手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 大脑洞开的生命奇想 > 正文

熬夜和睡过头的危害

来源:可可英语 编辑:hoy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey there, welcome to Life Noggin.

大家好,欢迎来到大脑洞开的生命奇想。
I'd be willing to bet that we're all guilty of staying up late and sleeping in, at least once, or in my case many, many times.
我愿意打赌,我们都至少有一次因熬夜和睡懒觉而感到愧疚,或者就我的情况而言,很多很多次。
I'm sure you know that getting a good night's sleep is good for you and staying up all hours of the night isn't,
我敢肯定你知道晚上睡个好觉对你有好处,通宵熬夜就不好了,
but oversleeping is also associated with health problems.
但是睡过头也与健康问题有关。
To help with this video, I brought in a sleep scientist, Juniper.
为了帮助制作这个视频,我请来了一位睡眠科学家朱尼珀。
Yeah, about that, I kinda lied to get on this episode. I just stream video games.
关于这个事情,为了上这集,我撒了谎。我只是流媒体视频游戏。
Oh, so do you know anything about sleep? Well, I don't get a lotta sleep almost every night and I'm constantly tired.
关于睡觉你知道什么事情呢?我几乎每晚都睡不好觉,一直都很累。
You're hired. So, which is worse for your health staying up or sleeping in?
你被雇佣了。哪个对你的健康更有害,熬夜还是睡懒觉?
When we're lucky they go hand in hand, you sleep in after staying up late, but that's not often possible.
如果幸运的话,你会在熬夜后睡过头,但这通常是不可能的。
Especially when you have work or school in the morning.
尤其是你需要早上上班或上学的时候。
You're usually missing out on sleep when you stay up or under sleeping.
当你熬夜或睡眠不足的时候,你通常睡不上好觉。
So let's see how this compares to sleeping too much. Oversleeping.
让我们来看看这和睡得太多有什么区别。睡过头。
Deciding when you go to sleep, may not be entirely up to you.
决定什么时候睡觉,并不完全取决于你自己。
Scientists have found that your sleep chronotype or internal clock is tied to certain genes, but how much sleep you get is another matter.
科学家们发现,人的睡眠类型或生物钟与某些基因有关,但睡眠时间长短则是另一回事。
And there is a general consensus that missing out on your required sleep can lead to a lot of health issues.
人们普遍认为,缺少必要的睡眠会导致很多健康问题。
So Blocko, does everyone need a certain amount of sleep each day?
宝高,每个人每天都需要一定量的睡眠吗?
According to the National Sleep Foundation, this sleep need ranges from 17 hours for newborns to seven hours for adults,
根据国家睡眠基金会的数据,新生儿需要的睡眠时间从17小时到成人7小时不等,
with teenagers and young adults needing around nine hours of sleep a day.
青少年和年轻人每天需要大约9个小时的睡眠。
Of course, this is gonna vary depending on the person.
当然,这因人而异。
Is that nine hours of sleep thing like mandatory or?
九个小时的睡眠是必需的吗?
Or people that regularly miss this mark are at a higher risk of developing psychological,
或者经常睡不够的人更有可能出现心理,
neurological, gastrointestinal and respiratory disorders as well as heart disease.
神经、胃肠和呼吸系统疾病以及心脏病吗?
So that's a yes. In a 2013 study of 6,500 patients, researchers found that
是的。在2013年一项针对6500名患者的研究中,研究人员发现,
people who typically slept less than six hours a night were more likely to have a stroke,
与每晚睡6到8小时的人相比,每晚睡眠通常不足6小时的人更容易患中风,
congestive heart failure, and a heart attack compared to those who slept six to eight hours a night.
充血性心力衰竭和出现心脏病发作。
Lack of sleep had also been linked to type two diabetes.
睡眠不足也与二型糖尿病有关。
Without a good night's rest, our hormones struggled to regulate processes like hunger and weight control.
晚上休息不好,我们的荷尔蒙挣扎着去调节像饥饿和体重控制这样的过程。
And researchers have found that when you miss out on sleep, less insulin is released after you eat.
研究人员发现,当你缺少睡眠的时候,你吃过东西后释放的胰岛素会更少。
Insulin is a chemical that helps your muscles, fat, and liver cells absorb sugar, where it's stored until your body needs energy.
胰岛素是一种化学物质,可以帮助你的肌肉、脂肪和肝细胞吸收糖,肝细胞里储存着糖,在你身体需要时提供能量。
But that doesn't mean that oversleeping is good for you.
但这并不意味着睡过头对你有好处。

