手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > Emma的美味英语 > 正文

第60期:关于change的五个习语(1)

来源:可可英语 编辑:Melody   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Hello I'm Emma from mmmEnglish!

大家好,我是Emma,来自Emma的美味英语!

In this lesson, I'll go over five common idioms that sound very similar, their meaning also very similar.

在本节课中,我们将学习5个常见的习语,它们听起来很相似,意思也同样非常相似。

They're all about change.

这五个习语都是关于“change(改变)”的。

But the way that we use each of them in English is a little different.

但在英语中,我们使用它们的方式略微不同。

In some of my previous lessons like this one,

在我以前的一些类似课程中,

I explained why idioms are important and what strategies you can use to learn them and remember them.

我解释过习语非常重要的原因,以及你们可以使用什么策略来学习并记忆习语。

Idioms can be a little tricky to learn but they're fun to use

习语可能学起来有点复杂,但是它们的使用非常有趣,

and they definitely make English more interesting and more entertaining.

而且它们能够让英语更具趣味和娱乐性。

This lesson is an advanced lesson, one that will teach you the subtle differences between some very similar idioms.

本节课是一节高级课程,能够教你们学会一些非常相似的习语之间的细微差别。

It will help you to use them correctly and sound more natural like a native English speaker.

本节课将帮助你们正确使用习语,而且听起来更加自然,更像英语母语者。

Now my advice with learning idioms is always to think about a situation in your own life where the meaning of the idiom is relevant

我给大家学习习语的建议永远是,想象你自己生活中的一些情景,而且这些情景与习语的意思相关,

so you can associate the idiom with a memory or an experience that you have.

这样的话,你就能够将习语与你拥有的一段记忆或一段经历联系起来。

It's going to help you to remember the idiom

这能够帮助你记忆习语,

but it will also mean you can use the idiom whenever you talk about that memory or that experience in English.

但是这也意味着你只要你用英语谈论那段记忆或者经历的时候,你都可以使用这个习语。

Super cool, right?

超级棒,对吧?

Okay so in this lesson we're focusing on idioms with the word change.

好的,所以在本节课中,我们将侧重于带有“change(改变)”这个词的习语了。

Now something my dear dad used to tell me is that change is the only constant in life.

我亲爱的爸爸曾经告诉过我的一件事情是,生活中处处充满改变。

It's the one thing that stays the same.

只有改变才是永远不变的。

Everything around us is changing.

我们周围的一切都在改变。

Our lives change, we change.

我们的生活在改变,我们也在改变。

So these idioms are super relevant and helpful so that you can express yourself.

所以这些习语与我们的生活息息相关,而且非常有用,能够帮助你表达自己。

When we move to a new house or we start a new job, we meet new people, things change.

当我们搬到新家或开始一份新工作时,我们会遇到新的人,事情会发生改变。

As we grow older, we change.

当我们慢慢长大时,我们在改变。

As certain things happen in our lives, we also change.

我们的生活中发生不同的事情时,我们也在改变。

Change isn't always easy but being able to talk about it in English should be.

改变并不总是轻而易举,但能够用英文谈论改变应该会很简单。

So let's start with ‘to change your mind'.

让我们从“改变主意”开始吧。

Now it's a common one, one that you've probably heard before.

这是一个非常常见的习语,你可能以前听说过。

It's used when you make a decision or you form an opinion that's different to the one that you first had.

当你做决定,或形成一个和之前不同的观点时,可以使用这个习语。

I was going to travel to Europe in September but I've changed my mind, I'm going to go Asia instead.

我本打算九月去欧洲旅行,但我改变主意了,我要去亚洲。

When I first met Paul, I thought he was odd but now that I've got to know him a little better, I've changed my mind!

我第一次遇见保罗的时候,我觉得他很奇怪,但现在我对他了解得更深了一点,我改变了看法!

I think he was probably just shy when I first met him.

我认为我第一次遇见他的时候,他可能只是害羞。

Have you changed your mind about something recently?

