手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 美国名师雅思视频课程 > 正文

雅思口语 如何把故事讲得扣人心弦(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi there. Welcome back to engVid with me, Benjamin.

嗨,同学们好。我是本杰明,欢迎大家和我一起回到我们的engVid英语课堂。

Today we are looking at the art of storytelling.

今天我们要讨论的是讲故事的技巧。

Who is this useful to?

这节课会对哪些人有用呢?

Well, you may find that in an interview situation,

事实上,大家会发现,在面试的时候,

being able to tell a good story could help you, as long as it's appropriate to the interview;

能够讲好故事也是一种优势,只要你讲的故事符合面试要求;

also, IELTS speaking, being able to sort of go beyond yourself and say more than you normally would

而且,在雅思口语考试里,能够超越自己,比平时说多一点

is going to benefit you in terms of sounding fluent;

也是对大家很有帮助的,说得多也会给人感觉你的英语说得很流利;

and also, conversational, social skills - it's good to be able to tell a story.

另外,能够讲好故事也是一种对话技巧,一种社交技巧。

Now, what I'm going to be sharing with you today

今天我要跟大家分享的

has taken me a lot of time, a lot of experience to figure out the truth of this,

是我花了很多时间,借鉴了我很多的经验才摸索出来的一个真理,

and I've basically worked out that this is right. Okay?

而且,就我自己的亲身经历来看也是没错的,好吧。

So, two parts in today's lesson: We've got basic storytelling;

今天的内容分两个部分:基本的讲故事技巧;

and then if you want to be clever clogs, you can add in the extra elements.

但如果你想当一个聪明绝顶的讲述者,那你就需要往你的故事中加点料。

So, a basic story has what Aristotle, the Greek philosopher, came up with 2,000 years ago.

一个故事大致应该包含希腊哲学家亚里士多德2000年前就提出来的几个要素。

It has three consistent things: It talks about place-okay?

他提出了故事的三大要素:地点。

it happens in a place; it happens at a time, a certain time; and there are characters involved.

故事要有发生的地点吧?要有发生的时间吧?还有就是故事涉及的人物。

And these should be smooth.

而且这三者之间应该是自然不牵强的。

He talked about how we should have a clear story idea, it happens in time order.

亚里士多德说,我们应该有一个清晰的故事思路,故事要遵循时间原则。

So this relates to us today telling a good story. Okay?

这就跟我们今天要讲的讲好故事有关了。

It should happen at a certain point.

我们讲的故事应该发生在某个特定的时间点。

We need to know where. Okay?

此外,我们还要知道故事发生的地点。

Place, setting, similar idea.

比如哪个地方,什么背景这样。

Which characters do you have in the story?

(第三,)你在故事中有哪些角色?

A plot. there's got to be a reason for telling it:

也就是情节。你讲这个故事得有讲它的原因:

"Is it an unusual story? Is it funny? Is it interesting?"

“是很不同寻常?很搞笑?还是很有意思?”

What's the ending?

结局是什么?

You don't want to leave your audience, going: "Oh", at the end of the story.

你不会希望你讲完故事,观众的反应就是一个“哦”字吧?

You've got to think: "This story has got to have a good ending." Okay?

你得想着:“这个故事必须有一个好的收场。”好吗?

Otherwise you leave them with not a very good feeling.

否则,你就无法给大家留下很好的印象。

Okay. So, if I'm going to demonstrate this, I will tell you a story.

好的。我要说明就只能自己给大家讲一个故事了。

So, the time that this took place.

首先,故事发生的时间。

So this was last summer, and the place: I was trying to get to the airport.

时间是去年夏天,地点:我去机场的路上。

I was trying to get to Gatwick Airport, just outside of London.

我当时正想去伦敦郊外的盖特威克机场。

To set the scene a bit, we've got a friend's wedding happening in Italy.

(故事)背景是我们有一个朋友要在意大利办婚礼了。

Taking my son and wife on a flight out to Italy.

我要带着我的儿子和妻子坐飞机去意大利。

Very important that we get there, lots of friends there,

这次行程非常重要,因为很多朋友都会去,

and traffic starts piling up and it starts getting quite tight-the time.

