手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 美国名师雅思视频课程 > 正文

雅思口语 如何把故事讲得扣人心弦(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

There need to be things in the story that grab people's attention.

其次,你的故事要有吸引人眼球的地方。

So...

所以……

And this kind of links to this next point of embellishment and exaggeration.

这就不得不提我们接下来要说的润色和夸张这两种技巧了。

"Embellishment" means adding, adding a little bit of colour. Okay?

“润色”就是给你的故事增加,增加点色彩,懂吧?

So, if we've got someone's face.

比如我们要画一个人的脸。

I'm not an artist, but if we're going to embellish this,

我画得不专业哈,如果我们要给它润色的话,

we're going to improve it by putting in some more sort of details.

我们就要通过给它加入更多的细节来改善它。

We're going to give them some hair, we're going to give them quite a thick neck.

我们可以画点儿头发,再画一个粗粗的脖子。

Embellishment: Putting more in.

润色:增添细节。

"Exaggeration". Okay?

接下来是“夸张”。

So we're not going to do an entirely accurate picture;

这幅画我们不用画得特别准确;

we're going to say that actually the man has a wart here, and we're going to find interesting details.

假如这个人这里有个疣,我们要关注的是有意思的细节部分。

For example, his tongue hangs out of his mouth. Okay?

比如,他的舌头伸出来了,大家明白了吧?

The detail is going for more and more...

细节要越来越……

It's not just information; it's kind of layers to the story.

细节它不仅仅是一种信息,还能丰富故事层面。

So, let's put this into practice with the story I'm telling about the airport.

接下来,我们就把这种技巧应用到我刚讲的有关机场的故事试一下。

Okay, so it was half past 4:00 on a Friday.

时间是周五的下午4点半。

We have to be at the airport at quarter past 5:00.

我们必须在5:15到达机场。

The M25 is gridlock; it's standstill, and I was tearing my hair out-not literally,

M25已经堵死了,完全走不动,我的头皮都要被我挠秃了,不是真的挠秃了啊,

thinking: "How on earth am I going to get to the airport?"

心想:“这我还怎么到机场啊?”

Luckily, my wife can be quite James-Bond-like and she...

幸运的是,我的妻子就像邦德一样,她……

we swapped over, and she started tearing down the hard shoulder.

我们交换了座位,她就在应急车道上风驰电掣地开了出去。

She was...okay, So now I need to exaggerate a bit.

她……好了,现在我要稍微夸张一点点了。

She was slamming on the accelerator,

她猛踩油门,

she was hitting 60 as all the other cars were going just 5 or 10 miles an hour,

车速直接飙到了60(英里/小时),而其他人的车速却只有5到10的样子,

and we were just sailing past them, cruising past,

我们就那么从大家的身旁飞驰而过,

thinking that nothing was going to go wrong. We were invincible - we were on that plane. Okay?

心想着不会出事,挡我者死,这趟飞机我们坐定了!

So I'm adding in a few details.

看见了吧,这里我就补充了几个细节。

Now I need to add in some suspense.

现在我要设置悬念了。

So, just as everything looked like it was going to work out happily ever after, the car slowly came to a halt.

于是,就在看起来我们就要欢喜大结局的时候,车子慢慢停了下来。

And I don't know if you've stood by the edge of the motorway before,

不知道大家以前有没有到高速公路的路边停留过,

but it's not the best place to be standing;

但那绝对不是个停留的好地方;

you've got tankers going past, your car starts shaking, you're worrying whether you're safe.

罐车从你身边开过,你的车开始摇摇晃晃,你会开始担心自己的安全。

And at that point, we said: "Oh my goodness, me, what do we do now?

这个时候我们的反应是:“啊,我晕,我们现在该怎么办?

Do we just abandon the car, in which case we'll get a huge fine and lose the car?

我们应该把车丢在这儿自己走吗?那样就会吃好大一笔罚款,车子也会丢。

Do we try and fill up the car with petrol? How do we do this?" Okay?

还是说我们应该想办法给车加满油?上哪儿加油呢?”

So what I'm doing with suspense is I want the people to want to know what happened in the story. Okay?

设置这个悬念是因为我想让大家知道故事里究竟发生了什么,大家懂我的意思吧?

So, the next chapter.

接下来,故事有了新的进展。

Along comes a taxi, I'm holding out a jerry can. Okay?

来了一辆出租车,我便拿出了一个jerry can。

A "jerry can" means a tank for petrol, a jerry can.

“jerry can”就是简便油桶。

He stops, I jump in the taxi.

等他停下,我就跳上了出租车。

We go fast, fast, fast, fast, fast.

我们走得很快很快很快很快很快。

We go to a petrol station, and then we are going the wrong way up this motorway, and I can see the car over there.

我们去了一个加油站,结果我们就开到了高速公路的另一个方向,我看到我的车就在对面。

And the man says to me: "Well, it would be quicker if you ran across the motorway,

出租车师傅说:“那个,如果你跑过去的话,会比我们开过去快点儿,

rather than going all the way back to the M25 and back down again."

不然我们要一直开到头再掉头回来。”

What I'm doing here is I'm using dialogue;

这里我又插入了一段对话;

I'm using words from a character to make us imagine the story a bit more. Okay?

用人物对话来帮助大家想象故事的内容,大家学会了吗?

