手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 美国名师英文词汇视频课程 > 正文

道路标志词汇的学习(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hoy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Next one, we've got a red circle and a slightly sort of small, feeble, lame arrow on the left

下一个,我们有一个红色的圆圈,左边有一个有点小,弱的箭头,
and a bigger, chunkier, more sort of purposeful arrow on the right.
右边还有一个更大,更粗的,更有目的性的箭头。
If you see this, it means, okay, you're going this way, you're going straight ahead.
如果你看到这个,它的意思是,好吧,你要往这边走,一直往前走。
The car coming the other way has right of way, that means you let it go before you.
从另一边开过来的车有优先通行权,也就是说你让它先开。
You go okay, your right of way, I'll just stay here.
你走吧,你先行,我就呆在这儿。
Okay great, it's passed, now I can go.
好的,很好,通过了,我可以走了。
If it was the other way, then you've got right of way and you don't need to stop for the other car.
如果是另一条路,那你就有优先权了,你不需要为另一辆车停车。
Hopefully, the other car knows the rules too. A red triangle.
希望另一辆车也知道这个规则。一个红色的三角形。
This shows you that there's a hazard ahead.
这表明前面有危险。
We're not talking about Eden Hazard, the Chelsea football player, fantastic as he is.
我们说的不是伊登·哈扎德,切尔西的足球运动员,尽管他是如此的出色。
No, we're talking about danger, danger zone.
不,我们说的是危险,危险地带。
This is a tunnel, watch out, there's a tunnel coming.
这是隧道,小心,有隧道来了。
What other hazards could you be alerted about with a red triangle?
红色三角形还能提醒你哪些危险?
Well, it might say that there's a narrow road, so you're going to have to pay attention to the oncoming traffic.
它可能是表示这条路很窄,所以你要注意迎面而来的车辆。
Let's jot that one down. Oncoming means it's coming, you know, towards you.
让我们把它记下来。迎面而来的意思是它正朝你的方向来。
It might show you that there's a school, it might show a low bridge, so if you're driving an articulated lorry, be careful.
它可能向你展示有一所学校,也可能是一座低矮的桥,所以如果你开的是铰接式卡车,要小心。
Low bridge, could show you there's a sharp turn, slow down.
低桥,可以告诉你有急转弯,减速。
As soon as you see a red triangle, slow down. Road signs, continued.
一旦你看到红色的三角形,就减速。继续说路标。
A big blue sign like this, you're likely to see on a motorway. It will give you directions.
像这样的蓝色大标志,你很可能会在高速公路上看到。它会告诉你方向。
It will probably tell you what junction - okay, so, this comes from the Latin meaning "to join".
它可能会告诉你什么交叉口——好吧,这个词来自拉丁语,意思是“交叉口”。
You've got two roads joining, so Junction 29, if you know you have to get out at Junction 26, then keep an eye on what number Junction you're on.
这里有两条路交叉,所以29号路口,如果你知道你必须在26号路口下车,那就留意你在哪个路口。
Gives directions. This kind of sign you will see actually written on the road.
提供方向。你会在路上看到这种牌子。
If it says "Keep Clear" it means don't stop on top of this, don't park on this, okay? That road doesn't want a car on it.
如果上面写着“保持畅通”意思是不要停在这上面,不要停在这上面,好吗?那条路不能停车。
This is actually meant to say "Stop", but my artistic skills let me down.
这其实是说“停”,但是我的艺术技巧让我失望。
If it says "Stop", stop. Okay? Come to a stop, check, safe to go.
如果它说“停”,就停。好吧?停下,检查,安全出发。
Okay, I'm going to go onto some safety signage, so let's head over to the safety signs.
好了,我要去看一些安全标识,让我们去看一下安全标识。
These are all actual signs that I've found from various places.
这些都是我从不同地方发现的实际迹象。
First one: Do not talk to or distract the operator while this machine is in operation.
第一条:本机运行时,请勿与操作人员交谈或干扰操作人员。
Okay. So, an operator is someone who is doing something. Someone who is in charge of something.
好吧。所以,一个操作员就是做某件事的人。负责某事的人。
Don't talk to them, okay? They don't want to - a conversational English class with you at that point, nor do they want you to distract them.
别跟他们说话,好吗?他们不想在那个时候和你一起上英语会话课,也不想让你分散他们的注意力。
So, don't tap on their shoulder and go, "Hello, Mister", okay.
所以,不要拍他们的肩膀说,“你好,先生”,好吧。
Don't talk, don't try to communicate with them at all while the machine is going.
不要说话,不要试图在机器运行的时候和他们交流。
"To be used by trained and authorized personnel only".
“仅供经过培训和授权的人员使用”。

道路标志词汇的学习(2).png

Okay, so we have a rocket and there's a sign saying this.

