手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 美国名师商务英语视频课程 > 正文

商务英语 股市有关表达的学习(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hoy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hi again. I'm Adam. Welcome back to www.engvid.com.

大家好。我是亚当。欢迎来到英格威英语学习网。
Today we're going to look at some business English, with an introduction to investing.
今天我们来学习一些商务英语,并介绍一下投资。
Now, what is investing? Investing is putting your money someplace with the hope that more money will come back to you later.
那么,什么是投资呢?投资是把你的钱投到某个地方,希望以后这笔钱会变多。
Okay? So it's making money over time.
好吧?所以随着时间的推移,它在赚钱。
Many ways to do it, but today we're going to look more specifically at the stock market.
投资有很多方式,但今天我们要更具体地看一下股票市场。
Now, before we begin to look at the stock market,
现在,在我们开始研究股票市场之前,
we need to know all the different words that you will find in the stock market discussion.
我们需要知道所有在股票市场讨论中出现的词。
Of course, we have to look at "stocks". So: "stocks" and "shares".
当然,我们还要看“股票”。所以是“stocks”和“shares”。
Now, many people get confused: what is a stock? What is a share?
现在,很多人会感到困惑:什么是股票?什么是股份?
Realistically, these are basically the same thing, but subtle differences between the two.
实际上,它们基本上是一样的东西,但两者之间有细微的区别。
So, when a company decides that it wants to make money, so it can expand its business, it wants to raise capital.
因此,当一家公司决定要赚钱,以便扩大业务时,它想要筹集资金。
"Capital", it's a big word, there's lots of meanings to it. We're going to look at that a different time.
“Capital”是一个很大的词,它有很多意思。我们也将在其他时间讲到它。
But for our case, "capital" means money.
但是在这里,它的意思就是钱。
They want to make money, they want to raise capital so they can grow their business.
他们想要赚钱,他们想要筹集资金来发展他们的业务。
So what they do is they sell stock. Stock is a partial ownership of the company.
他们所做的就是出售股票。股票是对公司的部分所有权。
So when you buy stock, you get a piece of paper, you get a certificate that says that you own part of this company.
当你买股票的时候,你会得到一张纸,一张证明,上面写着你拥有这家公司的一部分。
And because you own part of the company, you have certain rights. You can make...
因为你拥有公司的一部分,所以你有一定的权利。你可以做...
You can vote for changes, you can vote for things that the company should do.
你可以投票支持变革,你可以投票支持公司应该做的事情。
Now, what is a share? A share is an equal piece of the stock.
那么,一股是什么呢?一股就是同等份额的股票。
So, for example, a company sells $100 worth of stock.
例如,一家公司出售价值100美元的股票。
That's the full amount of the ownership that the company makes available to the public.
这是公司向公众提供的全部所有权。
Now, this stock, this total amount, they divide into 100 shares.
现在,这支股票的总数,分成了100股。
Okay? So you buy as many shares as you want of this stock.
好吧?你想买多少就买多少。
So because you have 100 shares, the full stock is $100.
因为你有100股,全部股票是100美元。
Each share is, of course, $1. You buy 10 shares, that mean...
当然,每股是1美元。你买了10股,这意味着...
That means you're buying 10% of the available stock. You're buying $10 worth of shares.
这意味着你购买了现有股票的10%。你买了价值10美元的股票。
Now, you own stock, you own shares in the company. In that case, it's the same thing.
现在,你拥有公司的股票。在这种情况下,它是一样的。
Now, when you talk about stocks, you can say: "I own stocks." So let's go to this word quickly: "portfolio".
现在,当你谈论股票,你可以说:“我拥有股票。”所以让我们快速看一下这个词:“portfolio”。
Your portfolio is the collection of your investments.
你的投资组合是你投资的集合。
You may have stocks, you may have mutual funds, you may have bonds, you may have commodities, you may have real estate.
你可能有股票,可能有共同基金,可能有债券,可能有商品,也可能有房地产。
You may have all kinds of different investments.
你可能有各种不同的投资。
If part of your portfolio is stocks, you say: "I have some stocks." It means I can have five company's stocks.
如果你的投资组合中有一部分是股票,你说:“我有一些股票。”这意味着我可以有五家公司的股票。
But when you say: "I have shares", then you have shares of a company.
但是当你说:“我有股份”时,你就拥有了一家公司的股份。
Okay? I have stocks in 10 different companies. I have shares...
好吧?我有10家不同公司的股票。我有股份...
I have 10% or I have 100 shares in this company, I have 50 shares in that company, I have 2,000 shares in that company.
我在这家公司有10%或100股股份,我在那家公司有50股,我在那家公司有2000股。

股市有关表达的学习(1).png

But all together, you have stock. Okay? So it's a total amount of the companies that you own.

