手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 大脑洞开的生命奇想 > 正文

非常有必要系的安全带

来源:可可英语 编辑:hoy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey there! Welcome to Life Noggin.

欢迎来到大脑洞开的生命奇想。
Blocko: I could’ve sworn he’d be here by now! James: AHHHHHHH!
我发誓,他现在应该到了!啊啊啊
Blocko: Yay! He’s here! Everyone’s second favorite simplified shape character!
耶!他来了!大家第二喜欢的形状简化人物!
James: Why can’t you just text me, you walking whiteboard! Blocko: The portal is fun, dude.
你为什么不给我发消息呢,你这个行走的白板!伙计,传送门很有意思,伙计。
People like the portal. James: Ugh, Yeah. Whatever.
人们喜欢传送门。是啊。随便了。
what are we talking about today! Blocko: It’s something I think you’ll really like!
我们今天在谈什么呢?我想你一定会喜欢的!
James: Is it an episode on Magic The Gathe- Blocko: That’s right, Seatbelts!
是谈论万智牌的一集吗...对了,安全带!
Seat belts save lives! James: I feel like i’m getting kidnapped.
安全带可以拯救生命!我感觉我被绑架了。
But don’t just take my word for it.
不要只相信我的话。
I bet there’s some of you watching this video right now that have had their lives saved by a seat belt.
我知道现在看视频的人当中,有些人靠安全带救过命。
It’s one of the safest choices you can make in a car!
这是你在汽车里可以做的最安全的选择之一!
Back in 2017, it was estimated that wearing a seat belt saved nearly 15,000 lives.
在2017年,据估计,安全带拯救了近15000条生命。
James, you wanna chime in here on wearing your seatbelt.
詹姆斯,你想跟我说一下系好安全带吗。
James: Fine, but only because this IS my tagline! Thankfully, seat belts are widely used by most people.
可以,但是这只是因为它是我的口号!万幸地是,现在大多数人都使用安全带。
In 2019, the national use rate in the US for these little life-saving devices was over 90 percent.
2019年,在美国,这些小型救生设备的全国使用率超过了90%。
Not wearing a seat belt is also taken pretty seriously,
不系安全带也被严肃对待,
with most states in the US treating it as a primary enforcement,
美国大多数州将其作为主要强制执行法规,
which means you can be pulled over just for not wearing a seatbelt.
这意味着你可能会因为不系安全带而被停在路边。
Having strong seat belt laws is good, especially considering that
制定严格的安全带法规是有好处的,尤其是考虑到
car accidents can be way more dangerous than many people think.
车祸比许多人想象的要危险得多。
In fact, according to the CDC, motor vehicle crashes are the top cause of death for younger people in the US.
事实上,根据疾病控制和预防中心的数据,车祸是美国年轻人死亡的首要原因。
In 2016, a total of nearly 24,000 people died in passenger vehicle crashes.
2016年,共有近2.4万人死于乘用车事故。
Of those deaths, over 50 percent of the people weren’t wearing their seat belt.
在这些死亡事件中,超过50%的人没有系安全带。
Considering that most people are supposedly wearing them, that percentage is pretty telling of how important seat belts are.
考虑到大多数人都应该系安全带,这个比例很好地说明了安全带的重要性。
Blocko: Apart from death, not wearing your seat belt makes you more prone to neck and spine injuries,
除了死亡,不系安全带会让你更容易出现脖子和脊椎受伤,
internal bleeding, fractures and broken ribs, collapsed lungs, and a bunch of other things in the event of a crash.
内出血,骨折,肋骨断裂,肺萎陷,还有其他一些损伤。
Oddly enough, even with quarantines going on and a bunch of people working from home,
奇怪的是,即使有隔离措施,而且有一群人在家工作,
roads became even more dangerous in the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.
在新冠肺炎大流行开始时,道路变得更加危险。
Even though roads were less crowded, motor vehicle fatality rates spiked by around 14% in March and then by about 36% in April.
尽管道路没有那么拥挤,但机动车死亡率在3月份上升了约14%,4月份又上升了约36%。
So, for any seat belt haters out there, you REALLY should be wearing them.
对那些讨厌安全带的人来说,你们真的应该系上安全带。
There’s really no reason not to unless you have a specific medical condition that would prevent it.
真的没有不系安全带的理由,除非你的身体状况不允许。
I definitely don’t want to hear from any of you that you’re too lazy or just don’t care.
我绝对不想听到你们说,你们太懒或者根本不在乎。

非常有必要系的安全带.png

However, I have heard a few things that are based in some logic that may make it seem like a bad idea to wear a seat belt.

