɔtəu]

想一想再看

n. 座右铭,箴言

联想记忆
kindness ['kaindnis]

想一想再看

n. 仁慈,好意

联想记忆
scene [si:n]

想一想再看

n. 场,景,情景

 
contribute [kən'tribju:t]

想一想再看

vt. 捐助,投稿
vi. 投稿,贡献,是原因

联想记忆
routine [ru:'ti:n]

想一想再看

n. 例行公事,常规,无聊
adj. 常规的,

联想记忆
derive [di'raiv]

想一想再看

v. 得自,起源,引申于

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。