但总的来说,你有股份。好吧?这是你拥有的公司总数。
Now, if you want to buy stocks or trade stocks, if you want to buy and sell your shares, you can contact a "stockbroker".
现在,如果你想买股票或交易股票,如果你想买卖你的股票,你可以联系“股票经纪人”。
Okay? A broker is somebody who deals with trades; buys, sells stocks on the stock market.
好吧?经纪人是处理交易的人;在股票市场上买卖股票。
These days, you can just go online and find a "brokerage" which is a website or a company that lets you buy and sell your own stocks and shares.
现在,你可以在网上找到“经纪公司”,也就是让你买卖自己的股票的网站或公司。
Okay. Next: we have "IPO", this is "Initial Public Offering". Sorry I'm a little bit off line, here.
好吧。下一个:我们有“IPO”,这是“首次公开发行”。抱歉,这里写不下了。
When a company decides: "Okay, we need to make more money. We need to raise capital.
当一个公司决定:“好吧,我们需要赚更多的钱。我们需要筹集资金。
We need to sell some stock of our company." So the first time that they sell this stock, there's a big event,
我们需要卖掉公司的一些股票。”他们第一次出售股票时,发生了一件大事,
you know, like it's a big promotion, they have to market it, they have to tell the public: "Look, we're going to sell stock.
你知道,这是一个大促销,他们必须推广它,他们必须告诉公众:“看,我们要卖股票。
Get ready." This is the initial public offering. The first time that they sell stock.
做好准备。”这是首次公开募股。他们第一次出售股票。
We actually don't say: "Sell". They don't sell stock; they issue stock.
我们实际上不会说“Sell”。他们不卖股票;他们发行股票。
And then the stock brokerage or the stockbrokers, they buy and sell the stock.
然后是股票经纪人,他们买卖股票。
Next: "ROI". This is a very important thing to consider. "Return On Investment".
下一个:“投资回报率”。这是一件需要考虑的非常重要的事情。“投资回报率”。
Before you buy anything, before you invest your money in anything, you always have to consider your ROI.
在你买任何东西之前,在你投资任何东西之前,你总是要考虑你的投资回报率。
How much money do you hope to get back? How much money do you think you will get back? Because at the end of the day, a stock market is a gamble.
你希望拿回多少钱?你认为你能拿回多少钱?因为说到底,股市就是一场赌博。
There's high-risk and there's low-risk companies.
有高风险的公司,也有低风险的公司。
Your return on investment, obviously, you're hoping to make money. You hope to get a positive yield.
你的投资回报,很明显,你希望赚钱。你希望得到正收益。
A "yield" is basically the percentage gain that you will make on your investment.
“收益率”基本上是你在投资中所获得的百分比收益。
So, how much did you get back? What was your yield? Oh, 5%.
你拿回了多少?你的产量是多少?哦,5%。
It means if you sold... If you bought $100 worth, and then you sold it for $105, your yield was 5%.
意思是如果你卖了...如果你买进价值100美元的股票,然后以105美元的价格卖出,你的收益率是5%。
Your return on investment was $5. Okay? So that's how we talk about the money that you make from your investment.
你的投资回报率是5美元。好吧?这就是我们谈论投资收益的方式。
Now, you can also buy "bonds". Bonds are different from stocks. A bond is a debt.
现在,你还可以买“债券”。债券不同于股票。债券是一种债务。
You are buying a debt. Basically, what you are doing is you are lending money to a company or the government.
你买的是债务。基本上,你所做的就是借钱给政府或公司。
You can buy government bonds or corporate bonds.
你可以买政府债券或公司债券。
And what you're doing, you're lending them money,
而你所做的,就是借钱给他们,
and they guarantee you-the company or the government-guarantee you a certain percentage of interest and a certain amount of time.
他们为你担保,公司或政府为你担保一定百分比的利息和一定的时间。
So if you buy a five-year bond at 7%, at the end of the five years, you get your money back plus your 7% interest that you earned.
所以如果你以7%的利率购买五年期债券,五年期结束时,你收回的钱是本金加上你赚得的7%的利息。
So it's guaranteed. It's a bit safer.
这是有保证的。它更安全一点。
We're not going to talk about safe and unsafe, because there's a lot of junk bonds, there's a lot of bad bonds.
我们不会一直讨论安全问题,因为有很多垃圾债券,有很多坏债券。
But generally speaking, bonds are very safe, but they're also...
但总的来说,债券是非常安全的,而且它们...
Have a low yield. Because they are guaranteed, the return is a bit lower.
产量很低。因为他们是有保证的,所以回报会低一些。
You could make some investments with a very high yield, but very high risk.
你可以做一些收益很高但风险很高的投资。
Okay? "Risk" means the danger of losing, as opposed to gaining.
好吧?“风险”指的是失去的危险,而不是得到的危险。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
broker ['brəukə]

想一想再看

n. 经纪人
vt. 安排,协商(协议的细节,

联想记忆
yield [ji:ld]

想一想再看

n. 生产量,投资收益
v. 生产,屈服,投降

 
opposed [ə'pəuzd]

想一想再看

adj. 反对的,敌对的 v. 和 ... 起冲突,反抗

 
portfolio [pɔ:t'fəuljəu]

想一想再看

n. 文件夹,作品集,证券投资组合

联想记忆
ownership ['əunəʃip]

想一想再看

n. 所有权

 
confused [kən'fju:zd]

想一想再看

adj. 困惑的;混乱的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu

 
estate [is'teit]

想一想再看

n. 财产,房地产,状态,遗产

联想记忆
funds

想一想再看

n. 基金;资金,现金(fund的复数) v. 提供资金

 
available [ə'veiləbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的

联想记忆
guarantee [.gærən'ti:]

想一想再看

n. 保证,保证书,担保,担保人,抵押品
vt

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。