手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 沃克斯独立观点 > 正文

《粉熊救兵》执行副总带你揭秘真人秀选角流程(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

"The perfect hero is someone who genuinely like doesn't really see it coming.

“完美的主角应该是那些真的,根本就没预料到接下来节目内容走向的那种。

You want somebody who is open to change.

(所以)你肯定要找那种乐于改变的人。

Maybe a little uncomfortable with it.

(即便他们面临改变)可能也还是会有点不舒服。

That is a key is finding someone who is at that point in their life where they're ready."

关键是找刚好正处于人生的那个时刻,已经做好了准备的人来演。”

You're kind of like The Wizard of Oz behind the curtains, like you're making everything happen.

你就像是幕后的魔法师奥兹,感觉是你成就了一切。

"My name is Danielle Gervais and I'm the EVP of casting and talent at ITV America.

“我叫Danielle Gervais,我是ITV America负责选角和才艺的执行副总。

I've come up in unscripted television and moved over into, um, into casting,

我一开始是做无脚本节目出身的,

through a series on ABC called Wife Swap."

后来通过ABC的真人秀《换妻》转做选角方面的工作了。”

“Real wives, real drama”

“真妻,真剧情”

“On this season of Fix My Family.”

“本季《修复我的家庭》”

“An all new Forged in Fire.”

“《浴火重生》全新登场。”

"Was Pawn Stars one? I saw that on your IMDB."

“《典当之星》也是吗?我看你的IMDB主页上有。”

"We're casting the items.

“那档节目拍卖品就是我们的卡司。

And then certainly doubling back and make sure we've got good sellers."

然后肯定还是要回归到人身上,确保给它们找到好的买家的嘛。”

"Good luck too with the Emmy's coming up as well."

“艾美奖又快到了,祝你好运。”

"How does it start from the second that you find out that there's going to be a new season?

“从你知道要拍新一季内容的那一刻开始,你的工作都是怎么启动的呢?

What is the first step that happens?"

第一步要干嘛呢?”

"The first thing we need to do is determine, you know, where are we going?

“我们要做的第一件事就是决定,嗯,去哪里拍这个问题。

Once we identify the city, we have, obviously, this is a team of people.

一旦确定了城市,我们就,很明显,我们肯定是有一个团队嘛。

So we'll sit down.

我们就坐下来。

It's the initial war room and we'll say, 'what stories have we already told on the show?

第一轮战情室讨论就开始了,我们会回顾说,‘前面几季已经讲了什么故事?

What stories do we want to tell on this show?'

我们还想通过这个节目讲什么样的故事?

We were trying to tell that story of Reverend Noah, two seasons prior,

我们本来想讲讲诺亚牧师的故事,两季前就有这个想法了,

we just never found the Reverend Noah.

但就是一直找不到这样一个人。

We never found it.

就一直没找到。

So that just happened."

真的就是这样。”

“Our mission this week is to help Noah take the past out of pastor and find faith in himself!”

“本周,我们的任务是帮助诺亚摆脱牧师的过去,找回自信!”

"Are we looking at like a day where you're like having lunch brought in and you're just hashing out,

“那你的工作日常是那种带好午饭,然后就一直讨论,

literally every emotion and story that you could access?"

剧中涉及的所有情感和故事都要讨论到那种吗?”

"I don't know if we brought lunch in, but we had candy and snacks.

“我忘了我们有没有带午饭了,但我们肯定是吃糖和零食了。

I know, I remember that.

这点我是记得的。

Um, there's always snacks."

嗯,零食是没断的。”

"We will also in that initial meeting pull in our partners at Scout

“第一轮战情讨论会我们也会拉我们在Scout那边的合作伙伴进来,

who are the creators of the show and that's where we really hash it out.

他们也是这档节目的制作团队之一,节目的主要内容都是在这个环节中讨论出来的。

And we talk about like, things like how political do we want to get,

比如,我们会讨论,这档节目的政治尺度什么的,

because you also don't want to hammer people.

毕竟,你肯定也不想对大家太过苛责对吧。

2

We never want to forget what was special about that initial iteration,

我们从未想过忘记我们第一季的初衷,

like, a slob who's ready for a make better, right?"