And now what I want to be doing is putting it into the present tense, it helps us imagine the story a little bit more.

这里我想用现在时态来帮助大家更好地发挥想象。

So I'm there, I'm standing on the side of the road and I'm seeing these cars flying past at 70 miles an hour.

我就下了车,站在公路边上,看着那些车子以70英里的时速从我身边飞过。

I'm thinking: "You want me to run across there? You must be joking."

我心想:“你让我跑过去?你开玩笑吧你?”

So I refused his kind offer, and we carried on going.

于是,我拒绝了他好心的建议,我们继续往前开。

3

At that point I receive a phone call, a phone call from my wife, saying: "Honey, I have left the car.

就在这时,我接到一个电话,是我妻子打来的,她说:“亲爱的,我下车了。

You'll find a couple of things in the car.

车里有几样东西。

I'm in a lorry. It's fine. We're going to the airport."

我搭了一辆货车,我们没事,我们已经在去机场的路上了。”

I'm thinking: "What? You've left the car, you're in a lorry? What on earth is going on here?"

我心想:“啥?你下车了?搭了一辆货车?到底怎么回事啊?”

I get to the car, I jump into it.

我上了车,跳进车里。

I forget: "Oh yeah, I need to put the petrol back into the tank."

我忘了:“哦,对了,我还得把汽油加到油箱里。”

I say: "Good bye, Mr. taxi driver, thank you very much."

我跟师傅道别,我说:“太感谢您了师傅,师傅再见。”

And then I start tearing it down to Gatwick Airport. Okay?

然后我就朝盖特威克机场一路狂开了过去。

I need to be aware that I can't go on, and on, and on.

我得意识到我不能再继续赘述下去了。

If I speak for too long, the people I'm telling the story to are going to be like: "Benjamin, boring". Okay?

如果讲太久,听我讲故事的人就会开始说,“本杰明,你好无聊啊”了。

I get to the airport, I take, ripped off my jumper, I'm running through, I've parked the car,

我到了机场,我就扯下套头衫,冲过去停车,

and I, running, running, running, running, running, running, running, running, running, sweating, flying through.

然后我就跑啊跑啊跑啊跑,一直跑一直跑一直跑,跑了一身汗。

We all get on to the plane by the skin of our teeth, which means we only just got there.

结果差点儿没(by the skin of our teeth)赶上飞机,意思就是我们刚上飞机就起飞了。

I'll write that phrase out for you.

这个短语我写一下。

"By the skin of our. By the skin of my teeth". Okay?

“我们差点儿,我差点儿”……

By the skin of my teeth we made it.

我们差点儿就没成功。

Then we need to link back into the conversation. Okay?

接下来我们回到刚才的故事。

By the skin of my teeth.

差大儿没……

I need. It can't just be all about me. Yeah?

我还要,不能只我一个人说对吧?

There are other people in this room that I've been sharing this story to. Okay?

房间里还有其他人,我的故事就是分享给他们听的对吧?

It's not a performance.

又不是表演。

I'm not in the theatre, going: "Da-da-da-da-da".

我又不是在剧院,说完了就能“哒哒哒哒哒”(地谢幕)了。

We're talking; conversation is two ways.

我们毕竟是在聊天嘛,聊天就是双向的。

So, I need to say: "So, how about you, Jerry, do you like airports?"

所以,我还需要说一句:“那杰瑞你呢?你喜欢机场吗?”

Ask them a question.

问他们一个问题。

Put the focus back on the other person.

把焦点转移回对方身上。

And, really, this is the number one tip: You need to go with the flow;

这也是讲故事最重要的一个点:要顺其自然;

especially if you're telling a story with someone else, if you're both telling it. Okay?

尤其是你在跟另一个人讲故事,你们都在讲故事的时候。

One of you might go more for detail, one of you might go more for exaggeration.

你们可能一个细节讲的比较多,一个夸张地比较多。

It's okay to exaggerate, as long as the story is recognizable.

只要是故事的形还在,夸张是没有问题的。

Find a way to tell the story together.

大家要想办法和对方一起来讲故事。

Hope you've enjoyed this video.

希望大家喜欢今天的视频。

Have the story, but have fun with it, too.

讲故事,但请用有趣的方式来讲。

Go tell some great stories.

祝大家都能讲出精彩的故事。

Until next time, good bye.

我们下次视频再见,再见。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
recognizable ['rekəgnaizəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可认识的,可承认的,可辨别的

 
embellishment [im'beliʃmənt]

想一想再看

n. 装饰,润色,修饰

 
accurate ['ækjurit]

想一想再看

adj. 准确的,精确的

联想记忆
plane [plein]

想一想再看

adj. 平的,与飞机有关的
n. 飞机,水平

 
boring ['bɔ:riŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 令人厌烦的

 
embellish [im'beliʃ]

想一想再看

v. 修饰,装饰,润色

联想记忆
shoulder ['ʃəuldə]

想一想再看

n. 肩膀,肩部
v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩

 
abandon [ə'bændən]

想一想再看

v. 放弃,遗弃,沉溺
n. 放纵

联想记忆
invincible [in'vinsibl]

想一想再看

adj. 不可征服的,难以制服的

联想记忆
exaggeration [ig.zædʒə'reiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 夸张,夸大

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。