你最近有改变对某件事情的看法吗?

or maybe even your plans for the weekend.

可能是关于一次假期,或者是你对周末的计划。

Perhaps you've changed your mind about somebody, you've changed your opinion about them.

可能你改变了对于某个人的看法,你改变了对他们的想法。

If you can think of something tell me about it, write a sentence in the comments so I can check it for you.

如果你能想到的话,那就和我说说吧,造个句子并写在评论区,我给你检查。

Maybe you always wanted to study in America but now you've decided you want to study in Australia.

可能你一直想去美国学习,但是现在你决定你想去澳大利亚学习。

下载 (1).jpg

Perhaps you've changed your mind.

可能你改变了主意。

So that was ‘change your mind'.

那就是“改变主意”。

What about 'to change your tune'

那“改变看法”呢

or a 'change of heart'?

或者“改变心意”?

'a change of scene'?

“改变环境”?

'a change of pace'?

“改变习惯”?

Now all of these idioms are similar but the way that we use them is slightly different,

所有的这些习语都很相似,但是我们使用它们的方式是有细微不同的,

something that you need to understand and you need to pay attention to if you want to sound natural when you're speaking English.

如果你想让自己说的英语更加自然的话,有些方面你需要理解并且关注。

‘To change your tune' is usually used when someone's opinion changes or someone's behaviour changes and usually it's from a negative to a positive one.

当某个人的看法改变了,或者是某个人的行为改变了,一般是使用“改变看法”这个习语,它一般是从负面的方面转变到积极的方面。

So imagine that you have a colleague who's been complaining about your boss for months.

想象一下你有一位同事,抱怨你老板好几个月了。

They don't get on well together, they disagree on most things and your colleague can be quite stubborn about it.

他们相处并不融洽,他们在大多数事情上看法都不一致,而且你的同事非常固执。

But suddenly, your colleague comes into the office

但是突然之间,你的同事走进办公室,

and starts saying that your boss is really nice and that he's really great to work with.

开始说你的老板人超级好,和他一起工作非常愉快。

He even goes and gets him a coffee every morning and you think “You've really changed your tune!”

他甚至每天早晨会去给他冲咖啡,你在想“你真的改变了看法啊!”

They've changed their opinion and they've changed the way that they behave around this person.

他们改变了他们的一些想法,以及对待这个人的方式。

This whole year I've been trying to convince Shah, my fiance, to go on a holiday

整整一年我都在努力说服我的未婚夫沙阿去度假,

and he's been saying “No, it's too expensive we can't afford it!”

但是他一直在说“不行,太贵了,我们负担不起啊!”

But last night he came home and he said he wanted to buy tickets to Tokyo

但是昨天晚上他回家之后告诉我他想买去东京的机票,

and I thought “Hmm he's really changed his tune.”

我在想“呃,他真的改变了主意呢。”

His opinion about the holiday has completely changed.

他关于度假的看法完全改变了。

He's changed his tune.

他改变了主意。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
stubborn ['stʌbən]

想一想再看

adj. 顽固的,倔强的,难对付的

 
check [tʃek]

想一想再看

n. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案

联想记忆
colleague ['kɔli:g]

想一想再看

n. 同事

联想记忆
previous ['pri:vjəs]

想一想再看

adj. 在 ... 之前,先,前,以前的

联想记忆
disagree [.disə'gri:]

想一想再看

v. 不一致,有分歧,不适应,不适宜

联想记忆
relevant ['relivənt]

想一想再看

adj. 相关的,切题的,中肯的

联想记忆
entertaining [entə'teiniŋ]

想一想再看

adj. 引起乐趣的,娱乐性的,令人愉快的 n. 招待,

 
slightly ['slaitli]

想一想再看

adv. 些微地,苗条地

 
constant ['kɔnstənt]

想一想再看

adj. 经常的,不变的
n. 常数,恒量

联想记忆
tune [tju:n]

想一想再看

n. 曲调,调子,和谐,协调,调整
vt. 调

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。