手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 大脑洞开的生命奇想 > 正文

如果从不出汗怎么办?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hoy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hey there! Welcome to Life Noggin! Sweat gets a bad rap.

大家好!欢迎来到脑洞大开的生命奇想!流汗的名声不好。
It smells. It’s sticky. Some people think it’s just generally disgusting.
它的气味不好。它又是粘的。有些人认为汗水很恶心。
But you humans are programmed to sweat. It’s an important bodily function that keeps you alive and healthy.
但你们人类天生就会流汗。这是一种重要的身体机能,能让你保持活力和健康。
But what would happen in you never sweat? The main purpose of sweating is to cool down the body when it starts to heat up.
但是如果你从不流汗的话会发生什么呢?出汗的主要目的是在身体开始变热时给身体降温。
The millions of sweat glands in your body produce as much as 14 liters of liquid a day.
你体内数以百万计的汗腺每天能分泌多达14升的液体。
When this sweat is secreted through your pores and evaporated into the air,
当汗水通过毛孔分泌,蒸发到空气中,
your body begins to cool down and your overall body temperature returns to normal.
你的身体就开始降温,整体体温恢复正常。
So, if you didn’t have the ability to sweat, you’d have a really difficult time cooling yourself.
所以,如果你没有出汗的能力,你将很难冷却自己。
You’d be hot and flushed a lot of the time and ice baths would probably become your best friend
你的皮肤会很热很潮红,冰浴可能会成为你最好的选择,
Which sounds like a horrible best friend! Typically, when someone gets too hot,
听起来是个可怕的好选择!通常,当有人太热了,
their hypothalamus sends a message to their sweat glands to begin the cooling process.
他们的下丘脑向他们的汗腺发送信息,开始冷却过程。
But some people literally cannot sweat, and therefore, can’t regulate their body temperature properly.
但是有些人确实不能出汗,因此,他们不能正确地调节体温。
This condition is called anhidrosis and causes muscle cramps, physical weakness,
这种情况被称为无汗症,会导致肌肉痉挛、身体无力、
dizziness and more serious problems like heat exhaustion and heat strokes.
头晕和更严重的问题,如中暑和中暑。
For people with this disorder, even being outside when it’s 27 degrees celsius can be deadly!
对于患有这种疾病的人来说,即使在27摄氏度的室外也会致命!
If you never sweat, you’d need to be super careful in warm climates, when exercising,
如果你从不流汗,在温暖的气候下你需要非常小心,比如在运动时,
at the beach, even just in your day to day life to make sure you don’t overheat.
在海滩上时,即使只是在你的日常生活中,确保你不会过热。
You’d also need to be super conscious of your overall health if you didn’t sweat.
如果你不流汗的话,你还需要高度注意你的整体健康状况。
If you got sick and had a fever, you wouldn’t be able to just sweat it out to bring your body temperature back to normal.
如果你生病了,发烧了,你不能通过流汗把体温恢复到正常水平。
But on the plus side, if you didn’t sweat, you’d probably smell nice...?
但从好的方面来说,如果你不出汗,你可能闻起来很香...?
Which I guess is good...? What do I smell like? oh, I don't have a nose!
我觉得这样很好?我闻起来像什么?哦,我没有鼻子!
Sweat is made of water, sodium, urea, ammonia and a few other things, but sweat itself doesn’t actually smell.
汗水是由水、钠、尿素、氨和一些其他物质组成的,但是汗水本身并没有味道。
There are two types of sweat glands - apocrine and eccrine.
汗腺有两种类型:大汗腺和小汗腺。
When sweat from the apocrine glands is mixed with bacteria that lives in your armpits and groin, that’s when the smell begins.
当大汗腺的汗液与生活在腋窝和腹股沟的细菌混合时,气味就出现了。
Sweat from the eccrine glands doesn’t interact with bacteria, so it doesn’t smell.
小汗腺的汗液不会与细菌相互作用,所以没有味道。
No interaction of sweat and bacteria means no BO.
没有汗液和细菌的相互作用意味着没有狐臭。

如果从不出汗怎么办?.png

This inability to sweat can be caused by a number of things like skin conditions,

无法出汗是由很多原因造成的,比如皮肤状况,
certain diseases like Parkinson’s or alcoholism, genetics, and medications.
某些疾病,如帕金森氏症、酗酒、遗传,还有药物。
To determine whether you have this condition, doctors may perform a pretty weird test called a thermoregulatory sweat test.
为了确定你是否有这种情况,医生可能会进行一项非常奇怪的测试,叫做体温调节汗液测试。
They cover you in a special powder that changes colors in places you sweat
他们会在你身上覆盖一种特殊的粉末,在你出汗的地方会改变颜色
and then put you in a chamber to increase your body temperature and analyze how your body perspires.
然后把你放在一个房间里,提高你的体温并分析你的身体如何出汗。
Sounds like something out of a sci-fi movie if you ask me!
如果你问我,这听起来像科幻电影里的情节!
Treatment varies depending on the severity and any underlying factors
治疗方法因严重程度和任意潜在因素而有所不同,
but it typically involves cooling the body through liquid intake, loose clothing, and air conditioning.
但它通常包括通过摄入液体、穿宽松的衣服和使用空调来冷却身体。
But in extreme cases like severe heat exhaustion or heat stroke, immediate medical attention is crucial.
但在严重中暑或中暑等极端情况下,立即就医至关重要。
So what other bodily functions are you curious about?
那么你还对哪些身体功能感兴趣呢?
Let us know down in the comment section below, or tell us, what should we talk about next?
请在下面的评论区告诉我们,或者告诉我们,接下来我们应该讨论什么?
Water is essential to the production of sweat. But what happens if we run out of it? Water that is.
水对出汗是必不可少的。但是如果用光了会发生什么呢?这就是水。
Our very good friends at Above The Noise tackle this in one of their latest videos.
我们的好朋友在他们最新的《出离噪音》视频中解决了这个问题。
Check it out, subscribe, and let them know Blocko sent you! You might even see a special cameo from someone extremely handsome.
去看看吧,订阅频道,让他们知道是宝高派你来的!你甚至可能会看到某个特别的客串帅哥。
It’s me. I’m in the video. As always, my name is Blocko.
是我。我在那个视频里。我是宝高。
This has been Life Noggin. Don't forget to Keep on Thinking!
这里是脑洞大开的生命奇想。不要忘记继续思考!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
powder ['paudə]

想一想再看

n. 粉,粉末,细雪,火药
vt. 洒粉于,使

 
fever ['fi:və]

想一想再看

n. 发烧,发热,狂热
v. (使)发烧,(使

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
liquid ['likwid]

想一想再看

adj. 液体的,液态的
n. 液体

 
essential [i'senʃəl]

想一想再看

n. 要素,要点
adj. 必要的,重要的,本

联想记忆
stroke [strəuk]

想一想再看

n. 笔画,击打,一笔(画)连续的动作,中风,

联想记忆
tackle ['tækl]

想一想再看

v. 处理,对付,阻截
n. 用具,滑车,对付

联想记忆
underlying [.ʌndə'laiiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 在下面的,基本的,隐含的

联想记忆
temperature ['tempritʃə(r)]

想一想再看

n. 温度,气温,体温,发烧

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。