但是路上开始越来越堵了,我们的时间也开始变得紧张起来。

Are we going to get on the plane or not?

我们到底还能不能赶上飞机?

Okay, so now we need to include some more plot elements.

好的,现在,我们就需要加入更多的情节元素了。

So, what was unusual is that I told my wife:

不同寻常的是,我跟我妻子说:

"Look, if we carry on like this, we're not going to catch the plane."

“听着,如果再这么堵下去,我们就赶不上飞机了。”

So we swapped over, and she started driving down the hard shoulder.

于是,我们交换了位置,她把车开上了紧急停车带(hard shoulder)。

It's not about your shoulder;

我说的这个shoulder不是你的那个shoulder,

3

it means the side bit of the road that you're not really meant to drive on.

而是我们平时不应该把车开上去的那个车道。

And kind of the funny bit is that we got through this horrendous traffic on the most nasty, the nastiest road in the U.K.,

有点搞笑的是,我们就这样成功地开出了全英国交通拥堵情况最最糟糕的路,

which is the M25, which is more sort of sitting around than actually driving anywhere.

也就是M25公路,走那条路根本就不像开车,倒像是在那上面干坐着。

We got through this nasty traffic.

我们顺利摆脱了拥堵的交通。

It looked like we were going to catch the flight, and then we ran out of petrol 10 miles from the airport.

我们似乎是能赶上飞机了,结果,就在离机场10英里的地方,我们的车子又没油了。

Fortunately, we did manage to get onto the flight eventually, after a few more mishaps.

幸运的是,又经过了几番曲折之后,我们终于还是赶上了飞机。

Okay? So we've got a rough story there, which I can now make quite a lot better by adding in these elements.

以上就是故事的大致内容了,但我还能通过添加这些元素来让这个故事变得格外精彩。

First of all, if you're sat around with a group of people,

首先,当你身边围坐了一群人的时候,

you don't just suddenly start telling a story,

你不能冷不丁地就开始讲故事,

and you shouldn't really plan what stories you're going to tell.

也不能事先就设计好你要讲的故事。

A story should come out of what has been spoken, what people are talking about,

你要讲的故事应该跟你们正在聊的话题有关,

otherwise it's like: "Well, what are you talking about?" Okay?

不然,大家就会觉得,“什么鬼,你在说什么啊?”明白了吗?

So there's got to be a link.

所以,一定要有关联。

So, if I was telling this story, maybe I would be talking to friends about holidays, about getting to planes,

比如,如果我要讲上面这个故事,那我应该在跟朋友聊度假,聊登机之类的话题的时候讲,

and I would say something like:

而且,我还要先说一句:

"This...Yeah, I've had a bad experience before of trying to get to the airport.

“说起来……对了,我有一次去机场也是挺惨的。

I'll tell you about this time last summer..."

我跟你们讲,去年夏天那次……”

Okay? So, linking it to the conversation.

看懂了吗?要把你的故事和你们的聊天联系起来。

Beginning well.

要有一个好的开头。

"I'll tell you a little tale." Okay?

比如“给你讲个小故事。”

It's quite sort of soft and polite, but rather than being...it invites people to listen in.

这样听起来就比较柔和,比较礼貌,而不是像个摩托车一样“呜呜呜呜”(突兀),给大家一个准备。

It kind of quietens things down, and people start listening.

让环境安静下来,让大家做好听下去的准备。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
appropriate [ə'prəupriət]

想一想再看

adj. 适当的,相称的
vt. 拨出(款项)

联想记忆
demonstrate ['demənstreit]

想一想再看

vt. 示范,演示,证明
vi. 示威

联想记忆
unusual [ʌn'ju:ʒuəl]

想一想再看

adj. 不平常的,异常的

联想记忆
eventually [i'ventjuəli]

想一想再看

adv. 终于,最后

 
scene [si:n]

想一想再看

n. 场,景,情景

 
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
conversation [.kɔnvə'seiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 会话,谈话

联想记忆
flight [flait]

想一想再看

n. 飞行,航班
n. 奇思妙想,一段楼

 
plot [plɔt]

想一想再看

n. 阴谋,情节,图,(小块)土地,
v. 绘

 
shoulder ['ʃəuldə]

想一想再看

n. 肩膀,肩部
v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。