手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 沃克斯独立观点 > 正文

《粉熊救兵》执行副总带你揭秘真人秀选角流程(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hepburn   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

"We're a little stalker-ish at some times, I'm not gonna lie."

“有时候我们会有点像个跟踪狂,有一说一啊。”

"I'd be remiss if I didn't ask if you were like

“我觉得我还是有必要问你一下,你们有没有

secretly looking for people who clearly have incredible hidden bone structure."

暗暗地留意那些明显长得有些异于常人的人啊。”

"It is always fun to see, like,

“这种情况通常都很有意思,就比如,

especially if you've got like this big bearded guy who hasn’t cut his hair

尤其是当你找了一个不修边幅的哥们儿的时候,

and it's like, what will he look like at the end of all of this?"

你就会好奇,改造完他会是个什么样?”

"From what you're saying,

“照你这么说,

it sounds like the casting will really flow from the story themes you want to emphasize,

选角似乎更多的是从你们想着重讲述的故事出发,

rather than you find some person who just pops for some reason."

而不是找那些因为某种原因出现在了你们面前的人是嘛。”

"It is absolutely both.

“两种情况肯定是都有的。

It's rare that you're like, here's the exact story want to tell,

鲜有那种说这是我们想讲的故事,

and oh my God, and this person is perfect and it like comes together.

然后,天呐,让这个人来演简直再合适不过了,然后两者就完美地融合到一起了。

Kenny who is in Kansas City, you know, one of my favorite,

就比如堪萨斯城的Kenny,他也是我最喜欢的嘉宾之一,

I love all of the episodes of course,

当然了,每一集我都喜欢的,

but he's one of my favorite heroes and a producer was in a bar watching a Croatian soccer game and there he was.

但他算是我最喜欢的男主之一,当时是我们的一个制片在酒吧看克罗地亚的足球赛,他当时也在。

His dog had passed away and he was a, you know, an older gentleman living alone.

他的狗狗去世了,他,嗯,也是个独居的老头儿。

On paper. Meh? You know...there.

名义上嘛,yue,你懂的……就那样。

And then once it came to life, he himself was such a lovable, um, rootable hero.

但其实,他是一个非常可爱,嗯,看一眼让人就想把他给睡了的那种男主。

He’s, you know, he's one of my favorites."

反正他,是我最喜欢的嘉宾之一”

"You've developed this list of good candidates

“也就是说你要制定一份优质候选人的名单,

with a combination of remote interviews and on the ground —

通过远程面试结合实地考察这种方式——

reporting is really what you have to call it.

这个过程真的可以称之为‘汇报’了。

What happens next in the process?"

那再接下来是什么环节呢?”

"We pitch quite a few to Netflix.

“很多作品我们都推荐给网飞了。

They have such vision and they support us.

他们非常有远见,也很支持我们。

And, you know, these interviews aren't always pretty. Right?

而且,你也知道,这些谈话并不总是那么体面的。对吧?

We're doing them via Skype.

我们还是视频聊的。

These aren't professional people in terms of being interviewed and they're nervous and so...

接视频跟我们谈的还都不是专业人士,他们也会很紧张,所以……

Netflix is able to see through a lot, um, in that regard.

但就这个问题而言,网飞的眼光还是很毒的。

2

To land on, let's say eight heroes,

就落地而言,假如我们需要八位嘉宾,

we'll probably pitch,

那我们可能会推

I mean, internally we will look at it, frankly like hundreds.

我的意思是,内部讨论的时候,我们要筛选上百个候选人。

But in terms of the network, you know,

但网飞这边的话,嗯,

we'll usually triple that number to show to Netflix.

我们通常都会准备三倍于这一人数的候选人给他们。

There are some where it's just like, we all just go, 'Oh my God. Yes.'

有时候,我们会一致觉得说,“天呐,就是他了!”

And then there are others where we can be split because it's all very subjective, right?"

但有时候我们也是会有分歧的,毕竟我们的看法都是非常主观的,对吧?”

