手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > NBA球星感人演讲 > 正文

帕特里克·尤因的篮球名人堂演讲(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

I'd also like to thank my brothers in arms, Mr. Alonzo Mourning, Dikembe Mutombo.

我还要感谢我的好兄弟,阿隆佐·莫宁、迪肯贝·穆托姆博。
It was funny Dikembe tell the story about how I taught him the work ethic or whatever he said.
迪肯贝给别人讲了我是如何教会他职业道德的故事,这真的超搞笑。
Because from the first day that I met this man, I could not understand a word that he was saying.
因为从第一天我见到这个家伙开始,我就听不懂他说的一个字儿。
You know, Coach Thompson, who called me up I was at home in Maryland, I might been in New Jersey.
有一天,我正待在马里兰的家中,也许是在新泽西的家中,汤普森教练给我打了个电话。
And he said, "Son, there's this boy we have to get. This young boy's name is Alonzo Mourning.
他说:“小子,有一个小男孩儿,我们必须要得到他。这个小男孩儿名字叫阿隆佐·莫宁。
I need you to ride up to Princeton, New Jersey, to the Nike Camp and coming to meet him.
我需要你赶到新泽西的普林斯顿来,来这里的耐克训练营见见他。
He looks up to you. I want you to come."
他很崇拜你。我希望你能过来。”
So I packed myself, my wife at the time, my kids, my nephews.
于是我就收拾了一下,当时我的妻子、孩子、侄子都在。
We all rode up to Princeton, he showed me this young kid on the floor stretching.
我们所有人前往了普林斯顿,汤普森教练给我指了一下在场上拉伸的那个孩子。
Like he said, I went down. I wasn't able to say too much to him,
按照汤普森教练的指示,我走了过去。我没和那个孩子说太多话,
but I made sure that he know that I was there when I shook his hands.
但是我确定我和他握手的时候,他知道我在场。
He came to Georgetown, and look at the fine man, that he's turned out to be.
之后他去了乔治城大学,看看这个家伙现在的成就吧。
I'd also like to thank the New York Knicks organization, the owners, the general managers, the coaches, the media people,
我还要感谢纽约尼克斯,球队的老板、总经理、各位教练、媒体人,
every one of you for helping me to become Patrick Ewing.
是你们每一个人,帮我成为了帕特里克·尤因。

帕特里克·尤因的篮球名人堂演讲

I had a great relationship with the people in New York, the coaching staff.

我和纽约的每个人、教练组成员的关系都很融洽。
We had a great run in New York.
我们在纽约有一段很棒的旅程。
You know, started out with Dave DeBusschere drafted me, you saw the footage, one of the best days in my life.
一切从戴夫·德比谢尔选中了我开始,你们刚看了录像,那是我生命中最美好的日子。
Ernie Grunfeld, Dave Checketts, they brought in this guy from LA.
厄尼·格伦菲尔德、戴夫·查柯特,是他们把一个家伙从洛杉矶带了过来。
There's a winner, that was the big title, named Pat Riley.
这个家伙是个赢家,有冠军头衔,他的名字叫帕特·莱利。
But I would, I really want to thank all the coaches that I've played for throughout my 15 years in New York.
我真的很感谢我在纽约效力15年间的所有教练。
Started with Hubie Brown, Bob Hill, Rick Pitino, Stu Jackson, John MacLeod, you know, Pat Riley I spoke on.
一开始是胡比·布朗,然后是鲍勃·希尔、里克·皮蒂诺、斯图·杰克逊、约翰·马克雷奥德,还有我刚才提到的帕特·莱利。
Jeff Van Gundy, I see you at there. I'm glad you don't have the bags on the eyes today.
还有杰夫·范甘迪,我看到你了。我很高兴你今天没有大眼袋。
All the players that played with me, I see Herb, John Starks.
还有所有和我一起打过球的球员,我看到了赫伯、约翰·斯塔克斯。
Mark Jackson, I can't forget you, I love those highlight passes you throw me.
马克杰克逊,我不会忘记你的,我爱死你给我的那些妙传了。
There's been many more I'm not sure who else is here in the audience. If I missed you, I'm sorry.
还有很多很多人,我不知道谁在座。如果我没有提到你,真的很抱歉。
But without you guys, there is no New York Knicks, there's no Patrick Ewing.
没有你们,就不会有那时的纽约尼克斯,也就不会有帕特里克·尤因了。
Thank you very much for you're not only my teammates, but you're also my friends.
我对你们深表感激,你们不仅仅是我的队友,也是我的朋友。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
highlight ['hailait]

想一想再看

n. 加亮区,精彩部分,最重要的细节或事件,闪光点

 
spoke [spəuk]

想一想再看

v. 说,说话,演说

 
understand [.ʌndə'stænd]

想一想再看

vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为<

 
coach [kəutʃ]

想一想再看

n. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。