好的,我们有一个火箭,上面有一个标志写着这句话。
You can only touch the rocket if you have been told how it works.
只有当你知道火箭是如何工作的时候,你才能碰它。
If you have been given permission, this means if you're authorized to do something,
如果你被允许了,意思是如果你被授权做某事,
it means you've got a little certificate saying "I can use the rocket".
这意味着你有一个小证书,上面写着“我可以使用火箭”。
Permission. Personnel is someone who works somewhere.
许可。职员是指在某个地方工作的人。
It's like an employee. "No unauthorized access". So, okay, permission.
就像员工一样。“未经授权不可进入”。所以,好的,许可。
If you don't have permission, you can't come inside. You're not coming in! Okay? No unauthorized access.
如果你没有得到允许,你不能进去。你不能进来!好吧?未经授权不可进入。
Access meaning be able to get somewhere. This is a dangerous site.
访问的意思是能够到达某个地方。这是个危险的地方。
So, site - different to sight, which is - this is a sort of workplace.
所以,现场-不同于视觉,这是-这是一种工作场所。
Okay? Let's move on. High visibility vests must be worn at all times.
好吧?让我们继续。任何时候都必须穿着高能见度背心。
High vis - okay, visible, is something you can see it, it's very bright,
高能见度,可见,就是你能看到的东西,很亮,
you've got that yellow, it's got the stripes on, hard hats, that kind of place.
你有那种黄色的,上面有条纹的,安全帽,那种地方。
Don't come in unless you've got the yellow bib on. This is a fire sign.
除非你戴上了黄色背心,否则别进来。这是火灾警报。
So, what it's saying is what to do - action, what to do if there is a fire. Sound the alarm.
它表达的是,如果有火灾的话,我们要怎么做,采取行动。发出警报。
That doesn't mean go "There's an alarm, this is an alarm!" Yeah, it means make the alarm make the noise.
这并不是说“这里有警报器,这是警报器!”是的,它的意思是让警报器发出声音。
So, press a button. Hit the thing, do whatever it takes to get the alarm go to "Dodododo!" Next, report to assembly point.
所以,按下按钮。按下按钮,尽一切努力让警报响起“嘟嘟嘟!”接下来,前往集合点。
Report means "go" in this context. Assembly point - assemble, okay, put together.
“Report”在这里的意思是“去”。集合点,集合,好的,放在一起。
An assembly point is where you get - is kind of like a meeting point.
集合点是你到达的地方,有点像交会点。
These aren't all the signs you will find in the English language.
这些并不是你能在英语语言中找到的所有标志。
If you've got a sign that you're not quite sure about,
如果你有不确定的标志,
why not write it down in the thread below, okay, and our online community can help you work out what it means.
为什么不把它写在下面的帖子里,好吧,我们的在线社区可以帮助你理解它的含义。
Let's get a really good discussion now, people sharing the signs they have seen. Until next time, be safe!
让我们来一个真正好的讨论,人们分享他们看到的标志。下次见,注意安全!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
tunnel ['tʌnl]

想一想再看

n. 隧道,地道
v. 挖隧道,挖地道

联想记忆
artistic [ɑ:'tistik]

想一想再看

adj. 艺术的

联想记忆
hazard ['hæzəd]

想一想再看

n. 冒险,危险,危害
vt. 冒险,赌运气

 
circle ['sə:kl]

想一想再看

n. 圈子,圆周,循环
v. 环绕,盘旋,包围

 
personnel [.pə:sə'nel]

想一想再看

n. 职员,人事部门

联想记忆
triangle ['traiæŋgl]

想一想再看

n. 三角(形)

联想记忆
visibility [.vizi'biliti]

想一想再看

n. 能见度

 
feeble [fi:bl]

想一想再看

adj. 虚弱的,无力的

联想记忆
fantastic [fæn'tæstik]

想一想再看

adj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的

 
shoulder ['ʃəuldə]

想一想再看

n. 肩膀,肩部
v. 扛,肩负,承担,(用肩

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。