"What sort of diligence do you have to do when you're casting these people

“那你们在选这些角色的时候,都要注意哪些问题,

to make sure that they don't blow up in your face in a few months

才能确保说选出来的这些人不会在几个会之后,

when the show comes out and somebody killed somebody or has done something terrible?"

就是节目播出之后打你们的脸,杀人啊或做出一些可怕的行为呢?”

"We won't even pitch anyone to Netflix

“我们根本就不会给网飞推任何人,

until we at least have done as much preliminary diligence as possible.

在我们尽最大的努力做了尽可能多的初步调查调查之前。

So we'll search Lexis Nexis and those types of things.

我们会上Lexis Nexis之类的数据库调查他们的背景。

We'll do a pretty deep sweep on social media,

还会在社交媒体上做相当深入的调查,

back about 10 years with some people.

差不多回溯10年吧。

You know, that can be a deal breaker."

就看他们过不过得了这一关了。”

"They are the secret sauce, they are incredible.

“他们就是节目成功的秘诀,他们的作用是极其重要的。

And they, you know, I can't say enough about how special bringing the five of them together has been,

他们,嗯,把他们五个人凑到一起真的太独特了,独特到我根本没办法用语言形容,

it's been incredible,

就特别惊艳,

but the heroes...each one of those heroes serves as the foil to that episode. Right?

而那些嘉宾主角……每一位嘉宾主角都相当于是那一集的陪衬,对吧?

So they help Antoni shine.

他们衬托了Antoni的光芒。

They help Karamo shine.

他们衬托了Karamo的光芒。

Like we have, we sort of have a list where we, when we look at somebody as a potential hero,

意思就是我们会有一个清单,在我们考察某位潜在主角的时候,

we always want to keep those guys in mind, you know,

我们始终都会想到他们(五个人),嗯,

what will they help bring out in our fab five and vice versa?"

他们能激发出我们“密歇根五虎”身上的哪些亮点?反之亦然。”

"And so it sounds like when you're casting for this show in particular,

“所以,这么说的话,你们在给一档节目,尤其是给这档节目选角的时候,

it's really about how well that these people

你们更看重的其实是角色

will amplify the story themes that you're looking to drive home

能够多大程度上充实你们想要表达的故事主题,

rather than: are they good at sound bites?"

而不是选的角色是否能抓眼球对吗?”

"My team is incredible,

“我的团队实在是太棒了,

they have a gift for really identifying like who,

他们在鉴别人这方面真的很有一套,谁,

who's going to take the journey in a really authentic way.

谁能够带节目往原汁原味的方向走。

And who's in it for the free couch, right?

谁又只是想蹭个沙发,对吧?

Because that’s a thing."

因为这点也是很重要的。”

"Are they authentic?

“节目内容是原汁原味的吗?

I mean, at the end of the day,

我的意思是,不管怎么说,

we can teach people how to put the question back into the answer

我们能教大家怎么把问题跟答案重新对应起来,

but you can't fake emotion and you can't fake somebody's journey."

但情绪这个东西你是做了不假的,一个人的心路经历你也是做不了假的。”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
amplify ['æmplifai]

想一想再看

v. 扩大,详述,使 ... 增幅

联想记忆
particular [pə'tikjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的
n.

联想记忆
combination [.kɔmbi'neiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 结合,联合,联合体

联想记忆
subjective [səb'dʒektiv]

想一想再看

adj. 主观的
n. 主格,主观事物

 
rare [rɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 稀罕的,稀薄的,罕见的,珍贵的
ad

 
foil [fɔil]

想一想再看

n. 箔,箔纸,陪衬物,(击剑运动用的)花剑, 钝头剑<

联想记忆
pitch [pitʃ]

想一想再看

n. 沥青,树脂,松脂
n. 程度,投掷,球场

联想记忆
remote [ri'məut]

想一想再看

adj. 偏僻的,遥远的,远程的,(感情等)距离很大

联想记忆
split [split]

想一想再看

n. 劈开,裂片,裂口
adj. 分散的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。