说得不好听点就是,化腐朽为神奇,对吧。”

"So you've had your big war room meeting, um,

“那你们唇枪舌战完了,嗯,

you've decided on your location and some of the key themes that you're going to be exploring in that season,

做节目的地点也定了,新一季节目要探索的一些核心主题也定了,

what happens next?"

接下来要干嘛呢?”

"The next thing is I have to figure out, you know, who's going to go to the city.

“接下来就是决定让谁去那个城市。

What are we going to do when we get there?

到了那边之后要干什么。

Because we're not out there for very long, we have budgets."

因为我们在那边待的时间肯定不会很长对吧,预算摆在那儿呢。”

"We will, you know, immediately contact, um, the, the film commission in that city.

“我们就会,嗯,马上联系那个城市的,嗯,影视拍摄委员会。

They'll help us sort of steer to some degree,

他们会帮我们把握大致的方向,

You'll have two people hit the ground in the city with a plan of attack.

那你要派两个人带着计划去那边实地考察。

And you'll have usually a two people team back in the office with me

一般还要派一个两人小团队跟我在办公室

doing the, um, doing all of the outreach, you know, remotely, which is also huge.

远程指导,这项任务的工作量也是非常大的。

So they'll meet people, love them and go, you got to interview this guy.

(实地考察)的两个人就负责联络啊,去找那种他们看对眼儿,觉得,‘嗯,一定要面试面试他’这样的人选。

So then the team back in the office will typically take that interview on

之后,办公室的团队通常就负责面试,

so that the team on the ground can continue with their work."

实地考察团队好决定要不要继续考察。”

"We make little, you know, cute flyers and we walk around,

“我们会印一些好看的小传单,发发小传单啊,

you gotta be pretty friendly to be in casting.

选角的时候要表现得很友善。

You really are going to be able to talk to anybody.

要跟各种人都能聊得来。

Um, and certainly there's people that are completely weirded out by it.

嗯,肯定会有一些人完全被我们搞蒙了。

We'll see businesses that we want to hit, a dog groomer.

我们也会见一些我们想要拉动的企业,比如狗狗美容师什么的。

And lo and behold, Rahana comes out and she's six foot three with this incredible story.

嗒哒,我们就联系上了Rahana,她身高6英尺3英寸(1.9m),她的故事可太棒了。

I was asking one of my producers, what’s your favorite story of finding someone?

我问过我的一位制片,你最喜欢的选角故事是什么?

We had a gentleman Marcos, um, owned a fish shop.

我们有一位叫马科斯的嘉宾,嗯,他开了一家鱼店。

They went to that fish market every single day.

他们就每天都会去那个鱼鲜市场,

They just felt like there was such a, such a vibrant, like life to that place that it just was prime.

因为他们就是觉得那个地方很有活力,很有生命力,这就非常给力了。

So they went every single day for two weeks

他们一连去了两周,

and suddenly they peeked back at behind like a stand and they saw this fedora.

然后他们回头突然看到了一个摊位后面有一顶软呢帽。

“What’s the obsession with hats?

“你为啥这么喜欢帽子呢?”

Where did it come from Marcos?”

这帽子哪儿买的呀,马科斯?”

“In Mexico, all the time it’s ‘hey, compadre.”

“在墨西哥,我们经常会说,‘嘿,朋友!’”

“Aw that’s cute, it’s your thing.”

“啊,好可爱啊,跟你很搭呢。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
hammer ['hæmə]

想一想再看

n. 锤,榔头
vi. 锤击,反复敲打

 
uncomfortable [ʌn'kʌmftəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 不舒服的,不自在的

 
interview ['intəvju:]

想一想再看

n. 接见,会见,面试,面谈
vt. 接见,采

 
prior ['praiə]

想一想再看

adj. 优先的,更重要的,在前的
adv.

 
determine [di'tə:min]

想一想再看

v. 决定,决心,确定,测定

联想记忆
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型
v

联想记忆
obsession [əb'seʃən]

想一想再看

n. 困扰,沉迷,着魔,妄想

联想记忆
prime [praim]

想一想再看

adj. 最初的,首要的,最好的,典型的
n.

联想记忆
candy ['kændi]

想一想再看

n. 糖果
vt. 用糖煮,使结晶为砂糖

 
identify [ai'dentifai]

想一想再看

vt. 识别,认明,鉴定
vi. 认同,感同身

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。