熬夜和睡过头的危害.png

That same 2013 study on heart disease also found that subjects who slept for more than eight hours a night

这个2013年的关于心脏病的研究也发现,每晚睡眠超过8小时的研究对象
were at higher risk for coronary artery disease and angina,
患冠状动脉疾病和心绞痛的风险更高,
which is the medical term for chest pain caused by reduced blood flow to the heart and like losing sleep,
心绞痛是一个医学术语,指的是由于流向心脏的血液减少和失眠而引起的胸痛,
oversleeping can also increase your risk of type two diabetes though the reasons for this are less clear.
睡过头还会增加患二型糖尿病的风险,虽然原因还不清楚。
Aside from all these health issues, what are the chances that you'll actually die from either staying up or sleeping in?
除了这些健康问题,你死于熬夜或睡过头的几率有多大?
Well, I hate to be that guy, but it could happen.
我讨厌成为谈这个的人,但这是可能发生的。
Did you say die? Why is everything you talk about so dangerous?
你是说死亡吗?为何你说的每件事都很危险呢?
Ah, I see you've been subscribed to this channel for a while, huh?
我看你订阅这个频道已经有一段时间了,是吧?
Due to the higher prevalence of all these health problems,
由于这些健康问题普遍存在,
both those who go to sleep late and sleep in, have a greater risk of death.
熬夜和睡过头的人都有更高的死亡风险。
A meta analysis combining the data of 16 studies and over 1 million subjects found that
对16项研究的数据和100多万名受试者进行荟萃分析后发现,
compared to adults who sleep the normal seven to eight hours,
与正常睡眠7至8小时的成年人相比,
those who slept less than seven hours a night had a 12% greater risk of death.
那些每晚睡眠时间少于7小时的人死亡的风险要高12%。
And those who slept more than eight hours had a 30% greater risk.
睡眠时间超过8小时的人死亡的风险要高30%。
So do yourself a favor and try your best to get your required amount of sleep.
所以帮自己一个忙,尽量保证你所需要的睡眠量。
Chances are you probably have something going on in the morning and you're gonna have to wake up early.
有可能你早上有事情,你不得不早起。
So don't stay up too late. It seems like it's really bad. I hope this helped you, Juniper.
所以不要熬夜太晚。这似乎很糟糕。希望这对你有帮助,朱尼珀。
Maybe now you'll get some more sleep. Juniper? Huh, did you say something?
或许你以后能多睡一会儿。朱尼珀?你说了什么事吗?
Are you streaming during this video? Oh yeah, but don't worry,
你在这个视频中串流了吗?是的,但是不要担心,
if someone donates 100,000 bits, I get to sleep for 25 minutes.
如果有人捐了十万比特,我就可以睡25分钟。
Okay, well, I don't know what that means, but tell me how much sleep do you actually get? Be honest.
我不知道这是什么意思,但是告诉我你能睡多长时间的觉?说实话。
Let me know in the comments section below.
请在下面评论区告诉我。
If you wanna see more of Juniper, you should check out her YouTube channel.
如果你还想看到朱尼珀,你应该访问她的油管频道。
She makes great videos and streams a bunch. So click the first link in the description to go support her and check her out.
她制作了很多很棒的视频和流媒体内容。所以点击描述中的第一个链接去支持她,看她的视频吧。
As always, my name is Blocko. This has been Life Noggin. Don't forget to keep on thinking.
我是宝高。这里是脑洞大开的生命奇想。不要忘记继续思考。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
insulin ['insjulin]

想一想再看

n. 胰岛素

 
internal [in'tə:nəl]

想一想再看

adj. 国内的,内在的,身体内部的

 
mandatory ['mændətəri]

想一想再看

adj. 命令的,强制性的,受委托的 n. 受托管理者

联想记忆
stroke [strəuk]

想一想再看

n. 笔画,击打,一笔(画)连续的动作,中风,

联想记忆
willing ['wiliŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的

 
consensus [kən'sensəs]

想一想再看

n. 共识,一致,合意
n. [生理]交感

联想记忆
constantly ['kɔnstəntli]

想一想再看

adv. 不断地,经常地

 
psychological [.saikə'lɔdʒikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 心理(学)的

 
respiratory [ri'spirətəri]

想一想再看

adj. 呼吸的,与呼吸有关的

 
guilty ['gilti]

想一想再看

adj. 有罪的,内疚的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。