手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > NBA球星感人演讲 > 正文

拉里·伯德的篮球名人堂演讲(3)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I feel very honored to be here.

我很荣幸站在这里。
Having Coach Fitch, coming in NBA, playing for Boston, my first shooting into what to expect.
遇到费奇教练,进入NBA,为波士顿打球,第一次投篮就得手。
But Coach Fitch treat me like a player.
但是费奇教练就把我当成一名普通球员。
He worked me hard. He taught me a lot about the game.
是他让我努力打球。关于这项运动他教会了我很多。
I owed a lot to him. He's what made me what I am today.
我的成功很大程度上归功于他。是他成就了今天的我。
He wanted to accomplish the same feats that I wanted to accomplish, that's to win championships.
他想完成的伟业,也正是我想完成的,那就是赢得冠军。
I can remember in 1981, after a tough year, he was pretty hard. Excuse me?
我记得在1981年,经过困难的一年后,他当时处境很艰难。你说什么?
And... there's about four or five seconds to win a game.
那时,距离赢下比赛大约还有四五秒的时间。
He says, "We need more rebound to win this championship.
他说:“赢下这个冠军,我们需要更多的篮板球。
Somebody get the ball, if we do, you'll finally put a smile on my face."
如果我们拿到球,你们会让我脸上笑开花的。”
He was smiling so wide right then because he knew we had it wrapped up.
随后他露出了灿烂的笑容,因为他知道,我们全神贯注于此。
We went out finished that game. It was the most awesome feeling I've ever had in basketball.
我们打完了那场比赛。那是在我篮球生涯中一种超级棒的感觉。
See, I played a lot of basketball until I got to Boston, but I really never won anything.
你们知道的,在去波士顿之前,我打篮球有很长时间了,但我一直以来没有真正赢过什么。
So that night it was very special not only for me, but my coach.
所以那个夜晚,不仅对我来说很特殊,对我教练来说也同样如此。

拉里·伯德的篮球名人堂演讲

Other coaches that I had, the great K.C. Jones, one of the greatest human beings they were born on this Earth.

我的其他教练,比如说伟大的KC·琼斯,他是地球上最伟大的人类之一。
Feel so lucky and honored to play for him.
能为他打球我感到很幸运,也很荣幸。
I remember in L.A. and the game five of the championship series, we was out there.
我还记得在洛杉矶,当时是整个总决赛系列赛的第五场。
And we were down by two or three points at halftime.
半场的时候我们落后了两三分的样子。
And we come out to warm up before we started the 3rd quarter, and K.C. came walking out and he called me over.
在开始第三节比赛之前,我们出来进行热身,而KC教练走出来,把我叫到一边。
He said, "Larry," he said, "I hate to tell you this. There's been a death threat on your life." "What?"
他说:“拉里,这句话真不想说。你的生命受到了死亡威胁。” “什么?”
He says, "Well, there's been a death threat.
他继续说:“有一份死亡威胁。
So you gotta make a decision whether you want to finish the game
所以你要决定是打完这场比赛,
or go back, sit in the locker room wait till we get done or leave the arena."
还是回去坐在更衣室里,等我们打完然后离开这个场馆。”
So KC just turns and walks away.
说完KC教练转身走开了。
I go right through the layup line on the other side, and I look over here, see KC point at me.
我穿过另一边的上篮线,看见KC教练指着我。
I walk over KC and say, "Now what?"
我走过去对他说:“又怎么了?”
"Because the horns getting ready below here, Larry," he said. "Whatever you do, don't come to the huddle."
“拉里,喇叭已经在底下准备好了。不管你做什么,都别进入人群当中。”
Now you got to understand this is in the finals of the NBA and how cool KC was under the circumstances.
现在你们应该明白了,在NBA的总决赛上,KC在这种情况下是多么的酷。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
threat [θret]

想一想再看

n. 威胁,凶兆
vt. 威胁, 恐吓

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
arena [ə'ri:nə]

想一想再看

n. 竞技场

联想记忆
accomplish [ə'kɔmpliʃ]

想一想再看

vt. 完成

联想记忆
championship ['tʃæmpiənʃip]

想一想再看

n. 锦标赛,冠军,拥护

 
coach [kəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱

联想记忆
decision [di'siʒən]

想一想再看

n. 决定,决策

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。