手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > NBA球星感人演讲 > 正文

查尔斯·巴克利的篮球名人堂演讲(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I see a lot of people at here tonight.

我今晚在这里见到了许多人。
Coach Thompson is one of my heroes, I just respected him cuz he builds men.
汤普森教练是我心中的英雄,我很尊敬他,因为他定义了男子气概。
I want to thank Kareem, you know the first time I met Kareem I was really nervous,
我想感谢卡里姆,我第一次见到卡里姆的时候真的很紧张,
and you know he won't really talk to the fellow, but I say, "Hey,"
你们知道的,他一般不会和其他人聊天,但是我还是跟他打了招呼。
I got to meet Kareem. I mean, this guy as I grew up with watching, I had to meet him.
我见到了卡里姆。我打小就看他打球,所以我必须要和他见面。
And I just want to thank, Joe touched on it, man, all these Hall of Famers and great NBA players,
就像乔之前提到的,我想感谢所有的名人堂成员、NBA的各位伟大球员,
I thank y'all for making NBA, for giving me everything in my life.
感谢你们打造了NBA,感谢你们给我提供了我人生中的一切。
I tell people, I'm 43 years old, I've never had a job.
我会跟别人说,我今年43岁了,可我从来没有工作过。
I've never had a job, I don't ever want one either.
我从来没有工作过,当然我自己也不想有工作。
I mean, I figured out a long time ago work was really overrated.
我很久以前就觉得,工作真的被过度强调了。
And my favorite teammate with the Rockets was a guy named Eddie Johnson, and I just want to share tonight with those guys.
我在火箭时期最喜欢的队友是一个叫做艾迪·约翰逊的家伙,我很愿意把今晚和这些人一起分享。
And now, my life now is fantastic, I thank all the people,
我现在的生活很美妙,我要感谢所有人,
my financial advising agent at here, Glenn Guthrie, and Mark Berman, thank you all for protecting my money.
比如我的财务咨询经纪人,格伦·格思里还有马克·伯曼,感谢你们打理我的财务。
My first agent was a crook, and I thank you guys for protecting my money.
我的第一位经纪人是个骗子,我也很感谢他“守护”好了我的钱。
And I want to thank one person in particular before I get to my TNT family, Dick Ebersol, I talked to Dick today.
我还要感谢一个人,那是在我加入TNT之前,他叫迪克·爱博索,我今天和迪克交流了一下。

查尔斯·巴克利的篮球名人堂演讲

Dick is the first person who talked about me going into television.

迪克是第一个和我谈论进入电视行业的人。
And I want to thank him because I'm with a great family now.
我想感谢他,因为我现在拥有一个很棒的团队。
TNT, you guys have been fantastic, I thank all of you for coming up here.
也就是TNT,你们各位真的太棒了,很感谢你们所有人能来这里。
I know it's a... y'all see Ernie, you know Ernie has been going and going on cancer treatment
你们都知道厄尼一直在治疗癌症,
I really appreciate him coming up here. You know I do.
所以我真的很感激他能来到这里。
You know, Ernie is... I told Ernie he need to be more like me and Kenny.
厄尼是一个....我跟厄尼谈过,他应该更像我和肯尼那样。
And I said, "Well you... it's best you go bald because I'm not sure you want to be black." But I'm glad he's here.
我说:“你变秃了还挺好的,因为我不确定你想变成一个黑人。”但是他能来我真得很开心。
Kenny couldn't be here. Kenny got married last weekend so he's on his honeymoon.
肯尼不在这里。他上周末刚结婚,所以他现在在度蜜月。
I said, "Kenny, it's no big deal that you're not here. You go. I mean, you're only gonna get married one time."
我跟他说:“肯尼,你没来没关系的。你去忙你的吧。毕竟结婚这件事一辈子就这一次。”
And then I said, "Well, this is your third marriage so..."
后来我跟他说:“额,原来这是你的第三段婚姻了...”
All these guys have said, said everything. I am so lucky and honored.
说了这么多人这么多事。我觉得自己很幸运,也很荣幸。
I see Doc Rivers, who has been a friend. Arthur has been a friend. I see so many... I really....
我看见了道格·里弗斯,他跟我是朋友。亚瑟也是我的朋友。我还看见了许多人...
One thing I've been very conscious of is when I see all you Hall of Famers, Mr. Havlicek and all you guys.
有一件事我一直很在意,就是当我看到在座的名人堂成员,比如哈夫利切克先生,还有各位。
I appreciate what y'all did for me, because Doc told me something one time that I never forgot.
我感谢你们所有人为我做的一切,因为道格曾经跟我说过一句话,我永远不会忘记。
He said, "We are caretakers of the game." I never forget that.
他说:“我们是这项运动的守护者”。我从未忘过。
The game is about the players.
这项运动与球员密切相关。
You know, fans going to come and go depending on how well you play.
球迷追随与否,完全取决于你的表现。
The media going to write things about you depending on how well you play.
媒体写的有关你的内容,也完全取决于你的表现。
The players, it's a special group when you a player.
球员是一个特殊的群体。
And I thank all you older players for opening these doors for me, for doing all of the heavy lifting,
我很感激你们这些老运动员为我打开的这扇门,也很感激你们挑起的重担,
this has been a great night for me and all my family and friends.
这个夜晚对我自己、我的家人、我的朋友来说太美妙了。
And from Leeds, to Auburn, to Philadelphia, to Phoenix, to Houston, to TNT,
一切从利兹开始,到奥本大学,到费城,到菲尼克斯,到休斯顿,再到TNT,
now it finishes up at the Hall of Fame, and I thank y'all.
现在在名人堂落幕,我对你们所有人深表感激。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
conscious ['kɔnʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 神志清醒的,意识到的,自觉的,有意的

联想记忆
coach [kəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱

联想记忆
teammate ['ti:mmeit]

想一想再看

n. 队友

联想记忆
fantastic [fæn'tæstik]

想一想再看

adj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的

 
particular [pə'tikjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的
n.

联想记忆
respected [ri'spektid]

想一想再看

adj. 受尊敬的 v. 尊敬;重视(respect的过

 
touched [tʌtʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的

 
appreciate [ə'pri:ʃieit]

想一想再看

vt. 欣赏,感激,赏识
vt. 领会,充分意

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。