手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 大脑洞开的生命奇想 > 正文

胜利与失败对人有什么影响?

来源:可可英语 编辑:hoy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

HEY THERE! Welcome to Life Noggin! A lot of people are driven by the thrill of competition.

大家好!欢迎来到脑洞大开的生命奇想!很多人被竞争的刺激所驱使。
And there is a good reason for that: competition has driven our evolution.
这有一个很好的理由:竞争推动了我们的进化。
In fact, a 2009 study on the skulls of human ancestors found that social competition was a primary driving force for the evolution of human brains.
事实上,2009年一项对人类祖先头骨的研究发现,社会竞争是人类大脑进化的主要驱动力。
Which makes sense, since securing food sources, mates, and general survival was a competition.
这是有道理的,因为确保食物来源、配偶和一般的生存都是一种竞争。
And pretty much still is today.
时至今日,情况依然如此。
And since winning is such a big part of staying alive, it's no surprise that the brain is set up to encourage it.
既然获胜是生存的重要组成部分,那么大脑就会鼓励获胜也就不足为奇了。
Since we’re talking about evolution and competition. I’ve brought a friend who knows a bit about both.
因为我们在讨论进化和竞争。我带来了一个朋友,他对这两方面都有所了解。
Copyrighted Monster Ball franchise World Champion Wolfe Glick!
世界冠军沃尔夫·格利克!
WOLFE: Hey! It’s good to be here! Uh, how come everything looks kinda off? Blocko: Oh, we don’t wanna get sued.
沃尔夫:嘿!很高兴来到这里!为什么所有的东西看起来都不对劲?宝高:哦,我们可不想被起诉。
So, all the uh...monsters, are just different enough.
所以,所有的...怪物,只是不同而已。
WOLFE: Is that supposed to be… Blocko: No no no.
沃尔夫:那应该是...宝高:不,不,不。
You don’t have to say it! The audience knows what it is.
你不必这么说!观众知道它是什么。
Anyway, you’re very used to competition Wolfe! Why don’t you talk a little bit about what it does to the human body!
不管怎样,你已经很习惯竞争了,沃尔夫!你为什么不谈谈它对人体的影响呢!
WOLFE: Sure thing! During a competition, your brain releases testosterone, a chemical that fuels your desire to win,
沃尔夫:没问题!在比赛中,你的大脑会释放睾丸素,一种能激发你获胜欲望的化学物质,
and cortisol, a chemical related to stress that helps prepare your body for action.
还有皮质醇,一种与压力有关的化学物质,它帮助你的身体为行动做好准备。
If you win, your brain rewards you with dopamine, a chemical that makes you feel happy.
如果你赢了,你的大脑会奖励你多巴胺,一种让你感到快乐的化学物质。
On the other hand, losing feels terrible.
另一方面,失败的感觉很糟糕。
It can make you angry, sad, and could even affect your heart health.
它会让你生气、悲伤,甚至会影响你的心脏健康。
BLOCKO: While you should recover from these feelings eventually, the memory of the loss can stick with you.
宝高:虽然你最终应该从这些感觉中恢复过来,但失去的记忆会一直陪伴着你。
Going forward, you may avoid competition out of fear of losing again.
向前看,你可能会因为害怕再次失败而避免竞争。
And, while I'm sure you don't want to hear this right now, you may be justified in that fear.
而且,虽然我确定你现在不想听到这些,但你有理由害怕。
The idea that winning leads to more wins, and losing leads to more loses, isn't new.
赢了就会赢更多,输了就会输更多,这种想法并不新鲜。
I'm sure you've heard of the term "being on fire" or "in the zone."
我相信你听说过“着火了”或者“处于状态”。
While many believe that's all just superstition or an illusion, there's actually some research that backs it up.
虽然许多人认为这只是迷信或错觉,但实际上有一些研究支持这一说法。

