Welcome to English in a Minute from home.
欢迎来到居家版《一分钟英语》栏目。
Silver is a valuable metal. It's also a color.
银是一种贵重金属。银色也是一种颜色。
But this expression makes it seem like it has to do with weather.
但是这个短语让它看起来好像和天气有关。
Anna, are you planting in your garden?
安娜,你在花园里种菜吗?
No! The rabbits dug up my carrots.
没有!兔子把我的胡萝卜都挖走了。
Awe. That's too bad. But why do you seem so happy?
额。那太糟了。但你为什么看起来这么高兴呢?
They also dug up my ring. I lost it last month gardening.
它们还挖出了我的戒指。我上个月园艺时把戒指弄丢了。
Well, every cloud has a silver lining.
真是否极泰来啊。
Clouds block the sun, but sometimes sunlight gets through.
云朵会遮住太阳,但有时,阳光能穿透云层。
The light creates a silver-colored outline around the clouds.
光线会在云朵的周围形成一个银色的轮廓。
So "every cloud has a silver lining" means even a bad situation can have a good side, too... even if you can't see it right away.
所以every cloud has a silver lining的意思就是,就算是很糟糕的情况,也会有好的一面,即使你不会马上就看到。
And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》!