手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 牛津英语在线课堂 > 正文

提高英语听力的五个技巧(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:clover   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Remember: you need 100% of your brain power to understand spoken English, or any foreign language.

记住:你需要百分之百的脑力才能听懂英语口语或任何一门外语。
You know what takes a lot of brain power? Translating English into your language! So, you can't do both.
你知道什么才是最耗脑力的吗?把英语翻译成你使用的语言!所以说,鱼与熊掌很难兼得。
Professional interpreters, who translate spoken language as they hear it, have a very difficult job.
专业口译员是一项难度非常高的工作,他们要把听到的内容口译出来。
In fact, they can only work a few hours a day because it requires so much concentration.
事实上,他们每天只能工作几个小时,因为这需要高强度的专注力。

njyyzxkt7.jpg

If you listen to English and try to translate into your language at the same time,

如果你一边听英语,一边试着翻译成自己的母语,
you're trying to be a professional interpreter, except you haven't had the years of training that they've had.
那就是朝着一名专业口译员的方向发展了,只是你没有像他们那样接受过多年的训练。
Also, you're not getting paid like they are.
当然也没有他们那么丰厚的报酬。
Doesn't sound like a good deal, right? Again, when you're listening to spoken English, just listen.
听起来不太划算,对吧?再强调一遍,在听英语口语时,专注地听就行了。
Don't do anything else. Don't try to translate things. Don't worry about words you don't know.
其他事情不要做。不要试着翻译。不要担心听不懂的单词。
Don't think about things you didn't hear. Just listen.
也不要担心没有听到的内容。专心听。
Want to know a simple secret about understanding spoken English?
想知道听懂英语口语的简单秘诀吗?
You don't have to understand what someone said to understand what they mean.
无需听懂别人说的内容就能理解他们的意思。
Wait, what? It's true.
等一下,你说什么?是真的。
Very often, I see English learners focusing too much on the things they don't understand.
我经常看到英语学习者过于纠结他们听不懂的东西。
I hear things like, “There was a word I didn't know, so I couldn't understand."
经常听到这样的话,“有一个单词我不认识,所以我没听懂。”
Here's the thing: understanding doesn't just depend on listening.
问题出来了:所谓理解不仅仅依赖于听。
Very often, there are other things you can use.
通常情况下,你还可以利用其他的方式。
For example, if you're face to face with someone, you can use their body language,
例如,如果你和某人面对面,你可以观察他们的肢体语言,
tone of voice and facial expressions to help you understand what they mean.
语调和面部表情来帮助理解他们的意思。
Also, think about the situation you're in.
同时,想想所处的环境。
What is the other person likely to say? What words are they likely to use? For example, imagine you're at the airport.
对方可能会说什么?他们可能会用到什么词汇?例如,假设你在机场。
You're checking in for your flight.
你要办理登机手续。
What questions might you expect to hear? You'd probably hear questions like: Did you pack these bags yourself?
你会听到什么问题?你可能会听到这样的问题:这些行李是你自己打包的吗?
Have you already checked in online? Would you like an aisle seat or a window seat?
你已经在网上办理登机手续了吗?你想要靠过道的还是靠窗的座位?
Imagine you hear the last question, but you don't know what aisle means.
假设你听到了最后一个问题,但你不知道aisle是什么意思。
Even if you've never heard the word before, it shouldn't stop you from understanding the question.
即使你以前从未听过这个单词,也不会妨碍你理解这个问题。
You know that there are two choices, aisle seat or window seat.
你知道有两种选择,靠过道的座位或靠窗的座位。
You know what window seat means.
你知道靠窗的座位是什么意思。
You know that aisle seat must mean something different from window seat. So, you can work it out.
你知道,靠过道的座位一定和靠窗的座位不一样。所以,你可以推断出来。
Similarly, imagine you hear this: Have you mbrmmnbsmgrm chicken online? Chicken? Did he say ‘chicken'?
同样,想象你听到这样的问题:你在网上XX鸡了吗?鸡肉?他说的是“鸡肉”?
That doesn't make sense… Right, it doesn't make sense.
这说不通啊,对,说不通。
So, probably the person behind the check-in desk didn't say ‘chicken', he probably said ‘check-in',
那么,登机柜台后面的人可能不会说“chicken”,他说的可能是“check-in”,
because that's what you're doing: you're checking in for your flight.
因为这就是你正在做的事情:为航班办理登机手续。
So, when you're listening to spoken English, use everything you can to help you understand.
所以,听英语口语时,要利用一切信息帮助自己理解。
Don't think: “I didn't understand one word, so I can't understand anything." It's just not true!
千万不要这样想:“有一个字没听懂,所以什么都没听明白。”事实并不是这样的!
At the beginning of this lesson, we looked at different situations
在这节课的开始,我们介绍了不同的情景,
where it might be easier or more difficult for you to understand spoken English.
在这些情景下,大家理解英语口语可能会比较容易,也可能会比较困难。
Generally, if you're familiar with something, it'll be easier to understand.
一般来说,如果对某些内容比较熟悉,可能会更容易理解。
For example, if you learn English from a teacher, and your teacher is male and British,
例如,如果跟老师学英语,而你的老师是一位英国男性,
you'll probably find male British voices easier to understand.
你可能会发现男性的英式发音更容易理解。
On the other hand, you might find female voices slightly more difficult.
另一方面,你可能会发现女性的发音理解起来稍微有点难度。
You might find other accents, like American voices or Australian voices, harder to understand.
你还可能会发现其他口音,如美国口音或澳大利亚口音,更难理解。
So, what's the solution? Very simple: listen to as many different voices as possible! Don't limit yourself.
那么,有什么解决办法吗?很简单:尽量多听不同的口音!不要给自己设限。
If you only listen to one kind of English, you'll be good at understanding one kind of English.
如果只听一种英语发音,那么你就只善于听懂一种英语。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
flight [flait]

想一想再看

n. 飞行,航班
n. 奇思妙想,一段楼

 
concentration [.kɔnsen'treiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 集中,专心,浓度

 
tone [təun]

想一想再看

n. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调
vt. 使

 
solution [sə'lu:ʃən]

想一想再看

n. 解答,解决办法,溶解,溶液

联想记忆
professional [prə'feʃənl]

想一想再看

adj. 职业的,专业的,专门的
n. 专业人

 
except [ik'sept]

想一想再看

vt. 除,除外
prep. & conj.

联想记忆
slightly ['slaitli]

想一想再看

adv. 些微地,苗条地

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆
aisle [ail]

想一想再看

n. (席位间的)通道,侧廊

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。