胜利与失败对人有什么影响?.png

WOLFE: A study on equally matched tennis players found that winning a set

乌尔夫:一项针对势均力敌的网球选手的研究发现,赢得一盘比赛会让人感觉更轻松,
gave them a boost in the following set where they had a 60 percent chance of winning again.
然后在接下来的比赛中,他们有60%的机会再次获胜。
While losers lost some of their edge and had only a 39 percent chance of winning their next set.
而失败者失去了一些优势,只有39%的机会赢得下一盘。
Some attribute this to a positive feedback loop with increased testosterone levels leading to better performance and more winning,
一些人将此归因于一种积极的反馈回路,这种回路会增加睾丸素水平,从而带来更好的表现和更多的胜利,
though studies are mixed on whether or not winning actually does raise your testosterone levels.
尽管关于胜利是否真的会提高你的睾丸激素水平的研究是混杂的。
BLOCKO: Collectively, these are known as “winner effects” and “loser effects” and they are seen in competitions between animals as well.
宝高:这些效应统称为“赢家效应”和“输家效应”,在动物之间的竞争中也能看到。
To see how long these effects can last, researchers have looked at bugs like crickets and spiders.
为了了解这种影响会持续多久,研究人员对蟋蟀和蜘蛛等昆虫进行了研究。
One study on fruit flies found that these effects lasted only a couple of hours after one win or loss,
一项针对果蝇的研究发现,这种效果在输赢后只持续了几个小时,
but losing repeatedly led to a longer-term loser effect, lasting at least 24 hours.
但是反复的失败会导致一种持续至少24小时的“失败者效应”。
Whether you win or lose, there are benefits to competing.
无论你是赢是输,竞争都有好处。
For instance, having a rival has been shown to improve performance. And competition overall can boost brain function.
例如,有一个竞争对手已被证明可以提高业绩。而竞争总体上可以促进大脑功能。
This is even seen in competitive video games, despite what your parents may say.
这甚至可以在电子游戏中看到,不管你的父母怎么说。
WOLFE: So what you’re saying is Pokemon is actually really good for you! BLOCKO: Oh no.
沃尔夫:所以你的意思是,口袋妖怪真的对你有好处!宝高:哦,不。
He said it! Run! WOLFE: Ah haha I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!
他说了!快跑!乌尔夫:啊哈哈,对不起!我很抱歉!
BLOCKO: While I go settle this battle in court, please go check out Wolfey’s channel! If you’re into...uh..
宝高:在我去法庭解决这场争端时,请去看看乌尔夫的频道!如果你对...嗯...
Monsters of the Pocket, you’ll love his videos! You might even see me in the comments every once in a while.
口袋怪兽,你会喜欢他的视频!你甚至可能会偶尔在评论中看到我。
Click the first link in the description to check him out! Do you have any questions for me and my world?
点击描述中的第一个链接去看他的频道!你对我和我的世界有什么问题吗?
Let me know in the comment section below, and use the hashtag #DearBlocko so i can find it!
请在下面的评论区告诉我,并使用亲爱的宝高标签,这样我就能找到它了!
I'm making more episodes of Dear Blocko really soon!
我很快就要制作更多期《亲爱的宝高》了!
As always, my name is Blocko, this has been Life Noggin, don't forget to keep on thinking!
我是宝高,这里是脑洞大开的生命奇想,思考不要停!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
comment ['kɔment]

想一想再看

n. 注释,评论; 闲话
v. 注释,评论

联想记忆
boost [bu:st]

想一想再看

vt. 推进,提高,增加
n. 推进,增加

联想记忆
affect [ə'fekt]

想一想再看

vt. 影响,作用,感动

联想记忆
related [ri'leitid]

想一想再看

adj. 相关的,有亲属关系的

 
channel ['tʃænl]

想一想再看

n. 通道,频道,(消息)渠道,海峡,方法
v

联想记忆
social ['səuʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 社会的,社交的
n. 社交聚会

 
stress [stres]

想一想再看

n. 紧张,压力
v. 强调,着重

 
champion ['tʃæmpjən]

想一想再看

n. 冠军,优胜者,拥护者,勇士
vt. 保卫

 
avoid [ə'vɔid]

想一想再看

vt. 避免,逃避

联想记忆
lasting ['læstiŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 永久的,永恒的
动词last的现在分

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。