然而,我听过一些基于某些逻辑的事情,它们可能会让系安全带看起来不是个好主意。
Let’s go through those, and why they’re not good reasons to avoid wearing one.
让我们来看看这些,以及为什么它们不是避免系安全带的好理由。
JAMES: (Mockingly) “Ah well seatbelts can trap you in your car after a crash.”
“车祸后安全带会把你困在车里。”
Well, while that technically can happen, it’s very uncommon.
这严格来说可能会发生,但是这非常不常见。
Not only that, but being trapped in the car would pretty much only matter in a fire- or water-related accident,
不仅如此,被困在车里也只有在发生与水或火有关的事故时才要紧,
which only accounts for less than one-half of one percent of all crashes.
而这只占所有事故的0.5%。
I get the fear, but it’s no reason not to buckle up.
我理解这种恐惧,但是没有理由不系安全带。
Not to mention that seat belts can help prevent you from getting knocked unconscious during a crash,
更不用提,安全带可以帮助你在车祸中避免陷入昏迷,
which is imperative if a tricky post-accident situation does arise. Blocko: “My car’s airbags are enough.
如果事故后确实出现了棘手的情况,那这是很必要的。我汽车的安全气囊已经足够了。
I don’t need to wear a seat belt.” While airbags are also great pieces of safety technology, they’re not enough.
我不需要系安全带。尽管安全气囊也是一项重大的安全技术,但是它们是不够的。
They were made to help save a buckled passenger, not someone who wasn’t wearing a seat belt.
它们是为了帮助那些系好安全带的乘客,而不是那些不系安全带的人。
That’s because seat belts force you into the right position for the airbag to be effective.
这是因为安全带迫使你处于正确的位置,这样安全气囊才能发挥作用。
Don’t wear a seatbelt and you could slide underneath the airbag,
不系安全带的话,你可能会滑到安全气囊后面,
get ejected from the front seat when the airbag deploys,
安全气囊展开时从前座弹出,
or even collide — likely head-first — into the dashboard or windshield.
甚至头朝前撞到仪表盘或挡风玻璃上。
So please don’t go around thinking that airbags are enough by themselves. We both want you to be safe.
所以请不要认为只有安全气囊就足够了。我们都希望你安全。
That’s why I tell you to keep on thinking and James says “wear your seatbelt.
这就是为什么我告诉你们要保持思考,詹姆斯说系上安全带。
James: Okay, I gotta go back to my world now! I was hard at work making another video before i was rudely sent through a portal.
好了,现在我要回到我的世界了!在我被无礼地通过传送门发送到这里之前,我在辛苦地制作另外一个视频。
Blocko: Okay, there you go. Have fun playing minecraft and avoiding responsibilities!
好吧,去吧。祝你玩我的世界玩地开心,避免责任!
James: uGH AHPPshh No! Blocko: So what should we talk about next!?
不!我们接下来要谈论什么!?
Leave your questions right now in the comment section below!
在评论区留下你的问题吧!
Go check out James’ channel if you haven’t already and i’ll see ya next monday with a brand new video!
如果你还没有看詹姆斯的频道的话,那就去看看吧。下周一我带着新视频和大家见面!
As always, my name is Blocko, this has been Life Noggin, not Life Nugget,
我是宝高,这里是脑洞大开的生命奇想,不是生命肉块,
don’t forget to keep on thinking. James: AND WEAR YOUR SEATBEEELLLTTTT!!!!
别忘了保持思考。系上安全带!!!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
effective [i'fektiv]

想一想再看

adj. 有效的,有影响的

联想记忆
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
slide [slaid]

想一想再看

vi. 滑,滑动,滑入,悄悄地溜走
vt. 使

 
unconscious [ʌn'kɔnʃəs]

想一想再看

adj. 失去知觉的

联想记忆
prone [prəun]

想一想再看

adj. 俯卧的,易于 ... 的,有 ... 倾向的

联想记忆
logic ['lɔdʒik]

想一想再看

n. 逻辑,逻辑学,条理性,推理

联想记忆
collide [kə'laid]

想一想再看

vi. 碰撞,互撞,砥触

联想记忆
uncommon [ʌn'kɔmən]

想一想再看

adj. 不寻常的,不凡的,罕有的

联想记忆
avoid [ə'vɔid]

想一想再看

vt. 避免,逃避

联想记忆
specific [spi'sifik]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,明确的,具有特效的
n. 特

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。