手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 科学探秘之旅 > 正文

未来的世界会很美好吗?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Anthony here for dnews and guys, I love thinking about the future.

大家好,我是安东尼,欢迎收看本期DNews视频,我真的是很喜欢思考未来。

I basically sit around in meetings here all day doodling space stations and jetpacks, because I don't know what meetings are for.

每次开会的时候,我基本都是坐那儿随手画个空间站,喷气背包什么的,因为我真的不懂开会的意义在哪儿。

So when the government puts out a report on what life is gonna be like in 2030,

所以,政府发布了一份有关2030年的生活会是什么样的报告的时候

I stop doodling, walk out of the meeting,

我就停止涂画走出会议室去研究那个报告了,

because once again, what were we doing in there, and check out the report.

因为,还是那句话,开会到底为个啥?

The document is called global trends 2030.

报告的名字叫“2030全球趋势”。

And it was put out by the National Intelligence Council last week.

报告是国家情报委员会(NIC)上周发布的。

We'll throw a link to it down in the description.

报告的具体链接我会放在视频下方的简介里。

And there's definitely some great sci-fi futuristicism in there.

报告里肯定有一些很给力的科幻未来主义设想。

But there's a lot of scary stuff that could happen - assuming this is indeed the darkest time now.

但也会预测很多很可怕的事情——假设2030就是最黑暗的时刻。

It's pretty intense stuff, especially since we're only talking about 18 years from now.

里面的信息真的会让人很窒息,特别是考虑到谈论的就是18年以后的事情。

So there's a lot of talk about the possibility of human augmentation

报告用很大的篇幅讨论了人体机能增强技术的可能性,

and how it could become as standard and prevalent as plastic surgery.

以及这种技术如何会变得和整形手术一样标准化和流行。

They call out things like eye implants to enable night vision,

报告还呼吁研究眼睛植入,让人类拥有夜视功能,

brain enhancements for memory recall, and even increasing the speed of thought.

增强记忆力的脑部科技以及提高思考速度等技术。

And of course we're all going to have cybernetic strength.

当然了,未来我们所有人都会拥有神经机械学方面的能力。

So far we're on the same page, and I like to cut your jib, National Intelligence Council.

只是,就目前而言,国家情报委员会,咱俩不过就是半斤八两的关系,那我就要以貌取人了。

But then, things get a little bleak.

不过,接下来,事情开始变得有点儿惨淡了。

There's a lot in there about climate change and how it's just gonna plane wreck poor in developing nations.

报告还用了大量的篇幅讨论气候变化问题,以及这一问题会如何毁掉发展中国家的穷人。

It also means entire region's crops are gonna be wiped out.

气候变化也意味着一整个地区的庄稼都会被摧毁。

Add to that the fact that continuing population explosion,

此外,人口持续爆炸,

is gonna up our demands for food, water, and energy by as much as 50%,

我们对食物、水和能源的需求将会上涨足足50%,

and the NIC think it's going to mean increased migration to mega cities.

NIC认为这将意味着会有更多的人搬迁到特大城市。

Think something like Blade Runner meets Kowloon city before it was knocked down.

想象一下把《银翼杀手》里被摧毁前的城市换成香港的九龙。

And this is supposed to be in just 18 years.

而且,这还只是18年后的事情。

2

Luckily, they say all this stuff can be mitigated with good policies and more resources put into key technologies now.

好在,他们表示,采取良好的政策和在关键技术上投入更多资源等办法的话,所有这些问题都不会变得那么严重。

Things like solar energy, genetically modified crops, and advanced biofuels.

比如太阳能、转基因作物和先进的生物燃料等技术。

Also luckily, they're not psychic wizards.

同样幸运的是,NIC那些人也不是能通灵的巫师。

They put out those reports every few years,

他们每隔几年就会发布一次这样的报告,

and while they get a lot of stuff right, they also tend to miss the mark a bit.

虽然有很多问题他们说的都对,但也会存在一些失误。

Humans have a tendency to exaggerate when we picture the future.

人类在描绘未来的时候往往都会比较夸张。

In the 60s, our grandparents were pretty sure that you and I would have flying cars by now.

60年代的时候,我们的祖父母还非常肯定你我现在都已经开上飞车了呢。

And in the 70s even NASA thought we'd have ribbon colonies in space by the year 2000.

70年代的时候,别说普通人,甚至连NASA都认为,到2000年我们就已经在太空拥有一圈殖民地了。

So is the NIC exaggerating?

那么,NIC有没有夸大其词呢?

Or is this stuff we really need to prep for in the next few decades?

又或者,报告中的那些问题真的是我们接下来几十年需要准备应对的问题?

And what do you guys think the future is gonna be like?

大家伙儿觉得未来会是什么样呢?

Let me know down below.

快来评论中告诉我吧。

Oh, and hey, if speculation about the end of the world is your thing,

哦,对了,如果你喜欢猜测世界末日的话,

we're counting down to the mine apocalypse all week here on dnews,

我们这周一整周都有在dnews栏目进行世界末日倒计时,

with all the information you need to know about the supposed end of the world.

所有你需要知道的,关于所谓的世界末日的信息我们都已经整理出来了。

I guess it could happen.

我猜世界末日是真的有可能到来的。

Subscribe now, so you don't miss it.

所以,大家赶快去订阅吧,这样你就不会错过那些知识点啦。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
tendency ['tendənsi]

想一想再看

n. 趋势,倾向

联想记忆
intense [in'tens]

想一想再看

adj. 强烈的,剧烈的,热烈的

联想记忆
plane [plein]

想一想再看

adj. 平的,与飞机有关的
n. 飞机,水平

 
description [di'skripʃən]

想一想再看

n. 描写,描述,说明书,作图,类型

联想记忆
document ['dɔkjumənt]

想一想再看

n. 文件,公文,文档
vt. 记载,(用文件

联想记忆
migration [mai'greiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 移民,移往,移动

 
bleak [bli:k]

想一想再看

adj. 萧瑟的,严寒的,阴郁的

联想记忆
intelligence [in'telidʒəns]

想一想再看

n. 理解力,智力
n. 情报,情报工作,情报

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
plastic ['plæstik, plɑ:stik]

想一想再看

adj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。